el Gringo Loco

Military Humor

That is Photoshopped right? crazy_o.gif

Nope wink_o.gif

<s>Its the USS Midway Carrier-Based museum. They must have recently stationed the carrier in San-Diego, since it doesnt appear on google maps. Looks like a damn good museum tho. biggrin_o.gif

[Edit] The carrier was moved into San-Diego in 2004, so google's satellite imagery must be older than that. [/Edit]</s>

nvm, see below

That is Photoshopped right? crazy_o.gif

Nope - I remember seeing that when I was in New York about 9 years ago....A MiG-21 on an American carrier next to an SR-71....who'da thunk it?

Yeah just what I thought. USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space museum, harboured at Manhattan.

Google maps link.

Featured in the movie National Treasure btw. I remember a meeting/chase scene from that movie, that happened aboard an aircraft carrier. whistle.gif

Nice. Never could have guessed it was a museum biggrin_o.gif .

Still amazing how they got all those big aircrafts on the deck. Crane ? but they are still so close to each other they might clip each other if the winds gets high or wherever it stands the water gets rough. They must be tied down pretty hard.

wherever it stands the water gets rough. They must be tied down pretty hard.

Yeah... really rough water in the Hudson river... icon_rolleyes.gif

wherever it stands the water gets rough. They must be tied down pretty hard.

Yeah... really rough water in the Hudson river... icon_rolleyes.gif

I didnt know it was tied to in a river. I was thinking more of a protected harbour or bay. And when the sea gets rough things around the edges no matter how well protected get shaken.

But if its really inland in a river then its probably safe.

Nice one, Lee_H._Oswald.  rofl.gif

I was going to do a shopped image of Tokyo, but you have no idea how hard it is to find a picture of Godzilla from above.

Seems Carrier-based museums are getting popluar, thats at least 2 in the US, and a "third" in the UK (its not a real carrier, but they have the entire "island" from HMS Ark-Royal IV mocked up) at Yeovilton.

While we're on the subject of carriers

Budget cuts hit the USN hard, downsizing taken to new extremes:

111111aaaamar05539.jpg_thumb.jpg

High Res

111111aaafeb0614.jpg_thumb.jpg

High Res

Full Gallery

[Edit] They seem to have switched the gallery into moderation mode, so here's a link to a slightly older version: link [/Edit]

P.S. Sorry if its a re-post, wasnt sure if it's been on here tho wink_o.gif

I loved lego as a kid, and always wanted to make something huge like that, i just never had the guts to destroy my lego city for parts biggrin_o.gif

Wow that is crazy. I never had enough bricks of the same color to make anything that big but I did manage to make an A-10 and a F-117 one time.

Budget cuts hit the USN hard, downsizing taken to new extreemes

For a second there I thought I was looking at a screenshot of the original Jetfighter:

JF1_splash.gif

Good game for it's time, had my first carrier landing in that.

rofl.gif Face down, ass up.. Wouldn't be caught dead in that position. biggrin_o.gif

Judging by the look on the quadrapod's face, I'd say it's anything but effective. The more uncomfortable he is, the more he's going to move, shake etc. and that can't be good for accuracy.

Nothing some portable stand or bi pod couldnt do. Ive never been sniper though so I dont know what would work better in real life.

Nothing some portable stand or bi pod couldnt do. Ive never been sniper though so I dont know what would work better in real life.

well, bipod on soft ground is the most stable option. but if I HAD to choose a way to use another soldier as support I'd do it sitting legs crossed with the rifle over the other guys shoulder.

Guest Ti0n3r

OFP goes WW2 goodnight.gif

tanker9wd.jpg

OFP goes WW2 goodnight.gif

Tioner: Haha, nice.

The portion of the legs that are serving as support are very thick and stable. You don't have to watch for his breathing pattern like you would having your rifle over the shoulder (diaphragm and chest relax and contracts). He probably has that face from sticking his butt up in the air and his face dug into the other guys crotch.

Edit:If I had a choice, i'd choose a better alternative.