Sign in to follow this  
TokarevT33

Realistic Armor

I was wondering:

In OFP you could easily destroy any tank with some dozen grenades, even the hardest M1A2, and that was frag grenades, not even special AT grenade, which for me is completelly unaceptable, i mean its IMPOSSIBLE, it will never happen in real life, in real life doesn't matter if you shot 1 bullet or 1 milion bullets in a tank it will have absolutely no effect, hell...in FDF ww2 mod you could even kill any tank in the game with that Quad Maxim, which is a world war 1 machine gun lol

My point is, Realistic Armor setting! imo hitpoints system like in OFP is ancient stuff, and any Tank junkie like me will agree!

Does anyone know if ArmA will have something like this? if not, can we MOD it?

It's very hard to tell, but in lack of real info and judging by the screenshots it appears to be like OFP. Game2 on otherhand has a much more sophisticated damage and material penetration system. They might have added that to ArmA also but in that case they are hiding it pretty well.

Things could probably change quite dramatically if they decide to make ArmA THE true sequal. It's already quite close to that so the step wouldn't be big.

Things could probably change quite dramatically if they decide to make ArmA THE true sequal. It's already quite close to that so the step wouldn't be big.

notworthy.gif Oh please Oh please Oh please thumbs-up.gif

wether its Arma or Game 2, I cant wait for that dynamic damage inlove.gif

omg. bis don't have the time

omg. bis don't have the resources

omg. bis isn't doing it for a reason!

omg. it will affect the original campigns too much

omg. insert other shitty reason here

on a more serious note, prepare to get flamed for asking for something.

I second what llaumax wrote btw.

Flamed? WTF are you talking about? huh.gif

I think he's refering to your thread subject. As it isn't the first time this has been brought up. By looking the the recent sceenshots the damage system will be exaxtly like OFP.

Uh..sorry crazy_o.gif

you know this board have some much content it's almost impossible to find something without spend the whole day searching for it

But you forgot my original message: Is it possible to mod something like that? without having to mess with the source code of course which is an illegal thing...

Uh..sorry crazy_o.gif

you know this board have some much content it's almost impossible to find something without spend the whole day searching for it

But you forgot my original message: Is it possible to mod something  like that? without having to mess with the source code of course which is an illegal thing...

At the current point I dont think that it will be possible.

Uh..sorry crazy_o.gif

Actually it takes less than 1 minute.

Search for "damage OR armor OR armour", AA forum only, from the beginning, title search, see what you find.

Well, OFP hitpoints system is the best one in the markets isn't it? In Battlefield series for example, you can't lose hp from turret, tracks, and the body itself, just a damage model that looses hp different way from front and rear.

And sorry for my english..