Sign in to follow this  
Blanco

Grass rendering

Ok, the grass is rendered in a radius of approx 50m around the player to avoid lag issues. Maybe this can be adjusted in video options? I dunno...

I wonder...

How is a sniper supposed to hide at long range if the grassrender ends, will you see him lying in the open field?

I'm sure that the sniper could not even hide if the grass was rendered 100m away.  It seems that these grass patches are so short that you couldn't hide someone's head behind them.

Then again, I hope there will be some very tall grass "bushes" that are permanent fixtures than snipers can use. smile_o.gif

Hmmm...take a look at this pic

http://armedassault.eu/photogallery.php?photo=169

Imagine the guy on the far left is lying down in the grass, how much would you see when he's wearing woodland camo?

Oh forgot about color. In that case, I guess it could make a difference, especially if the sniper is using some sort of grass camoflage.

Hmmm...take a look at this pic

http://armedassault.eu/photogallery.php?photo=169

Imagine the guy on the far left is lying down in the grass, how much would you see when he's wearing woodland camo?

Oh forgot about color. In that case, I guess it could make a difference, especially if the sniper is using some sort of grass camoflage.

i´m not sure if it´s still a bug with the grass´ alpha channel, but maybe the sniper would blend away like the shoes do in this picture.

Guest Ti0n3r

Avoid fps issues? The grass is the last thing we have to worry about. Crank it up wink_o.gif

like Pang told, Im sure low lying distant units will blend in the grass.. same thing in Novalogic's joint operations, u cant see the distant grasses neither the sniper in the grass UNLESS sniper is screening the sky towards your position..

like Pang told, Im sure low lying distant units will blend in the grass.. same thing in Novalogic's joint operations, u cant see the distant grasses neither the sniper in the grass UNLESS sniper is screening the sky towards your position..

I really hope they don't do it like Soeldner where you can actually turn off the grass making all the enemies hiding in it painfully obvious. banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]like Pang told, Im sure low lying distant units will blend in the grass..

Well, I hope you are right, that would be great.

That blending thing sucked big time in joint ops, i hope arma grass is something different.

@ May 19 2006,17:06)]

That blending thing sucked big time in joint ops, i hope arma grass is something different.

Question is, then, how would you do? :P

But it would be unfair, if the grass would block your view, but the enemy could see your whole body...

telejunky

Guest Ti0n3r

The best solution would be to make the grass render everywhere within your viewdistance. And the farther away, the less detailed.

(Or if you want you could just crank it up).

Quote[/b] ]The best solution would be to make the grass render everywhere within your viewdistance

...or within the distance of a (lying) person visible for the naked eye. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But it would be unfair, if the grass would block your view, but the enemy could see your whole body...

Indeed, that's the whole point.

AFAIK grass was a feature in OFP Elite... How did they solve this in OFP:E?

Maxqubit ?

smile_o.gif