Sign in to follow this  
TrevorOfCrete

Making My man

hey

how do i make a guy either stand or kneel and stay like that so he wont lay down when shot at etc.. but also to shootback. cheers

Only standing:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NameOfTheUnit setunitpos "up"

Not moving:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NameOfTheUnit disableAI "move"

To get a unit to kneel type this into their init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setunitpos "up"; this setbehaviour "stealth"; this switchmove "crouch"

Not moving:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NameOfTheUnit disableAI "move"

when you posted "Not Moved" does that apply all game ? like if i placed a waypoint to join will it move when i command it to? or will he have move disable all map?

Quote[/b] ]when you posted "Not Moved" does that apply all game ?

Yes, the unit will not be able to move on their own for the rest of the game. Although I have not tried it, it is possible to setpos the unit elsewhere during the game. If you do use this command, you could use the enableAI funtion to allow the unit to move again (or you can enable units AI just by saving the game).

I usually use the  doStop command instead of disableAI. Although not quite as effective, it works well enough for me in the appropriate mission situation.

Wadmann