Sign in to follow this  
SengirVampireWW2EC

WWIIEC releases a SP missionpack for LIB41

Hello people

Looking for WWII missions using Liberation1941-1945 MOD addons ? wink_o.gif

There is a LIB41_SPmissionpack with 10 nice missions released and waiting for you at WWIIEC webpages. 8 missions are made by WWIIEC, 2 missions were nice enough so I decided to include them in the pack.

Visit our webpage for details and download links, please.

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/news.php

Have fun ! welcome.gif

Excellent news, im supprised i've not seen any missions sooner?!? or perhaps i'm looking in the wrong areas? Anyway, this is the excuse I need to fire up Lib41-45 again.

Im presuming that I just put the addons in the @Lib mod folder.

Cheers!

Sounds great! If you need another mirror to link, you can link to OFP.4P.

I have already posted it in your comments, but there was a really strange mistake. I'm sorry about that! confused_o.gif

Now my download of the Liberation Mod has finished, can't wait much more... wink_o.gif

But before I join the battle, here ist a link that should work smile_o.gif

With best regards, M-E

Great i see my missions in there, im going to give these others a go thumbs-up.gif

Appologies in advance for the vagueness (im at work and OFP is on my home computer).

Two of the missions require an island that is not one of the originals, nor is one supplied in the Lib Mod. The mission pbo's list it as .suri or .sari or something (I wrote it down but left it at home) All I know is that one of the read-me's list it as being 3Mb in size. I've searched and found a couple of may-be's but will someone please supply a definite link?

Cheers!

ps, enjoyed the other missions tried so far - its great fun.

Edit: Found it...

Linky

ps, there seems to be an updated version of this island. I'll see if it works...

Excellent missions! It's been a while since I've had so much fun with OFP. To me, these are the best WWII missions out there, and I've had the chance to play quite a few...

I especially liked Mud and Blood. What atmosphere! There you are, cowering behind a fortification, your clothes soaked through... You can barely see beyond 50 m, the mist is so dense. It's awfully quiet, only the singing of a few lonely birds breaks the silence... Suddenly, the high-pitched shriek of a whistle cuts through the fog, followed by a blood-curling battlecry.

"Sie sind hier!"

Great stuff. biggrin_o.gif The final stand-off with the MG-34 was great as well. At one point I genuinly panicked and ran off into the woods. I was the only one to reach the rear outpost...

One question to SengirVampire: did you purposefully turn off the squad radio messages? I am asking because the first time I played the mission, the radio was disabled, but the second time around everything was back to 'normal'. I quite liked the lack of radio communication. Your teammate's shouting is a much more atmospheric way of giving orders wink_o.gif

The other mission I also enjoyed very much was Steel Tigers, incidentally also made by SengirVampire. The conversations between the crewmembers were outstanding, very immersive. They helped me forget that I was actually on Kolgujev. In this mission, the tank hit location system introduced by the Lib Mod really shone. "Dear lord, our driver is dead, our tracks are in pieces, and a KV-1 is advancing towards us! FEUER! We can't pierce it's armour!" The only thing that was missing was a burning script. Burning crewmembers trying to bail out would really have made my day tounge2.gif

In conclusion, great stuff, but... there is a but. The description of the mission pack claims that all you need is the Lib Mod and the editor update. As ade_mcc has already mentioned, some missions require the Saruago island. I've tried the link he posted, but even though the island shows nicely in the briefing, me and my squad begin the mission in the sea. As fun as simultaneous screams of agony may be, the mission remains unplayable... In addition, I get some weird mission addons messages when I try some of the other missions. For example, Fox Hunt claims it's missing an addon called "prim". Rodina is missing "BB_MilitaryObjects". Rescue is missing "storch". I am really at a loss here: the (correct) editorupdate is in the correct addons folder, I've removed a different version of the editorupdate from res/addons to prevent conflicts... and still no go. Any help?

Regards,

Xawery

Hello

Nice for the nice replies, its good to see people have fun with our missions thumbs-up.gif

Some people complained about the missiong addons, well the thing is, that each mission has its own readme, and some of the missions require 1 or 2 small additional addons to run. The links for these addons are provided in the readmes. Maybe you have overlooked the html readmes in the pack.

Also, the pack has been released and the ofp.info went down immediatelly (what a pity, heh), and so the links in the readmes may not be working anymore. Here is the updated list:

BB military objects:

ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/bbmilitaryobjects.zip

Sarugao Island

ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/islands/Schusch_Sarugao.zip

(there is a new version of this island too, but its not much WWII anymore and uses additional addons, so use this good old one please)

Russia Beta island

ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd...._tm.zip

Storch plane by Trenchfeet

ftp://www.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/Fi-156_Storch_ver1.zip

The prim addon can cause problems on GOTY versions of the game, not sure why, I dont have this problem. huh.gif

Prim addon:

http://www.sengir-upload.wz.cz/addons/prim.rar

Have Fun !

EDIT:

Yeah, i have turned the radio off in Mud and Blood, by EnableRadio false in the init.sqs file. Do you really have the radio up when you replay the mission ? wow_o.gif

I agree i often disable the radio as it can become a right pain in the arse with the regular ofp radio sounds going off, i only realy leave it in if you are playing as a commander where it is fairly important. Otherwise its a serious atmosphere stopper. smile_o.gif

Well done guys, a very atmospheric set of missions. Its a shame there aren't more Lib41-45 missions out there, the locational damage system makes tank warfare much more tactical and tense.

Wow! i just tried a few of these missions and the atmosphere and ambience was outstanding!, Mud and Blood is my favourite thus far hearing those distant shouts and then screams as bullets are flying around really added to a immersive experiance!

as Xawery said, these are most definately the best WW2 missons yet!.

Steel tigers was just amazing, those radiovoices were ace! Too bad that the in-game orders weren't disabled. So far Mud&Blood and Steel Tigers are my definate favourites, the ambiance was great in both missions.

In Mud&Blood the ruskies were all over me, and I did indeed panic at one time and ran away from my squad carrying just three bullets in my K98. Then proceeding to get shot up by a HMG tounge2.gif