Sign in to follow this  
Leopardi

Red Hammer campaign

Alright, I want to play the Red Hammer campaign again, but it doesnt work. The intros, conversations are not timed, why? I'd like to play it but it is unplayable, awful intros. How can I fix it?

I believe there's some patch for resistance. I know it is on flashpoint.ru but site is down for me sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

Bah, don't play Red Hammer. I recommend you try Peacemaker: Retaliation (using the FFUR 2005/1985 mods, either one is fine). It gives a much more realistic, rounded, better scripted and less biased view than the original Red Hammer - though all due respect to those guys work. thumbs-up.gif

Peacemaker: Retaliation (though only one part of the campaign) is what the Soviet missions should be like, IMHO.

Guest Ti0n3r

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the RH campaign? wow_o.gif

I enjoyed Red Hammer too - it was good to play as a Soviet. However, I just enjoyed Retaliation much more, as it seemed the Russians were just a tad more... sane.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, Beatty. welcome.gif

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the RH campaign? wow_o.gif

No.

PPL here dont like Red Hammer because they dont like Codemasters because they had some troubles with BIS.

No, really play Retaliation.

Some1 said it whats Red Hammer should have been, wich is as right as you can get...

ideed read hammer camapign was a bit of a let down i was expecting much more but i still enjoyed it and Retallation camapign is magnificant definately worth the 120 odd Mb download

Retaliation is a worthwhile download, I agree.

I didn't like Red Hammer, mainly because I found sections of it incredibly hard, despite attempting them in a manner of different ways. The missions were also a bit lack luster and it just didn't have the charm of either cwc or resistance. But this is just my view.

download retaliation, better campaign then "Red Hammer" I'd say . .even the best there is tounge2.gif

Red hammer is nice, but i expected more when i played it . .some of the missions there are really dumb ! pistols.gif

red hammer was a load of bollocks, typical of czechs to never right or create or draw anything good about russians (understandably, given their history with them). I enjoyed the missions, but hated the hollywood story.

red hammer was a load of bollocks, typical of czechs to never right or create or draw anything good about russians (understandably, given their history with them). I enjoyed the missions, but hated the hollywood story.

codemasters made it not BIS i think confused_o.gif

red hammer was a load of bollocks, typical of czechs to never right or create or draw anything good about russians (understandably, given their history with them).

Please check your facts before slinging mud.

codemasters made it not BIS i think confused_o.gif

Indeed.

Guest Ti0n3r

I felt I had to stick my noise in here and give you my opinion.

I think RH is a very good campaign, just as good as the best usermade ones. I enjoyed all the missions. Sure, the story was a bit stupid. But the missions were quite different from CWC, in a good way. CWC and Resistance focused on realism and story, whilst RH was more about the challenge. I guees you could call it arcade.

Anyone who hasnt played RH should do so right now, even if you think Codemasters are nothing more than a bunch of ŀ$ lovers. smile_o.gif (and they are)

I hope this wont qualify as spam. help.gif

Red Hammer was a terrible campaign. The pauses between speech were too lomg, and it was simply boring, not to mentioned developed by the enemies of OFP. The only good thing about Red Hammer was that it provided Russian accented voices over radio instead of american.

I always enjoyed the mission where you got to set up defenses in Montignac.

ya I think thats the only good mission in the whole campiagn tounge2.gif

I thought Red Hammer was a good campaign. It's not quite as good as the BIS ones, but it's definitely well-made and professionally done (even if some of the cutscenes are messed up on the current version of OFP)

I thought some of the missions were quite creative, too. Especially the last one.

And those complaining about difficulty, have you actually tried that Retaliation campaign!? Yes it's very well done but it was so impossible I gave up on the second mission (where you have to escape from about 50 armed guys on your own. Seriously...) Meanwhile, I finished Red Hammer although I did have trouble on a few missions, "Rage" in particular.

Ah, Rage. Also known to me as Operation Steal The Chopper. Seriously, in every OPF mission where there was a helicopter to blow up, I stole it, killed everything in the whole level, then landed it and blew it up with RPGs or LAWs. Gave me a score in the 100,000 area or thereabouts.

Hehehe! biggrin_o.gif

I enjoyed RedHammer too.

While it was harder than the other two campaignes i always managed to rack up hugh kills (when you view the mission stats for past missions.)

Also I can no longer play it, the cut scenes are are played at funny speeds and the last level, when you capture or kill the two officers, crashes to desktop every time get near them! banghead.gif

Also, talking of other campaigns; When i was young and dumb, i actually bought (yes i paid money for) what i thought was an official expansion called 'Between the Lines'...Hard as nails it is. I still have not finished all three campaings. (in truth they're all a bit poo.)

Also I can no longer play it, the cut scenes are are played at funny speeds and the last level, when you capture or kill the two officers, crashes to desktop every time get near them! banghead.gif

I used to get that problem too, just ended up shooting them smile_o.gif Red Hammer was good, but in hindsight, the missions were a bit basic, and the storyline was a load of shit: Guy gets kicked from Spetsnaz for not following orders (which would IRL probably landed Lukin a bullet to the back of the head, not demotion to private) then becomes an officer, saves Guba's girl, gets suddenly re-promoted to Spetsnaz, where, he doesnt follow orders AGAIN! But this time they ignore it, he then bumps into an old friend, and he turns against the Russians where he kills, loots and plunders, and then returns to Russia; a hero.....double-u tee eff? crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

About Retaliation: It looks like a good campaign but I just kept on getting killed on first mission banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]Retaliation

I loved Retaliation. Good reminder ! Will play it again.

RH was pffff whistle.gif

Best level of RH ineed smile_o.gif

its very fun to play it with FFUR {I played it with ffur 2005