Sign in to follow this  

Changing unit type text that shows @ unit targeted

Hello

Well I have a few characters that I want to have their actual names show up when targetted, rather than their unit type. Like on inparticular is Jennifer from Mercs addon, where I want her name to be Mira, in this case her actual unit type that shows when u target her is "Jennifer", is there a way to change that?

I already know how to change names in Description, but this only changes names that show under 'group', and I want the unit type text that shows to be edited to show name...

This isnt a huge deal, but thought Id ask before giving up on this.

You need another addon config.cpp.

Make a small new that inherits the units from the addon you are using, then change the relevant values. In this case I think it is <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DisplayName="Mira" but I may be wrong.

Okay, thanks, Ill try this. Never messed with a .cpp file, sounds like just copy and paste from the addon .cpp to the new one the info on the units config and alter name.

I found 2 pbo files under mercs addon, one I was able to de-pbo other one it says it cannot de - pbo it. Unfortunately the one that it did de-pbo is all the .paa and .pac files, so maybe the .cpp is in the other one, but I cant decompress it...

Ah well, I know the author had mentioned it is strictly forbidden to alter anything anyhow, even trying this might be over stepping my bounds, think I maybe should just leave it lol.

Thanks for the help tho, I appreciate it. wink_o.gif

You have every right to edit it for yourself.. you can't distribute it without permission though.

Your best bet is to create a NEW cpp file which will overwrite the DisplayName and pack it into your own PBO. You can do this by inheritance. I'd help more but it's been a loooooong time since I did something like that. Someone else is going to know better than I.

Thanks CrashDome, ya, Im pretty clueless about how to go about this, especially considering I cant access the .cpp file for the addon to make a new one with dif names.

If anyone has any help to offer in doing this, that would be great, if not its not a huge deal. Honestly its really because I have a particular sound file where 'Mira' introduces herself, therefore to use that I cant have her unit type showing as Jennifer for that, but its just one sound file amongst like 100 to select from, so its not a huge deal..