Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to rent in europe.

who are you with at the moment?
    IM A GAMBLER

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Were with gameservers.net at the moment,
    I was dragged through hell by certail Mod teams accusing me of theft. I was banned without question.

Recient information shows that Models were being placed in the public domain by trusted members of said mod teams. I was victomised because I had apparently downloaded one such model from the google website and was landed with the full blaim for the theft, uploading and creating some fantastical ruse to " cover up the theft".
    Since the source of the models has came to light I was unbanned, but no appology has ever been tabled for the crap I had to put up with nor the crap anyone who associated with me had to put up with.
    I see the leaking of the models by their own as poetic justice.
    I still want nothing to do with BIS, those Mod team members, or other community people who were quite willing to burn me allive for A crime that they now know I didnt commit.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    I had seen gamerservers.net earlier, and saw it as 30, not realising it was 30euros rather than Ł30, so thanks for heads up Rambo.
    When you say the service is poor, do you mean you can't contact them for problems, or that the server is down alot?

Going by Rambo's comments on gameservers.net, clanshout.co.uk still seems the best overall.
    Pathy's idea of buying a box is the best in the long run, but too expensive right now for me at least as i'm not sure how well a dedicated server would be used by my squad.

Shout if you find any other providers please Rambo. The only other one i know is Eclipse, wich OFP.info uses, however i friend was using them up until a few months ago and the server was frequantley down. It's also far more expensive.
    [Help update JohnnyLump's Militaria!]
    "They that can give up essential liberties to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

hmm, my clan rents off clanshout, i've tried eclipse and pulse and clanshout are the same quality + offer alot more than both them companies because u can edit all the settings online etc.. everythings their to 100% manage the server, if your looking for a cheap + high quality game server i would recommend clanshout.co.uk, oh and also clanshout give 10gb space for custom stuff i think. Your choice really.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Basically the gameservers.net service is probably ok, if your not wanting to run anything but the stock Flashpoint/ GOTE.
    You get 750mb of space for maps & mods, which ran out very quick for us, and Ive had it expanded 3 times. Because Flashpoints fussy, mods dont always work in one addon folder ot the other without testing, the service from gameservers falls down here. You need to reboot the game each time you add, move orremove a mod which requires a support ticket to be opened. This has taken up to 48 hours with them which isnt good when you trying to get lots of mod files installed and running.. Got a bit fed up with all the messing arround and constantly running out of space.

If the OFP server was auto-restarting, the in-game #shutdown command might have helped in restarting it?
    Bellum pacis pater

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    it didnt, it just shut the game of, but left the server running.
    I had tried that.

We are now offering London, UK game servers at http://xfactorservers.com. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions before ordering.
    Derek
    Owner
    XFactorServers
    www.XFactorServers.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12