Sign in to follow this  
fatcroc5

limitations

I would like smarter AI, and I dont mean smarter when they are advancing towards your positions but when they are driving in convoy or flying with multiple helo's together...

Multiple gunner on Helos!

Waves at sea

Caravans wow_o.gif

Sailboats that work

toilets

Volcano's

Waterfalls

Dont know if anyone is making them tounge2.gif

A friend (Hornet) made a few underground bases for a project, which with some fiddling will be fecking cool.

Using the same techique I made a nuclear bunker, that could be set stupidly deep into the ground (Basicly make a square of ground at height 1m above sea level, and make the rest of the map at 501m, then you put the bunker bit in the hole, and "stack" the spiral stair model ontop of it to make stairs into it).

The biggest draw-back of that is you can't place the objects in WRPTool I dont think, so they need to include the stairs in the mission (Not totaly sure of this though).. {Just found out you can place them in mid-air, not sure why I thought you couldn't}

One other problem is matching the tunnels up to terrain that isn't flat. If the terrain was on an angle, you'd need a lot of tweaking to get it to blend in natuarly with the terrain sad_o.gif

Waves are possible, make a wave object, and setvelocity it along the water, when it's no-longer at sea, delete it. Would lag having that many objects to make it look right though sad_o.gif

Caravans are possible, just use a trailer script and make the caravan up (SOMEONE DO THAT rofl.gif )

Multiple gunners on helis is the same as that M2 on a M1A1

Sailboats are kinda hard, I dont think even dedicated sail-boat games (:crazy: ) do that great a job of it

Erm, toilets.. Urh, not that hard, make a object configed as a vehicle, so you could "Get in" it, then an animation, and sounds.. Mmh icon_rolleyes.gif

Volcanos/waterfalls, waterfalls would be amazing, maybe using a fake river, with an animated water texture (Similar to the Stargate "bluething"), then drop-create the water fall

Volcanos, make an object like a "hill-hat", that sits on a hill and gives it a volcano top, then drop-create and use animated textures to make it volcanoy

Proxys on geolods, what if you include the geo-lod on the object on the proxy? You can shoot a soldier sitting in a car, thus it must have LODs (Hitcontact) (Not sure about this though)

..next? tounge2.gif

- Ben

"While the rest of the squad had the inconvenience of a wad of paper and nowhere comfortable to go, Samuel had managed to to include a comfort of home in his kit."

relief.jpg

Edit: If pics not seen then DC3D server is obviously having a fit.

rofl.gif

And yes you do have to have a special tank model.. But i am going to look into how difficult it is and see if it is something easy to do .

rofl.gif

And yes you do have to have a special tank model.. But i am going to look into how difficult it is and see if it is something easy to do .

And no you dont have to have a special tank model.. if you use DIB wink_o.gif

A friend (Hornet) made a few underground bases for a project, which with some fiddling will be fecking cool.

thats me yay.gifwhistle.gif

tunnels yes i have made tunels to that is like that and it works realy good but bekus i cant make textures ther will never be any thing reliced sorry for that

dib (dick in ...) wtf?? confused_o.gif

i got another limitation, AI following u in water. the morons never do banghead.gif

DIB is his destructable buildings project is it not?

DIB is the name for the whole project.

It doenst only have walls that can be blown up.. but also window glass that shaters when shot.

Klink's Forum

cool, if it could be made compatable with DMA anim... notworthy.gif

another limitation - magazine changing - can it be animated with real detachable magazine??

Quote[/b] ]SengirVampireWW2EC

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another limitation broken by FAB (WWIIEC) !!!

check it out below: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~ww2ec/comment.php?124

Edited by SengirVampireWW2EC on Aug. 18 2005,10:56

welcome.gif

We done that reloading stuff long time ago for Shootgun from  VBS1. We newer released it because only soldier plays animation ....

BTW thats not limitation... its an idea how to make it.Custom animation with some simple scripting

DIB is his destructable buildings project is it not?

DIB is the name for the whole project.

It doenst only have walls that can be blown up.. but also window glass that shaters when shot.

Klink's Forum

wow jus checked out all the great stuff hes working on wow_o.gif amazing...

another limitation - magazine changing - can it be animated with real detachable magazine??

look at the Mapfakt MX-8´s

and the bolt action thing looks like its using handgranate scripts and new animations reloading and fire and things like that but i might be wrong

Yeh, the DIB stuff is.. unreal biggrin_o.gif

Am I right in thinking it's being released (or a cut down version) with the Falklands mod? And if so, will there be documentation on how to do simliar stuff in your own addons?

The bolt-action rifle thing I wanted to try ages ago, but everyone I talked to claimed "you can't get their stance", and I couldn't find an animater who would do it etc, but tis good someone made it biggrin_o.gif

The stupid AI has kinda been "fixed" with things like VME-PLA addons, which gave the AI an extra brain or two, but things like that are kinda limited what they can do without a lot of work

Making the magazine really unload is kinda (very) hard as you cannot setobjecttexture, or use custom-animations (like the kind used ot open doors)..

Wait a minute, you can use the Special Model thing (A pistol used it to hold the top slide back when the magazine was empty). You could maybe, when theres no bullets left, use the mag-less weapon model, create the model of the magazine on the ground, and play an animation. Dont really think it's possible (without doing something odd like including the magazine on the player model hidden inside their torso or something, and in the custom reloading animation move the magazine model to the hand, thus making it look like their holding a magazine, then on the rest of the animationg, while the hand is moving away, hide it again. As there's now bullets in the weapon, the magless model will be released by the loaded model smile_o.gif )

...hm

- Ben

{Edit : Typed - Ben twice as I went back and added something icon_rolleyes.gif }

Wait a minute, you can use the Special Model thing (A pistol used it to hold the top slide back when the magazine was empty). You could maybe, when theres no bullets left, use the mag-less weapon model, create the model of the magazine on the ground, and play an animation. Dont really think it's possible (without doing something odd like including the magazine on the player model hidden inside their torso or something, and in the custom reloading animation move the magazine model to the hand, thus making it look like their holding a magazine, then on the rest of the animationg, while the hand is moving away, hide it again. As there's now bullets in the weapon, the magless model will be released by the loaded model smile_o.gif )

I think this is what Mapfact did with their XM8s, minus the animation bit:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6370

But yes, to do it properly you'd need to be able to do setobjectexture/animations/hiddenselections on weapons models, which isn't possible AFAIK.

thats me  yay.gif   whistle.gif

tunnels yes i have made tunels to that is like that and it works realy good but bekus i cant make textures ther will never be any thing reliced sorry for that

no volunteer for texturing ^^^^^

anyway , you got screens of your project, cause i"m intrested but i dont know anything about texturing

But maybe if you post some screens some people will texture it for you

he wasnt he just came up with a way to do the same thing  smile_o.gif something to do with model swapping or something as he said that  would explain why  you never see any sort of  collapseing sections of wall(though he says its possible using an animation) in the vbs video as  everything is  hidden behind a smoke and dust clouds. and  how  the  buildings always damaged the same way. kenji tends to get bored and then sees if theres sort of interesting limitation he can play about with to see if theres a way around it. as far as i know he only built that quick test to see if it was possible then went back to working on the rhs t-62 huh.gif

a big limitation of the ofp-engine are trenches, foxholes etc.

ok there are nice addons, but they are not the real deal cause the are just objects who are sticked on the ground. real entrenchments are in digged in the ground and thats impossible to do with the ofp-engine, i think.

Nope, exact same idea as the bunkers/tunnels, you sink the object into the ground in the WRP file, and make the object to it matches up with the ground, and apply the same texture to it

The wall thing looks good, wish a building using this would be released sad_o.gif

But yeh, the DIB thing used "Smoke and Mirror trickery" or somethign (Can't remeber the exact term Col Klink used tounge2.gif), basicly hiding how the things fell apart under a big cloud of dust

- Ben