Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

corrected CWC campaign to work in Res 1.96

I tried to play the CWC campaign again, but in OPF:Resistance 1.96, and i encountered lots of 'errors' which made the missions too difficult or impossible.

For example, in mission 06aRescue ("Save the village"), there is a team called "Black Bear" which is supposed to take out a T72 so you can attack the russians and free the villagers.

I tried this mission three times, because "Black Bear" didn't destroyed the T72 which then forced the resistance to retreat.

Then i unpacked the campaign PBO, and checked the mission source, and there i found the "Black Bear" squad had a "hold fire" flag on their waypoint - so, they got into position, called over radio that they see the tank, but that was all, no rocket has been fired.

Maybe it worked in old OPF:CWC, but not in Resistance 1.96

And there is more things like that, so my question is: Did anyone take the time to correct all those "bugs" ?

It would be nice if one can play this campaign again, but it annoys me so much to do the testing and debug so it's not fun anymore sad_o.gif

Strange.

It works fine for me. huh.gif

Try to use your binoculars and right click on the T72, so the player will spot it. Maybe that helps you.

revealing the T72 does not help - i am part of another squad, not the one which is supposed to take out the T72.

I have unpacked the campaign and the mission, and positioned myself near the "Black Bear" squad, then started the mission from the editor, and followed the "BB" squad to see what are they doing.

And they just came to the point where they were supposed to destroy the tank, but nobody was firing - so, as i wrote before, i checked their waypoint and found that "hold fire" flag and removed it, and now it works.

But even then i cannot finish this mission - i have killed all the russians who are arriving in the truck, then the BMP which came out of nowhere, and another russians descending form the hill, so there remained only my squad, the villagers, and a truck which the villagers boarded.

Then my commander orders me to board the truck (as a cargo only), and that's all - he and other team mates stays lying where they was and won't board the truck, so we cant get the villagers out of there and finish the mission.

...i am able to fix this too, but i don't want to fix every mission - that's very annoying and then those missions lost their 'magic' because i know what's in them and how it works, and that breaks the immersion for me so it's not fun anymore.

I too had this error, but my problem was BlackBear kept missing the tank by stupidly large amounts. I would havemy binoculars on the T72, blackbears message would come through, then a rocket would hit the ground some 50m away. The T72 would rush down the hill and whipe out my squad. sad_o.gif

I just used the endmission cheat though after 5 or 6 trys wink_o.gif

I always use the 'unlock campaign cheat' (in menuscreen --> shift+control+Minus on keypad, type campaign)to play the original campaigns with mods installed.

For example, you can't complete training in 1985 campaign because those damn ammo crates are filled with mags in the mission. You have no mag in your m16 and when you're using a config with jam weapons only, you can't reload and solve shooting range. crazy_o.gif

Works fine for me too,playing the old campaign again by using ecp.

But i know the prob too,and solved it by trying it more than 5 times.

cheating sucks - sorry pistols.gif "warmduscher und im Schattensteher" wink_o.gif

I'm playing my way through CWC and that mission worked fine for me. I've had one or two hiccoughs elsewhere but nothing that a few attempts or a more thoughtful approach didn't fix. Haven't had to resort to the Mission Editor yet.

Playing 1.96 with ECP and clean addons folder.

I'm playing it wit the same settings as macguba (1.96 and latest ECP) and was stuck for a week. Black Bear is unable to destroy the tank and the resistance was forced to retreat 17-18 times, before I found the solution.

If you don´t want to use the endmission cheat, wait until Black Bear is defeated (they will be eventually), grab the AT-rifle and take the tank out your self.

Try reducing visual range. It affects the AI's ability to see things at long range - especially important when tanks are involved, since the AI can shoot at things with impunity. This includes important vehicles, infantry, and it can probably lead to premature triggering of events.

If I remember right, visual range by default for the 1985 campaign is 900.

I noticed other issues on the campaign, mainly on the cutscenes. Those with Guba and Angelina, they are invisible. You can hear they talking and even the subtitles, but the characters are not showed on the mansion.

*** Possible Spoiler ***

Other cutscene with problems was that one where you are flying with the A-10 and are forced to eject due to fuel leaking. When you are captured by the russians, it should show all the dialog and some spetsnatz looking for you on the woods ahead, but the camera stops moving and only shows a russian soldier doing nothing.

*** Possible Spoiler ***

I had other minor issues as well. It would be good a patch or fix for the 1985 and red hammer campaigns to work well with 1.96

Regards...

yeah i have this problem sometimes . . nont always.

nut if i play a Mod that replacec units (like FFUR 2005) i have the same problem to, the black bear team dosent fire !! crazy_o.gif

my buddy's having this or a similar problem in CWC, and problems in Red Hammer as well. I don't know if its cause of ECP or simple incompatibility, but it ain't good.

The bug is from mods I believe.

-I had FFUR mod installed

-When I played the mission, Black Bear did not attack

-Well! I uninstalled the game and re-installed it WITHOUT any mods.

-Played the mission...hey the tank blew up.

This is probably because the realism mods limit range, sight and hearing of troops and other AI factors so probably Black Bear was not in range of the tank.

playing cwc campaign with version 1.46 or older there is no problem in campaign(even if you install resistance old version is still there)but not to forgot to play with another profile specific for cwc or else when you use resistance your profile become incompatible with 1.46(or below)in resistance there too many cutscene/gameplay problems causing odd situations.

btw;

i wonder why bis not noted this problems or fixed?people who buy goty or resistance encountered this strange things and its making game seems bad or strange.