Sign in to follow this  
XeLSiS

Texture Angles...

Hey guys, im currently working on Iwo Jima Island using WrpTool and i was wondering if there was a way to place airport runway textures at an angle so that I could accuratley do the 3 airports on Iwo Jima (1945 ver). The airports im talking about are on the image below. Thx for the time & help! thumbs-up.gif

Iwo%20Jima%20Map.jpg

You would have to make your own textures to do that. There is no way to put textures sideways. Well technically you could put them into photoshop and rotate them and then make textures out of those I don't know if that would work as well as you would want tho.

seems like vertical texture making is working... but is a tedious process Jake lol...

yay5lb.jpg

*In a French Accent* "Haha! Victory shall be mine!"

Hi,

don´t know if this would help you, but I use in Anjou (my WWII France island) an addon from WWIIEC addon maker BattlingBitch, which is a metall air strip, I think US and Japanese forces uses them a lot in Pacific area, espeacially on islands.

As this is an addon and no texture you could layout it in any direction. It looks a bit blury on screenshot, but great if you stand in front of this. See the screenshots I attached.

But be aware, AI landing and starting is only working N-S / S-N and E-W / W-E, not SE to NW (best to my knowledge).

Maybe this will help you huh.gif

post71122907687.jpg

post71122908155.jpg

I think they did probably use it but im gonna use the concrete anyway, thx for the info anyway!

Im just gonna post one more pic up on here of Iwo Jima's almost finished Main Airport...

almostdone6js.jpg

Me not care, thatll be fixed in ArmA hopefully lol

The easiest way would be doing a road with Airport textures like they have done it in VBS1. the connections would fit beeter togehter.

Its looking nice, prolly a bit too modern look on the strips thou...