Sign in to follow this  
ParkingCart

How do You Set Viewing Distances

I was jus wondering if anyone can tell me how to set viewing distances for units..... if anyone knows please post how to....Thanx biggrin.gif

this setview distance "1000"

i think not quit sure though someone comfirm this

You cannot set a viewing distance for one specific unit...only for the mission as a whole. It's done by placing this command in a trigger set to True:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setviewdistance 1000<span id='postcolor'>

1000 is the distance in meters....change it to whatever you want smile.gif

The viewing distance can only be between 10 and 5,000.

What happens if make a mp mission and give each playable character their own setviewdistance command?

Or the same command, but dynamically altered based upon benchmark?

Each computer will have its own viewDistance (as far as I remember), setViewDistance set the view distance of the local computer. In MP, you should base your viewDistance on the lowest benchmark result for fair, unless you build a cooperative mission.

Whis'

If im building a Coop mission and put the setviewdistance up will it only affect the playing parts or also the ai part (the enemy biggrin.gif )??

Only players, not the AI. SetViewDistance only affects visual deepness of the player, not the AI quality, which has a default viewing value (if I remember well, AI can't see above 600 meters, and can't shoot with "normal" rifles above 300m)

If you use something like this in the >>>INIT.SQS<<< :

?(benchmark < 1400):setviewdistance 1200

?(benchmark <= 1500):setviewdistance 1400

?(benchmark > 1500):setviewdistance 1600

(the values are not tested, I just make an example)

Then each system in MP will be tested according to its benchmark and the viewdistance will be set accordingly.

so the more powerfull cumputer you got the faster you ll caugh the ennemy player and shoot it down :]