Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

Where to rent in europe.

Can anyone reccommend a decent host where I can rent a flashpoint server?

Currently have one with gameservers.net but im not happy with the service.

thanks

Depends if you're looking for a dedi or gamebox....not many people sell OFP gamebox's anymore...dedi's the way to go if you want performance.

Im bot fused what it is as long as it can have 16 players and about a Gig of space for mods.

Clanshout looks to be the cheapest i have seen, is there any cheaper though, that have less slots? 10 or less, or with those sort of numbers is it just worth sticking to trying to get someone to host a remote server?

The one we have at the moment is cheaper than clanshout but the service isnt great and the server setup is not user frienly in any way shape or form.

I'd recommend you look at dedicated boxes. The ability to do pretty much anything you like with it gives you unparalleled freedom and value for money. smile_o.gif

I had seen gamerservers.net earlier, and saw it as 30, not realising it was 30euros rather than Å30, so thanks for heads up Rambo.

When you say the service is poor, do you mean you can't contact them for problems, or that the server is down alot?

Going by Rambo's comments on gameservers.net, clanshout.co.uk still seems the best overall.

Pathy's idea of buying a box is the best in the long run, but too expensive right now for me at least as i'm not sure how well a dedicated server would be used by my squad.

Shout if you find any other providers please Rambo. The only other one i know is Eclipse, wich OFP.info uses, however i friend was using them up until a few months ago and the server was frequantley down. It's also far more expensive.

hmm, my clan rents off clanshout, i've tried eclipse and pulse and clanshout are the same quality + offer alot more than both them companies because u can edit all the settings online etc.. everythings their to 100% manage the server, if your looking for a cheap + high quality game server i would recommend clanshout.co.uk, oh and also clanshout give 10gb space for custom stuff i think. Your choice really.

Basically the gameservers.net service is probably ok, if your not wanting to run anything but the stock Flashpoint/ GOTE.

You get 750mb of space for maps & mods, which ran out very quick for us, and Ive had it expanded 3 times. Because Flashpoints fussy, mods dont always work in one addon folder ot the other without testing, the service from gameservers falls down here. You need to reboot the game each time you add, move orremove a mod which requires a support ticket to be opened. This has taken up to 48 hours with them which isnt good when you trying to get lots of mod files installed and running.. Got a bit fed up with all the messing arround and constantly running out of space.

If the OFP server was auto-restarting, the in-game #shutdown command might have helped in restarting it?

it didnt, it just shut the game of, but left the server running.

I had tried that.