Sign in to follow this  
Havok69

Scripts for all editor missions?

Is there a way to put scripts in the editor so when you go into the editor all the scripts you want will work with all the missions you have in the editor, and even if you create a new mission the script/s will work without closing OFP. Thanks.

Mission Editing questions belong in the Mission Editing forum, moving smile_o.gif

Before posting please look to see you're posting in the correct place smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to put scripts in the editor so when you go into the editor all the scripts you want will work with all the missions you have in the editor, and even if you create a new mission the script/s will work without closing OFP. Thanks.

I think you are asking if there is some kind of method to embedd scripts via editor.

The answer is no. You can only trigger scripts within the editor.

The scripts need to be in the mission folder of the mission you are working on.

Anyway you can alter your scripts anytime as they are not preloaded with the mission itself. So alt-tab out alter it to your needs and go back to OFP to see the effect.

When you are working on a huge set of missions I suggest you to create a script folder somewhere on your comp where you collect all scripts. Make sure you choose unique names so you can keep overview over the script collection. In case you need a script just copy paste it into your mission folder and alter it for the specific mission and start it by a trigger or manual command from the mission editor.

A dropdown menu within the editor for embedding scripts would be nice but wouldn´t make much sense as the script is not in the editor but in the mission folder and altering a script is only possible with either Wordpad or 3rd party tools.

It would be nice though to have a script shell in future BIS releases that works within the editor.

thank god (and BIS) for the fact that at least scripts can be altered and (re)loaded without shutting down OFP, otherwise even more mission editors would have gone completely yay.gif

lmao i knew a mission maker who used to make missions then go into his /ofp/user/name and get his mission he made and pbo with MakePBO.. when i heard that he did that i was like WTF have u been taking biggrin_o.gif when i told him he was like whistle.gifbanghead.gif

i get strange problems sometimes when i have saved a mission into MP or SP and then do some more work on the mission and after that try to save again the mission in MP or SP is the old version still... so i sometimes alt+tab intense between ofp and windows and then pbo , the alta tab t ofp , and shut down and start ofp again and play test mission.. biggrin_o.gif

I hope game 2 has the ability to run scripts directly inside the editor , or run scripting commands and stuff ingame maybe tounge2.gif

a crazy idea would be to be able to create triggers while in preview mode in mission editor, also create buildings , objcts and rotate them and so on in game biggrin_o.gif buts some advanced stuff.

i get strange problems sometimes when i have saved a mission into MP or SP and then do some more work on the mission and after that try to save again the mission in MP or SP is the old version still...

You can only export the mission once to SP or MP. The created .pbo is somekind of writeprotected until you close and restart OFP. (But of course OFP won't tell you that nener.gif )

Yes if you want to export the file again you must delete the old .pbo first. Otherwise you do get odd results, as you say.

Just btw - a script doesn't need to be inside the mission

folder itself.

A working example, almost everybody has already seen is

the scripts which are being included into addons wink_o.gif

Also you can put scripts into the mission folder itself, or

in user/missions while using them in editor - best would

be to have them in both, as completing a mission doesn't

mean that you won't work on another.

At the exec statement you just need to enter the correct

path for the script - can't remember if it was by / or \

because one variant of these two only works in editor.

blabla exec "..\scripts\myscript.sqs"

~S~ CD