Sign in to follow this  
Shottie

Map Pack.

How can I play the new maps. Do I need a mission in order to use them?

Thanks, I have another question.

How do you get the BAS skins/units to work when you have a mod like Y2K3? I think I have them in the right folder but they don't look like the BAS units.

welcome.gif to ofp

maps = islands and/or missions

skins = addons

to do the engine's scope justice ...

That doesn't help that much but thank you for the welcome. smile_o.gif

it´s like this... OFP dont use skins, it has new models with their own config.. so it doesnt replace anything (unless you use a replacement mod)

all addons you put in a modfolder or the addons folder will ONLY be found in the editor, same thing with islands..

if you download missions you put them in the missions folder and they will then turn up under "missions" when you are in game (MP missions should be in the mpmissions folder)

so, if you want to play with the addons you download you either have to make own missions with those addons or download missions that use them.

so, this is not like CS and other games where they just change the apperance of the soldier. all addons adds new stuff in the editor and nowhere else.

so, with this help you should discover that the BAS units you have downloaded and installed (preferably in res/addons) are found in the editor under BAS *something* or similar.

hope this helps..

Yes that does help. Thank you, so does anyone know a good mission editing FAQ. haha

What if I DL a sky mod? Would that work at all times or just in mission created by me?

a sky mod would work all the time...

well, as long as you start the game with it (using mod folders)

but someone else will get the privilegue to explain that smile_o.gif

Please search the forums, spend some time looking around and familiarise yourself with what kind of posts go where, for example General is for discussions relating to Flashpoint out of the box, nothing more or less.