Sign in to follow this  
hoam

Can't set Hardware T&L

I can't enable my hardware T&L, despite my gfx card being a Geforce 6600GT. Anyone know the possible reasons?

GFX Drivers and latest Directx installed correctly?

yes everything is up to date. Latest forceware, directx9.0c

I have the same card, latest FW and DX9c and it works for me, infact its enabled by default confused_o.gif , you have Resistance and the latest patch (1.96)?

Have you tried running the preferences utility? have you tried opening the CFG file located in your main OPF folder with notepad and change it manually?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Product=...;

Language="English";

HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";<<<<<

So that it looks like that smile_o.gif .

lol yes manually enabling it works, but now it refuses to be disabled lol. Oh well at least now I can enable it, thanks smile_o.gif

I guess the way to check for sure it's working ingame is to see if the sunlight reflects off the water, as far as I remember that's one of the graphical effects visible with T&L and not visible without.

I am having problems with my hardware t&l too. When i enable it the multitexturing is gone and when flying in a helicopter the ocean shows a square that is lighter then the actual ocean. My graphics card is a Intel® 82915G/GV?910GL Express Chipset Family and my computer is a Sony Vaio. Pentium 4 and another name for the graphics card i think (cuz i got the first name out of the graphics option and this name under the label that came with the computer) is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 VGA output and 224mb. I hope i get a response soon cuz i wanna my ofp working fine