Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We need a patch or some DLC real soon!

i dont like the idea of BIS moving towards console gaming they might stick it as all the publishers are doing. and we cant have that now can we

MattXR ( MxR )

Check out my Twitter BIS Fans and Sub!
    -- MRKCCO Twitter --

Well, i do like it (doesn't say they will do it). I have now a very powerful $400 xbox360 (gaming console, that is a machine to play games!) at home but i have to upgrade a pc for $300-$600 just to be able to enjoy ArmA.

That is just ridiculous. A game dev also should make console versions (or choose to ignore millions of sometimes very fanatic, hard-core, and imo as intelligent as pc gamers. Btw, imo spending days tweaking pc hw/sw over just plain 100% gaming is a way of gaming i cannot afford anymore. My gametime is limited and should not be consumed by pc hw/sw issues)

New music clip Max Qubit - Stars | OFP:Elite's Battle at Le Port 60.000+ views, 9/10 rating (mission editor) | Soundclick

Quote Originally Posted by (maxqubit @ April 19 2006,14:35)
    Well, i do like it (doesn't say they will do it). I have now a very powerful $400 xbox360 (gaming console, that is a machine to play games&#33 at home but i have to upgrade a pc for $300-$600 just to be able to enjoy ArmA.

That is just ridiculous. A game dev also should make console versions (or choose to ignore millions of sometimes very fanatic, hard-core, and imo as intelligent as pc gamers. Btw, imo spending days tweaking pc hw/sw over just plain 100% gaming is a way of gaming i cannot afford anymore. My gametime is limited and should not be consumed by pc hw/sw issues)
    Problem with your powerful xbox 360 is it doesnt allow you to mod for it. 1 of the best things about flashpoint is the ability to mod for it. Its a fact that PC users would not still be playing it for over 5 years now if you couldnt mod for it.

Im guessing like everyone that Codemasters cant be bothered to mod for this game, its a shame, but the only thing you guys can do is either write to codemasters or buy a nice big fat PC and enjoy the 1000s of addons and upgrades we have in our community
    PUKF Developer

XBOX live jtecuk

The world has changed in many ways the last 5 years.

You could choose to deny the existence of powerful game consoles with integrated internet features, hdd, HD, etc.

Let's give it another 5 years:)

(even on xbox ppl are able to 'port' pc mission while there is NO support for it from anyone so it is in fact a kind of hacking ... now just suppose BIS would 'build in' a kind of 360 DLC/mod feature ... pehaps thru submitting your mod to BIS who submits it as free DLC ... i'm sure it can be done, but i'm not sure it WILL be done;)

Its a nice idea, Codemasters could hire some addon makers and give them a cut of the profits from DLC. Im pretty sure alot of addon makers would jump at the chance to get some money from this.

Im free

If BIS/futurepublisher would consider this they have to go for ArmA on 360. A fairly quick 'port' seeing the light H1-2007 would be perfect. Game2 would still be 1+ year away so gamers can (AND WILL;) toy with this precious ArmA360 jewel for a fairly long time

Second Lieutenant GossamerSolid's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    It's sad to see such a good game wasted. This game took forever to come to xbox and they ended up taking out half of the things that made it good.

Missions/Gamemodes
    Mods/Addons
    PC - i5 3570K | EVGA GTX 780 ACX | 16GB DDR3

Master Gunnery Sergeant ParaGraphic L's Avatar
    such as? they have put everything and a bit more into this xbox version. Only they didn't port any of the community add-ons, and offcourse this made the game BETTER, without the game itself is still one of the best out there. And the upgraded engine and live possibilities made me a happy gamer. (On console i'm a gamer )

Staff Sergeant
    I have just a few complaints but I will not hesitate to call it the best game ever none the less. Sometimes we just have to sit back and appreciate what we do have. The fact is that I still love this game and am still surprised by it. Things still happen that just blow me away. Of course I want more. I want UH-1s, I want AV-8s, and a P90 would be so sassy but I am still quite content with the game as is.
    When I shoot you in the woods and nobody hears it, is it murder?

There's really just one thing I could ask for; A non crippled mission editor

PS: Aaaand more construction points. To me it seems as if you could place double the amount of stuff the construction points allow you to without any major performance issues.

But guees what? I know there won't be any DLC, ever. *very evil laughter*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast