Sign in to follow this  
lendrom

Operation Flashpoint in Polish game magazine

Im not sure if this belongs here but its the best place to post it i found on this forum.

Anyway as in topic's title: OFP in GOLD version will be added to new CD Action magazine. For Polish users it is important to say that AFAIK this will be updated Polish translation (original was full of bugs and missing original sounds). The price of magazine is about 15 zl (less than 5$ xmas_o.gif ). For non-Polish users interested in it i'll add that there should be a possibility to make an english version of it - just by replacing stringlables.csv file...

And BTW was there a full version of OFP (or OPF smile_o.gif ) added with any other magazine? I havent heard about it...

A full version on the CD? that doesnt sound very legal... Are you sure it wasnt a patch or a demo?

Yes it's full version and it's on DVD. And im prety sure it's legal. This magazine adds full legal versions every month. There were such a hits as Quake 2, Fallout Tactics, Unreal and many more and AFAIK they have never had any legal problems because they always have licencions from official publishers. Maybe Placebo knows something about it (although i think it was dealed with Polish publisher of OFP - Cenega games...)?

And one more thing. I noticed that it is a custom for some publishers to release old games for free (or very cheap with a games magazine) to promote a sequel which is near... (that was made for example with other Czech game - Hidden And Dangerous). So maybe it means that ArmA is near... inlove.gif

It's true, but this's verion is without resistance.

Then it's pretty useless. You must have resistance to be able to enjoy OFP.

Buying a single resistance CD is more expensive than buying GOTY, so they will end up buying CWC anyway.

Please don't hotlink images over 100kb smile_o.gif

ehm... 101kb icon_rolleyes.gif

if my 100.05 Kb image couln't pass their judgement yours certanly can't tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Yeah the rule is 102400 bytes. But anyway OFP would really suck now without Resistence, and addons of course, but without even resistence it would be a disaster. crazy_o.gif

Yeah the rule is 102400 bytes. But anyway OFP would really suck now without Resistence, and addons of course, but without even resistence it would be a disaster. crazy_o.gif

you can buy Resistance in online shop for 9PLN (its less than 3$wink_o.gif plus delivery costs

and i know many ppl that bought it this way

first they bought CDA paper

then got mad that all those incredible addons dont work

and bought Resistance :-)

price is hilarious, compared to ammount of fun you get :-)

heh, you know that anyway :-)

And I bought it to have 2 copies of OFP to be able to make LAN games on my two home PC's. It's nice and cheap ((about 8$ for OFP + Resistance) + All of FREE addons! ) solution.

Heh, I found out that the old CD - KEYs work for RESISTANCE, that legal or not?

If it is why not just use the CD KEY on the magazine and then use the CDs from your game for the 'LAN'.

Heh, I found out that the old CD - KEYs work for RESISTANCE, that legal or not?

If it is why not just use the CD KEY on the magazine and then use the CDs from your game for the 'LAN'.

yeah, a time ago I found out that I can use the cdkey of my orginal single ofp version with the GOTY version, the installation accepts it.

greetz

In Spain, all the game magazines give away a free game every issue and also a demo disc! Its quite good. One issue gave away Splinter Cell! Its not copied. They attach the game box to the magazine. It onli cost...2.99 euros.

Right now im in the UK and the mags cost 5 pounds and no free game...:(