Sign in to follow this  
bn880

Addon Serial Database

i think its a great idea, this way everyone will have the same addons for the missions they are playing. i dont think its fair for people to play multiplayer on a server and have a modified addon that no-one else has on the server.

aslo it would halp to stomp cheaters, since the files used have to match the hash check. so any files that are changed to give a player an advantage wouldnt work.

i wonder why BIS hasnt commented on this project. it's the most promissing thing i have read in a while for OFP.

aslo having this work for ArmA and later Game2 would be great!

and this wouldnt stom people from playing with modified addons, they would only be able to use them in singleplay which is the way it should be.

if someone changes an addon so that every solder they see on the field is just blank white or another color to make it easier to spot them in MP games, this system would put an end to that. aslo modified weapons wouldnt work.. this is soo good, not only will it make it easier for everyone to play MP games with out having to worry about missing addon, it also make's it that much harder for players to cheat with modified files!!!

i'd call this system a central addon database/anti-cheat.