Sign in to follow this  
kurow

A good fast attack or desert patrol vehicle

Ive been searching high and low here and to no avail. So I am asking the people to help me. I am looking for a good up to date FAV or DPV. Ive waited a while hoping that some one would make one but instead I only see the same ol stuff but retextured or something like that. Ive done wide searches and could nof find it. I currently use one of the FAV's from the OFP Cz website but one of them dont work and the other one doesnt act like a FAV. So is there anyne who can help me. It would be greatly appreciated. banghead.gif

I already have the Marine HTTV and the military buggy isnt what I need. Very close but not. I tried using both tales of war and frandsen vehicle. but none worked. I wanted some just like this but updated

marfav.jpg

I was making a Chenowith FAV last year but I had hardware problem and lost the models wink_o.gif

i am currently working on a desert patrol vehicle (buggy) but cant say when it will be finished yet

As I wrote in other topic I read (still, I am slow reader :P ) "Not good day to die". It is about Operation Anaconda. There is one situation when SF team used Delta's and ODA's ATVs.

Two things about it:

1) Most of ATVs were driven by one person, only one has two persons onboard.

2) Delta's ATVs "had been extensivly - and expensivly - modified with reinforced axles and suspensions, plus special mufflers that silenced their exhaust."

They drove through village and no one spotted them or heard then (at least they did not know anything about it).

So basically, the only thing that is available at the moment is the things that you guys mentioned?

If so I need something a little more up to date:

1.Occupied by three men.

2.Different variations like, mounted 60 cal in the back passenger seat, or mounted 60 cal in the back passenger seat and a SAW in the front passenger seat, up-to-date Rocket propelled capable weapons.

3.Differnt colors: Black, Desert, Green etc.

4.Use that same quiet engine technology that you were just talking about. That would be cool.

That is just something that I want for a mission that Im trying to make. And with the things that are already available Im limited. If these things are not available then I will have to deal with it.

Something that looks like this would be awesome.th_dpv_lsvbugg.jpg

kind of this myone i looking i will post some pictures soon , but ist not finished yet.

Edit : here two pictures of the current status of them

DPV1.jpg

DPV2.jpg

Thats pretty cool. If you can make it have all that good stuff that I just mentioned then it would be awesome.

I tried out that little buggy thing. In my personal opinoin, it would have been nice if it was bigger and a person could ride in the back, the same way its done in real life.

Anyway, hey thats cool.

Yeah I have that as well, I usually go with the HMMWV. But I need a desert vehicle that is like the ones used to destroy the scuds in baghdad.

thanks for the input though.

Well, P: UKF mod's Land Rovers have somewhat heavily armed (.50 cal on top (working) and GPMG (M240) on the front seat) Land Rovers, no way buggies but desert patrol vehicles, yeah.

Link.

Something like this:

th.ba28e5bed1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Sadly, this never was released by BAS.  The version I have was a beta that still needed tweaking, LOD fixes, and I'm sure plenty of other geekery and nerdom.

Well, P: UKF mod's Land Rovers have somewhat heavily armed (.50 cal on top (working) and GPMG (M240) on the front seat) Land Rovers, no way buggies but desert patrol vehicles, yeah.

Link.

An update is coming along nice.

Something like this:

th.ba28e5bed1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Sadly, this never was released by BAS.  The version I have was a beta that still needed tweaking, LOD fixes, and I'm sure plenty of other geekery and nerdom.

that looks damn good i hope it see's the light of day when its finished or the bugs are gone. notworthy.gif

Just to make things clear, it's not mine, it was a BAS addon that never was released. I believe Tigershark was the actual maker, but I'm sure I'm forgetting others who helped w/ it.

Aw, s***. That looked awesome. Can you send me the link. Or show it to somebody who can fix it? That looks great. Give it to the one guy who is working on the same thing and let him fix it. Or is there a reason that it cant be done?

I would love to have that in my arsenal...... sad_o.gif

Just to make things clear, it's not mine, it was a BAS addon that never was released. I believe Tigershark was the actual maker, but I'm sure I'm forgetting others who helped w/ it.

Not the only damn thing that wasn't released. I had the addon too, along with the seals, and I regret deleting them.

dpv5.jpg

dpv2.jpg

Little chance to get it published, as BAS do not give a permission to rework their stuff sad_o.gif

but such a vehicle isnt that hard to make is it? It could even be done much better, because it looks nice but still those square wheels look awefull and other things could be done much better! thumbs-up.gif

Aw, s***. That looked awesome. Can you send me the link. Or show it to somebody who can fix it? That looks great. Give it to the one guy who is working on the same thing and let him fix it. Or is there a reason that it cant be done?

I would love to have that in my arsenal...... sad_o.gif

Um, no.  As Shinbusan said, it's BAS' property.  Just be happy TJ released the updated LBs, as they've been around for several years, and now they're public.

but such a vehicle isnt that hard to make is it? It could even be done much better, because it looks nice but still those square wheels look awefull and other things could be done much better! thumbs-up.gif

depends... if you want to make it accuratly its hard to find detailed drawings of the chernowth base vehicle (or that i could sorce that is) to show the suspension, chasis etc

if you want to make it square with wheels poking out the sides and a roll cage... sure it's pretty easy.

yeah I ment as BAS has made above, It doesnt look to complicated, offcourse then again Im a complete O2 noov, so I dont know how long time takes.

But I know that MAYBEE Oyman will make a version of the chenowith buggy! wow_o.gif MAAYYYBBEE!!