Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: limitations

Quote Originally Posted by (fatcroc5 @ Aug. 18 2005,11:33)
    another limitation - magazine changing - can it be animated with real detachable magazine??
    look at the Mapfakt MX-8´s

and the bolt action thing looks like its using handgranate scripts and new animations reloading and fire and things like that but i might be wrong

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Yeh, the DIB stuff is.. unreal
    Am I right in thinking it's being released (or a cut down version) with the Falklands mod? And if so, will there be documentation on how to do simliar stuff in your own addons?

The bolt-action rifle thing I wanted to try ages ago, but everyone I talked to claimed "you can't get their stance", and I couldn't find an animater who would do it etc, but tis good someone made it

The stupid AI has kinda been "fixed" with things like VME-PLA addons, which gave the AI an extra brain or two, but things like that are kinda limited what they can do without a lot of work

Making the magazine really unload is kinda (very) hard as you cannot setobjecttexture, or use custom-animations (like the kind used ot open doors)..
    Wait a minute, you can use the Special Model thing (A pistol used it to hold the top slide back when the magazine was empty). You could maybe, when theres no bullets left, use the mag-less weapon model, create the model of the magazine on the ground, and play an animation. Dont really think it's possible (without doing something odd like including the magazine on the player model hidden inside their torso or something, and in the custom reloading animation move the magazine model to the hand, thus making it look like their holding a magazine, then on the rest of the animationg, while the hand is moving away, hide it again. As there's now bullets in the weapon, the magless model will be released by the loaded model )

...hm
    - Ben
    {Edit : Typed - Ben twice as I went back and added something }

Quote Originally Posted by (DBR_ONIX @ Aug. 18 2005,15:18)
    Wait a minute, you can use the Special Model thing (A pistol used it to hold the top slide back when the magazine was empty). You could maybe, when theres no bullets left, use the mag-less weapon model, create the model of the magazine on the ground, and play an animation. Dont really think it's possible (without doing something odd like including the magazine on the player model hidden inside their torso or something, and in the custom reloading animation move the magazine model to the hand, thus making it look like their holding a magazine, then on the rest of the animationg, while the hand is moving away, hide it again. As there's now bullets in the weapon, the magless model will be released by the loaded model )
    I think this is what Mapfact did with their XM8s, minus the animation bit:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6370

But yes, to do it properly you'd need to be able to do setobjectexture/animations/hiddenselections on weapons models, which isn't possible AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by (Hornet85 @ Aug. 18 2005,00:49)
    Quote Originally Posted by (DBR_ONIX @ Aug. 17 2005,15:11)
    Dont know if anyone is making them
    A friend (Hornet) made a few underground bases for a project, which with some fiddling will be fecking cool.
    thats me *** ***

tunnels yes i have made tunels to that is like that and it works realy good but bekus i cant make textures ther will never be any thing reliced sorry for that
    no volunteer for texturing ^^^^^

anyway , you got screens of your project, cause i"m intrested but i dont know anything about texturing
    But maybe if you post some screens some people will texture it for you

6.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by (Jezz @ Aug. 19 2005,07:09)
    And how was he testing DiB in OFP?
    And where is that band that so vauntingly swore, That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
    A home and a country shall leave us no more? Their blood has washed out their foul footstep's pollution.
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave, From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave;
    And the Star-Spangled Banner in triumph doth wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
    (3rd stanza of the Star-Spangled Banner)

he wasnt he just came up with a way to do the same thing *** something to do with model swapping or something as he said that ***would explain why ***you never see any sort of ***collapseing sections of wall(though he says its possible using an animation) in the vbs video as ***everything is ***hidden behind a smoke and dust clouds. and ***how ***the ***buildings always damaged the same way. kenji tends to get bored and then sees if theres sort of interesting limitation he can play about with to see if theres a way around it. as far as i know he only built that quick test to see if it was possible then went back to working on the rhs t-62

a big limitation of the ofp-engine are trenches, foxholes etc.
    ok there are nice addons, but they are not the real deal cause the are just objects who are sticked on the ground. real entrenchments are in digged in the ground and thats impossible to do with the ofp-engine, i think.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Nope, exact same idea as the bunkers/tunnels, you sink the object into the ground in the WRP file, and make the object to it matches up with the ground, and apply the same texture to it

The wall thing looks good, wish a building using this would be released
    But yeh, the DIB thing used "Smoke and Mirror trickery" or somethign (Can't remeber the exact term Col Klink used ), basicly hiding how the things fell apart under a big cloud of dust
    - Ben

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345