Sign in to follow this  
DragoFire

Question on Largest LAN/WAN game successfully play

Hi all,

I'm looking for details on what OFP:R and OFP2 have/will be able to support, I know there is a limit on number of odjects. But what is the largest number of players that has successfully played (on LAN and/or WAN) and what number will OFP2 support??

Reason for looking at these is to make decide wether to make mod using OFP or to use an purshased game engine. I personal like OFP engine, but not sure of what the netcode can handle.

More details will be added at a later date. smile_o.gif

looking forward to replies

DragoFire

well depending on the map (unit count, scripts, island etc), 12 on 12 (just broadband ppl) is very well playable on a good server. so its depends mainly what you like to do. enlighten us a bit more wink_o.gif

Does the "100men-mission" ring a bell to some? tounge2.gif

I remember we "played" it a few times on a server ( i can't remember the name of it...but was a great server in the "old" days). The purpose of the mission was nothing more then to take a screenshot of 100 online MP players, but unfortunalty we never got further then the first 15 sec (then every time...one or more noobs-a***s started TK'ing) and that after a waiting time of +-30min to get the needed players (+-100). It was on Desert island afair. Don't remember what the amount of lagg was, but it wasn't the purpose of a playable mission. But it was fun at the time to see that much players in one mission and to prove it is possible thumbs-up.gif .

I remember hearing somewhere 256 was the big, but not 100% sure. This was on a LAN.

I've been in a 32 vs 32 WAN game in OZ/NZ

DragoFire