Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Porting PC mission to the XBOX

Hybrid View

For some time now I have been exploring ways to bring your PC missions to the XBOX. Atlast I am pleased to be able to bring you these tools and process to make it happen. I'm at the point now where I can't test everything, others will need to test these proccess and improve in areas where I am unable to contribute. I hope you have as much fun as I have playing my pc missions!

OFP:Elite Tools
    ChangeUser.exe - is a dos tool that allows you to change the profile name of the OFP:Elite xbox save. This is useful if you don't want to create the ARmissions profile to play your newly downloaded xbox save.

Updated version see below

Makemission.exe - This tool will create most of the parts of the OPF:Elite save file. You will still need to plunk your mymission.pbo inside the directory along with saveimage.xbx. (saveimage.xbx is located in the makemission zip file)

Updated version see below

Preparing your PC Mission
    Before you begin read over some of the considerations.
    Considerations for Porting missions to OFP:E

Porting your Mission

A tutorial on porting your mission over.

Tutorial On Porting PC missions to OFP:E

The xboxhelper addon. Since OFPEC is down at the moment.
    Xbox Helper Addon for the PC

Or you can get the whole package here.

All the tools in one zip
    Example Mission (User profile is ARmissions)

Example Mission - TheBeach

Many thanks to MikeRo who never gave up helping me, even though he doesn't even own an Xbox. Thanks to many of the people at OFPEC and the people who tested the initial missions that never worked.

I forgot to mention you don't need a modified xbox. Hopefully once OFPEC is back up they will begin accepting xbox missions.

Edit Added Updated tools.

MissionMaker has been updated to allow for spaces in the profile name. It will also now generate a SP mission, where as the old version would not.
    MakeMission <Filename[.pbo]> Profilename MissionType
    Example syntax
    MakeMission TheBeach.Eden Hoz M

MakeMission V1.3

Changeuser has also been updated for the space in the profilename. Thanks to maxqubit for having a space in your name.
    ChangeUserV1.23

Derapify Updated and now you can export any OFP:Elite mission and edit in the PC editor. This should make it easier to develop templates from the BIS ones.
    Derapify v1.7

Editing/Modding/Scripting question? Head on over to OFPEC

Appreciating the work done. Although i don&#39;t think i personally will dive into this. I have only one life and there are only 24 hours in 1 day

One question from me. Is it possible (or do you think it will be possible in the future) to export a true xbox mission to the pc, run it thru the pc-editor (and modify things which are not possible in the xbox mission editor) and transfer it back to the xbox?
    New music clip Max Qubit - Stars | OFP:Elite's Battle at Le Port 60.000+ views, 9/10 rating (mission editor) | Soundclick

Retired Moderator
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]One question from me. Is it possible (or do you think it will be possible in the future) to export a true xbox mission to the pc, run it thru the pc-editor (and modify things which are not possible in the xbox mission editor) and transfer it back to the xbox?
    There is a tool that will derapify the ofp:e. Its called derapify.

This tool lets you derap the xbox mission. however at this time there is no way to rerap it back up again. In fact the derap will fail occasionally, its not perfect just yet. It was available at OFPEC I&#39;ll see if I can find it here. I too have wanted to edit those MP templates and try to add a couple more AI planes to the dog fight mission or helos. In fact this is where this whole process shines in converting the PC missions to the xbox. IF you create some different templates you can easily then just edit the template within the xbox editor.

Edit:
    See first post for Derapify.

Wait, wait, wait ...

Do i understand correctly that it is/could-now-be possible to create a kind of template on PC, transfer it to Xbox and then modify it further on Xbox?

E.g. i want a MP/CO-OP &#39;Target&#39; template, where the mission ends when eliminating the target. Is the idea to create this template on pc, transfer it to xbox and then actually make/fill-in the mission on Xbox?

If yes, that would be great&#33;

Retired Moderator
    Author of the Thread
    That is a possibility yes.

Thanks for all the work on this hoz - great things to come I suppose. Alas my PC is not fast enuff for OPF, so I hope to get the new templates for further use in the Xbox editor. What would be great is having the Resistance as either on the Russian or the Nato side, more open MP templates etc..

Do I understand it right, that we can also expect one day to transfer the mods (e.g. WWII) of the PC version over to the box? That would be awesome&#33;

Several missions for Xbox available on our site&#33; Go to:
    http://www.homefrontcenter.de/English/Flashpoint1_e.html

Retired Moderator
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Do I understand it right, that we can also expect one day to transfer the mods (e.g. WWII) of the PC version over to the box? That would be awesome&#33;
    While it maybe possible to add addons and mods i would not expect much in this area. I have not played at all with this my main interest has been to play my missions I created on the PC on my xbox.

Hoz,

To get things going for me:

My idea is to have/create on PC a MP/COOP &#39;Target&#39; template, which i transfer to Xbox and then edit with the Xbox/OFPE Mission Editor.

My question:

Is there out there a very basic MP/COOP &#39;Target&#39; template for OFP with which i can start (so i don&#39;t have to invent the wheel again).

Perhaps it is already in OFP, or else perhaps it exists as a download somewhere

Tia

Retired Moderator
    Author of the Thread
    I don&#39;t have an template to work from no. But I&#39;ll see if i can come up with one. The PC OFP has many templates might want to try one of these. I have done some searches for Templates but what I found was they weren&#39;t very popular on the PC. Theres a tool called OFP Template maker, which I&#39;ve been trying to locate to see if it would work.

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast