Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

World in Conflict new game in development

Interview at gamespot

trailer here , choose free low quality version and you should get it working. Trailer site

The game is a rts but it tries to be more fast paced like a Fps game. the trailer is just Cg but damn its hot if they can get the game to feel that breathtaking! biggrin_o.gif Only sad part its a 2007 release so it will take some time until release. I think some of the footage and story made me think c&c red alert 2 on steroids biggrin_o.gif

*drools*

I really want to create a WWIII Mod for ofp but everytime I get started there is very very low support.

Back on-topic that trailer is pretty sweet. Your right it does remind me a lot of Red Alert.

Yeah, it looks great, i believe Massive are making it? the same people behind Ground Control and Ground Control II?

Either way it looks promising (shame the trailer is CG i agree, but there are screenshots up over at gamespot and it looks nice, let's hope they get the gameplay settled down)

I like the subject matter, but I hate RTS games. This one'll probably suck just like the rest, but I gotta admit it was a good looking trailer.

...oh my wow_o.gif

this is all i ever wanted to play inlove.gif

BIS games doesen`t counts...

Guest Ti0n3r

Like Radnik said, Oh my wow_o.gif

This looks great. Hope it'll turn out to be great too.

Yea hope everything blends in nicely looks like a nice game.

Guest Ti0n3r

I just had a look at some ingame screens. Looks very good. But I wonder if they'll go for realism or "gameplay". I think this game has alot of potential, and if they aim for realism it might turn out to be the best RTS in years.

It would be great with a system similar to Ofp; 1-3 shots = death. Etc.

...my dream is, if this game would have a lot of RPG elements and micromanagement...

like to decide what to add/remove to each soldier or brigade, random soldier behaviour (moral,stamina...), soldiers ranks, vehicles repair, building wide random structure and much more stuff...

Guest Ti0n3r
...my dream is, if this game would have a lot of RPG elements and micromanagement...

like to decide what to add/remove to each soldier or brigade, random soldier behaviour (moral,stamina...), soldiers ranks, vehicles repair, building wide random structure and much more stuff...

I completely agree. Someone should post this kind of suggestions on the official WIC forum. Hopefully the devs will listen. pistols.gif

I think I'll sign up...

Edit; If anyone's interested;

Official site

Official forum

I completely agree. Someone should post this kind of suggestions on the official WIC forum. Hopefully the devs will listen. pistols.gif

I think I'll sign up...

Edit; If anyone's interested;

Official site

Official forum

Developers forum

i`ve registred on both :-)

cu there...hehe

0077eo.jpg

If this is really ingame and not just pre-rendred scenes : wow_o.gif

Certainly, if this RTS will use a realistic speed for their different units, realistic ballistic and penetration model, if the AI for both yours our the computer's units is good and capable, if there is a skirmish gamemode with all the above available for SP (unlike their previous game Ground Control , despite having being released for free was uninstalled without any motivation to play it again once i finished the campaigns) , if the interface is really well done and not a pain to use, if there is a lot of options to customise the gamemodes, if there is a formation management for troops and armor ...

...i am interested ... but that's a lot of "if" they will need to implement ingame to really convince me to get rid of my money wink_o.gif.

Other than that, the CG trailer is really awesome, very dynamic.

I wish ArmA would feature real "life-like animations" like those seen in the motion captures of that trailer.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8448/0077eo.jpg

If this is really ingame and not just pre-rendred scenes : wow_o.gif

word from mods:

Quote[/b] ]Media Available:

Screenshots in the previews listed below, in the Gamespot preview a trailer is included of some pre-rendered images. As far as I am aware, all the screenshots, unless taken from the trailer, are in-game.

Gonna be watching for this one...I'm not a big fan of RTS's, but if they put as much detail into the game as they have into the trailer, I'm buying.

I like the subject matter, but I hate RTS games. This one'll probably suck just like the rest, but I gotta admit it was a good looking trailer.

Blasphemy!!

RTS rocks smile_o.gif

RTS games that revolve around bulding bases, collecting resources are no more stratetigal than your run of the mill FPS IMO...

Although the setting of this one does look interesting smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

StarCraft

Age of Empires I

Age of Empires II

StarWars - Galactic Battlegrounds

Red Alert I

Red Alert II

inlove.gif

Indeed, some of the IMO best games ever made are RTS ones.

RTS games that revolve around bulding bases, collecting resources are no more stratetigal than your run of the mill FPS IMO...

Although the setting of this one does look interesting smile_o.gif

The lead game designer says the following in a Gamespot interview:

Quote[/b] ]World in Conflict is a late-Cold War real-time strategy game with a strong focus on unit tactics, action, team play, and destruction. Players take on a specific role commanding air, armor, infantry, and support units to form a combined arms force against the enemy. By controlling key strategic points on the map, you sway the battle in your favor. There is no resource-gathering, so every second not spent fighting the enemy over a piece of land is a second wasted.

Later on he says that there is no base building involved: the player has a fixed resource pool and has to select the right units for the battle. Based on a briefing, I assume.

I must say the game looks promising. I have to admit that the trailer didn't impress me very much, as it was obviously pre-rendered (as someone mentioned earlier). The screenshots however look verrry nice. This is just an assumption, but I'm inclined to believe that a developer who is hell-bent on historical accuracy (which has been explicitly stated by the lead developer) is quite likely to put some emphasis on realism.

However, I find the following quote to be somewhat worrying:

Quote[/b] ]We also looked for a scenario that offered balanced factions, so we traveled back in time a few years to the era of multiple superpowers.

These 'superpowers' were only 'balanced' because they had enough nukes to destroy the planet ten times over. I certainly hope the designers are not going to interpret this 'balance' in a BF2 way... Or for that matter, BIS way.

However, I find the following quote to be somewhat worrying:
Quote[/b] ]We also looked for a scenario that offered balanced factions, so we traveled back in time a few years to the era of multiple superpowers.

These 'superpowers' were only 'balanced' because they had enough nukes to destroy the planet ten times over. I certainly hope the designers are not going to interpret this 'balance' in a BF2 way... Or for that matter, BIS way.

That's what I fear most. Even if it is a RTS game I hope there won't be a counterpart for every American unit on Russian side.

They talk about big scale realism, but it falls by the wayside if they balance it in standard RTS manner.

The Mp side of things soudns interesting from a PCZone Article it seems that the Sides can hold more than one player, each player taking control of different units on the same Team, if properly done could be very cool.

Btw, has anyone played the other recent Massive game, Ground Control II? I just got it, and I must say it's great! It isn't overly realistic (i.e. it takes a good couple of shots to take a guy down), but it's a sci fi setting, so making statements about realism is rather useless. But the looks are... breathtaking. It's a 2004 game, but the engine is excellent. Having played Ground Control II, I must say that the WiC screenshots look very feasible.

I'm off to play some more GCII:D