Sign in to follow this  
muzzmuzz

Mouse Lag and Mouse Cursor

Well its an old age Flashpoint problem but I've forgotten how to fix it as no one has mentioned it on this Forum for months.

When ever I play Flashpoint I get bad mouse lag and the windows mouse cursor in the foreground of the game. confused.gif

I have the following spec if it helps solve this!

AMD Athlon 1.4ghz

768mb PC133mhz SDRAM

2X 20gb Hard Drives

17" Monitor

Creative Geforce III

56K Diamond Supra External Modem

4X Philips CDRW

DVD ROM

56X CDROM

Have you searched for "lag" and "cursor" in the faq?

the thing is, you have too much ram! u have to give 256 MB away...preferably to me tounge.gif

When taking the path of least assistance always remember this, "Follow the Ronin".

tounge.gif

BTW has anyone noticed Placebo's flag is getting bigger, what is this, who has the biggest wavy flag war now?

biggrin.gif

Thanks for what little help any of you have bothered to give!!!

I'd get more sense out of a bunch of PE teachers!

Anyway cheers Placebo for the FAQ link!

To fix mouse lag, turn off anti-aliasing (or drop it down a bit) and also disable vsync. If this doesn't help you will have to drop it down to a lower resolution or into 16-bit

To fix the windows mouse cursor popping up, alt-tab out of the game and then alt-tab back in again

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ Jan. 24 2002,15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To fix the windows mouse cursor popping up, alt-tab out of the game and then alt-tab back in again<span id='postcolor'>

Prolly simpler to do what I do, enable w-buffer then disable it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedRogue @ Jan. 24 2002,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW has anyone noticed Placebo's flag is getting bigger, what is this, who has the biggest wavy flag war now?

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL don't put ideas like that into peoples heads wink.gif

Blame Ronin he found me it wink.gif