Sign in to follow this  
Leopardi

Red Hammer campaign

Guest Ti0n3r

Retaliation is OK, but the skill of the enemy soldiers is a bit too much. It takes away the fun help.gif

On all those missions where the easiest way was to steal a helicopter and destroy everything, did anyone else simply eject over the mission end point and enjoy the view as you parachuted to the mission end point?!

Red Hammer is a good campaign , the only downthing of Red Hammer is Lukin

Spoilers!:

In the end , when he says something like: "ahhh another great day" and then he start to kill the rebels . or in the mission when you must repair the tank , he acts like a lunatic without any sense.

and Retaliation is an excelent campaign but after the 3 firsts mission , it become very easy a good ex is the airport mission or the last one which i think it is there only to show us an old friend.

tip for Retaliation: first mission) hide until your superior tell you to destroy the truck , after that drop your weapons and wait.

in the second knock the guard grab the gun and start to run ,and in the third after you capture the guy , wait for two rebels and kill them after that just look for a long way back to the camp , not a short one the short way (main road) are full of enemys.

Red Hammer is a great campaign. Cold War Crisis and and Resistance were as corny when it came to the storyline department anyway.

What I especially liked about RH is the fact that it is not a walk in the park compared to most CWC and RES missions, if we don't consider Search & Destroy of course. (was lucky that the A.I pilot of the AH-1 noticed the Scud when there was 4 seconds left before launch)

One of the negative things of Red Hammer is the poor voice acting, which Cold War Crisis and Resistance also somewhat suffered. But apart from that it's a fun and challenging campaign with a lot of innovative missions.

Red Hammer is a great campaign. Cold War Crisis and and Resistance were as corny when it came to the storyline department anyway.

Red Hammer storyline was ridiculous!

Fight to control Everon with Russians, become Spetznaz

Change mind, fight against former countrymen with help of Americans

Defeat Russians, Return to Russia a hero?!?

wtf?

Guba was a traitor to the Russians, as the Soviet government was going through some severe changes, he wanted to start a war between America and the USSR which would stop any planned changes by the Soviets.

Guba's force was in no way condoned by the USSR, so anyone working to defeat him would have been praised by the Russian government.

RedHammer was by no means a terrible campaign, it was just a different style from the others. Much more un-realistic and arcadish. Although, as a lot of the others who play OFP, I don't like the campaign at all. OFP's meant to be realistic and RedHammer doesn't show it. As I'm sure you've all heard countless times before, play Retaliation. It's an amazing campaign, extremely well made and allows you to play a different side with a much more realistic story.

I have nothing against Codemasters, they trademarked "Operation Flashpoint" and thus BIS can no longer use it due to their "contract issues". So really, I don't hate RedHammer because it's made by Codemasters, without them OFP would never have been published. I just hate RedHammer because of it's lack of realism, nothing else.

Not sure about the others though... whistle.gif

I like the Red hammer campaign surely much can still be improved but overall i enjoyed it.

Cant say its my favourite campaing ever nor would i recomend playing it over Retaliation as Retaliation gives you what Redhammer really should have been IMHO.

So... I gave it a try in version 1.46 and then in 1.30, but it just doesn't work, what the hell?

I always enjoyed the mission where you got to set up defenses in Montignac.

I liked this mission too and i guess thats the only mission i realy liked in RH Campaign. :D

I also liked the mission called as Rage..I have it in my mission editor tho..

Myself i liked Cold War Crisis the best.I must say Resistance will be the second one and Red Hammer last.

I have never downloaded extra campaigns from NET and i guess i am not going to do it anyway.

Edited by LoLL

I enjoyed fighting the militia in the first couple of levels; that was good fun, picking targets and trying not to waste ammo.

Red Hammer is a great campaign but I think it's more difficult than Cold War Crisis or Resistance...

I liked all three campaigns. It is a great game. I am a huge fan of realism in the games I play and OFP does this well.

But in contrast to the other posters here I found Red Hammer the easiest of all three. One of my favoruite mission is "Rage" (I think that is the title). I do love to move stealthiely, to kill silently and to plant loads of satchel charges and then watch in safe distance how the whole camp blows up in one huge explosion. :)

In contrast to others I think the story line in RH is not that bad or unrealistic or at least more so than the other two campaigns. Especially the development of Lukin. He is a loyal Soviet comrade. He does not want to shoot civilians which would be against official soviet doctrin, too. When he meets an old friend who was with the Soviet military and changed sides because Guba is not following orders from Moscow it is only natural that he changed sides, too. Moscow will not be pleased about what Guba did, since this could have sparked a world war. There was a reason why there were no direct military conflicts between the USSR and the USA. So any direct conflict could only be rogue forces engaging or like in resistance "supporting" a third party.

Kind regards,

G.

PS: Please excuse any writing mistakes I make. English is not my native language.

Agree with DerGreif - RH is one of my favorites, once i finished CWC i was eager to play as russian and kill some yankees /no offense here/. Great Campaigns, all of them, great game.

But remember CWC provide great story.for me CWC is great game,not RH or Resistance.i like modification but...

I like all Campaigns.

Red Hammer was the hardest and second hardest for me was Resistance.

Cold war Crisis is my favorite. :yay:

Red hammer is not good for me,not propely maked by maker.

Yeah, it was made by Codemasters not BIS.