Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Red Hammer campaign

I liked all three campaigns. It is a great game. I am a huge fan of realism in the games I play and OFP does this well.

But in contrast to the other posters here I found Red Hammer the easiest of all three. One of my favoruite mission is "Rage" (I think that is the title). I do love to move stealthiely, to kill silently and to plant loads of satchel charges and then watch in safe distance how the whole camp blows up in one huge explosion.

In contrast to others I think the story line in RH is not that bad or unrealistic or at least more so than the other two campaigns. Especially the development of Lukin. He is a loyal Soviet comrade. He does not want to shoot civilians which would be against official soviet doctrin, too. When he meets an old friend who was with the Soviet military and changed sides because Guba is not following orders from Moscow it is only natural that he changed sides, too. Moscow will not be pleased about what Guba did, since this could have sparked a world war. There was a reason why there were no direct military conflicts between the USSR and the USA. So any direct conflict could only be rogue forces engaging or like in resistance "supporting" a third party.

Kind regards,
    G.

PS: Please excuse any writing mistakes I make. English is not my native language.

Agree with DerGreif - RH is one of my favorites, once i finished CWC i was eager to play as russian and kill some yankees /no offense here/. Great Campaigns, all of them, great game.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

But remember CWC provide great story.for me CWC is great game,not RH or Resistance.i like modification but...

Red hammer is not good for me,not propely maked by maker.
    "work is worship"

Wink

I like all Campaigns.

Red Hammer was the hardest and second hardest for me was Resistance.
    Cold war Crisis is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Red hammer is not good for me,not propely maked by maker.
    Yeah, it was made by Codemasters not BIS.
    MY AWESOME PC: Intel 8088 @ 4.77MHz | 128KB DRAM | MC6845 4KB Monochrome Graphics card | 10MB Seagate ST-412 Hard Drive | 83-key Model F keyboard | 14" IBM 5151 green-phosphor Monitor | PC-DOS 2.0

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345