Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Burn

Nature Pack and Island Pack.........

I have FFUR's Island Pack (Hign Def) and Nature Pack#3 Nordic. Which one should I use to get a better experience of game ?

depends on what you want to experience, ffur islands are good for using them to play the campaign or single missions on these islands again, nordic islands instead has the up-to-date plants and stuff, but no mission till now

To have the nordic tress together with the latest WGL replacement textures you just got to de´pbo the Nordi Islands .pbo by Berghoff

then copy the "brg_en_/-abel/-eden/-cain.wrp´s (located in the .pbo) to your ofp worlds folder and rename them to the respective originals.

*hint* Don´t forget to make backups first.

Piece of cake wink_o.gif

btw: I´m not that guy from the first post icon_rolleyes.gif

Puzzeled me at first...i must admit. Mr.Burns asking stuff like that wow_o.gif ....have to learn reading PROPERLY whistle.gif

But here's one from me...which one is better regarding CPU usage huh.gif

i don't believe you nener.gif

To have the nordic tress together with the latest WGL replacement textures you just got to de´pbo the Nordi Islands .pbo by Berghoff

then copy the "brg_en_/-abel/-eden/-cain.wrp´s (located in the .pbo) to your ofp worlds folder and rename them to the respective originals.

*hint* Don´t forget to make backups first.

Piece of cake  wink_o.gif

btw: I´m not that guy from the first post  icon_rolleyes.gif

How to de´pbo a pbo file?  huh.gif

Thanks for that LennyD! I've actually already got Berghoffs Nordic islands working with WGL's textures. But what I and a few others are trying to do is to have Berghoffs Nordic islands with WGLs replacement textures as direct replacements for the BIS islands so that the original missions/campaigns can be played with them.  wink_o.gif

It seems no one has yet done this yet although i'm sure it could be done! Or maybe I missread Mr Burns post? xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But what I and a few others are trying to do is to have Berghoffs Nordic islands with WGLs replacement textures as direct replacements for the BIS islands so that the original missions/campaigns can be played with them.

wouldnt that require new .wrp files with the right model names and so on ? but if you do get this to work please tell me i would love those trees to replace the BIS ones

It seems no one has yet done this yet although i'm sure it could be done! Or maybe I missread Mr Burns post? xmas_o.gif

Seems you misread me, but my choppy english could be the reaon aswell..

The process i wrote down in my post would make the nordic islands a replacement for the ones by BIS.

It ain´t hard to get it working, my advise would be to try what you can do, if everything goes wrong you can still come back here and ask for help.

If enough people are interested i may be asking Q and Berghoff if they´d allow a standalone replacement addon to be released.

But it´d be a bigger headache to write a proper readme for "my" replacement than getting you guys to try for yourselves tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]wouldnt that require new .wrp files with the right model names and so on ?
Hence that fact you shall rename the .wrp´s found in BRG_EN.pbo.

Nothin else required.

Seems you misread me, but my choppy english could be the reaon aswell..

More like my choppy understanding of computers!  wink_o.gif

Modifying wrp and pbo files is not something that I have ventured as far as yet. Relacing files ...eah no problems!

In the absence of detailed instructions I think I'll just wait around a while n'see if someone else comes up with an easyer replacement option!  whistle.gif

Thanks anyhow!  xmas_o.gif

If enough people are interested i may be asking Q and Berghoff if they´d allow a standalone replacement addon to be released.

But it´d be a bigger headache to write a proper readme for "my" replacement than getting you guys to try for yourselves tounge2.gif

We all appreciate your efforts in preparing those new replacemant packs! - They look brilliant!  notworthy.gif