Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Napoleonic Wars Mod 1.0 released

prev13xe.jpg

UNITS :

Lots of early Napoleonic units, of the 1805/1806 era (Austerlitz campaign, and Iena campaign)

with line infantry, light infantry, Guard, artillery, cavalry, staff officers ;

- East side : France, Wurtemberg, Bavaria ;

- West side : Prussia, Russia, Austria ;

- Guerrilla side : Saxony (First prussian ally then french ally)

A few winter troops to feature the 1812 Russian retreat :

- East side : France, Poland ;

- West side : Russia ;

prev23wl.jpg

FEATURES :

- stand alone mod config, anims etc. (re using CWmod stuff, with a new binocular) ;

- 5 lod units and decreasing texture size to avoid lag ;

- working hammer on muskets ;

- blood textures ;

- specific hit screams (French, Russian, German) ;

- new horse with specific saddle ;

- cavalry sword/spear attack (see below) ;

- cavalry men stance changing with horse's speed ;

- 4 crew artillery canons, using shells or grapeshot ;

- accurate ranks for NCO's ;

- officers, generals and staff officers ;

- all units have NON SCRIPTED close combat attack (bayonet, sword, spear, ax, fork, fist etc.), and

are configwise "setunitpos up" (because strokegun only works in OFP when units are UP) ;

- new smoke system, less beautifull but less laggy ;

- new in game Napoleonic icons ;

- new editor weapon's pictures ;

- groups for every kinds of units ;

- units are "script free", only musicians, flagbearers, canons and mounted cavalry units are using scripts ;

- supply wagon for horses (cause horses are vehicles and need fuel...hay i mean...) ;

- reworked reload anim ;

prev49fy.jpg

Great thanks to CWmod, Spad, Gavin, Tsalagikola and every one that supports old fashion mod. inlove.gif

Temporary download link (waiting for mirrors) : 58,7 Mo :

Download at rapidshare.de

YEAH! Dang, didn't manage to be the first though.

But 'ey, if they are 'setunitpos "UP"' doesn't that mean no safe/careless behaviour?

@ Dynamite_cow : yes, but you can easily switch to normal pos with a trigger covering all units you want (activated by anybody), with on activation field : {_x setunitpos "AUTO"} foreach thislist

I chose to set units "up" to make it easier to use close combat ability, with no script.

It's amazing! Thanks ProfTournesol. yay.gif

P.S. Where can I find Emsallö winter island? smile_o.gif

can someone who can download this upload it somehwere? i want to download this but rapidshare wont let me (as per usual)

aparently im already downloading somthing from them when im not. this just seems like another one of there scams to make me pay for a premium account. and the more i see there website the less i want to buy a premium account

Some questions:

1. Is the old napoleonic pack in this pack too?

2. Is there new missions?

Right ive downloaded the mod and heres my thoughts wink_o.gif

First off, there is no denying it is a significant improvement over the first release of the Napoleonic Mod.

The addition of lods was and is always vital, i havent had a chance to check em out, but thank god u've added them.

I haven't really encountered much success so far using the new 'auto close combat script' from this or cwmod, (as have many) who reverted back to the old bayonet script. (this was never even remotely as laggy an issue as their old lods were for units anyway) But we have devised a script in the event handler (meaning no typing) which by some simple alteration uses a fraction of the cpu's resources. (we can talk on that sometime.)

The death animations are a bit funny, how a unit will die and 'appear' in a new corpse position.

Anyway prof I know ur doing this mod almost on ur own now, and its not easy, so well done its a significant improvement over the last, but still wink_o.gif a wee bit to go yet.

@ Popka, hidden_spectre : i'm waiting for new hosting too...

@ Laahustaja : no, old Napoleonic packs aren't included and cannot work with this new mod because they were linked to Cwmod weapons, config and textures...But i'm planning to create 1814-1815 units (already in the "pipe", with French units dressed in 1812 pattern, with and without coats, French National guard - countrymen who fought very bravely - , prussians in new uniforms etc..), no missions are included, but i hope someone will create some, and maybe maps ?

@ Gavin :thank you for your support (and other things...), have you tried close combat with guys who have spears, sword etc ? Bayonet does work well, but of course units prefer to shoot whenever they can, if they aren't close to their target. About death anims, yes they are quite strange but i hadn't time to make transitions and i was fed up with OFP ones.

@ kala : thank you

are there any british soldiers in this yet? im guessing not ):

@ editing man : thank you for hosting yay.gif

@ popka : no British soldiers, cause i did concentrate on 1805 uniforms (British was involved mainly on the see, Trafalgar etc. at that time). But the next pack will focus on 1814-1815, and should include British soldiers.

ahh right i see thanks for the information smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the mirror, rapidshare says my IP is already downloading this file.

i also get this problem sad_o.gif, nothing fast about it tall sad_o.gif

brilliant guys....really enjoyable...it feels really good moving closer to the enemy then todays modern combat tounge2.gif

the drums, the chants,the sreams....really impressive....gr8 job guys

no lag at all, the mod rox...... notworthy.gif

@ tankieboy, hidden_spectre : thanks very much guys, your support is my reward... biggrin_o.gif

excellent work, amazing work i'd like to see our old napoleonic unit in this new system variant, ProfT i am so sorry to can't help you (i am too busy but as you know you can do what you want with my old unit) you made a so great work.

Working with/for spad, I haven't yet look at each individual unit, but I found the few things I tested wonderful. I found tremendous the hussard having a rifle in hand to shoot and a sword appearing when selecting hand to hand combat inlove.gif

I have to study your work in order to implement a h2h combat system as good as yours.

However I also see the cannons crewmen leaving their guns after the first shot, trying unsuccesfully to get in therafter huh.gif

@ tankieboy : yes, 1812-1815 units are planned for the next release, and cavalrymen too...and of course lancers..which didn't exist in 1805.

@ spqr : yes, vehicle without driver tends to make men disembark after one of the crew (even cargo) is killed...i tried to make the canon a moving vehicle (ie with driver) pushed by men, it works quite well but it creates strange lag (don't understand why mad_o.gif ) so i decided to release a "normal" canon... the best way to prevent units from disembarking is to "moveincargo" and "moveingunner" them in the canon.