Sign in to follow this  
sicilian

Official Release Of OFPSentry Anti Cheat System

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:firebrick'>Official Release of OFPSentry Anti Cheat System</span></span>.

Upcomming developments brought by well known cheaters have brought me to the dicision to release the latest version of OFPSentry to the public.

It hasn't the state I expected at release but propably it is a nice feature for all of us!

The idea was to prevent actual and future cheats with a external tool which is acting as a sentry for the OFP main application.

The OFPSentry is a client server based application which constantly checks your OFP for modifications and observes external programs.

If a running program is detected which is able to modify OFP in a cheating way the Sentry will stop the application and send a report to a Sentry server module.

Upcomming results will be logged in a server logfile and written to a daily xml output.

The xml shows the player name, date, time, ip, and the result of the player's Sentry client.

This xml file can be uploaded automatically or manually to any ftp server out there.

The sense in that is to show the public that you play fair!

Anyone can open the URL where the xml is stored and see what's going on there.

Who got which result, who is using a cheat and possibly which one...

The results are divided into attention levels from 0 to 5.

But it's recommended not to accept any attention level except 0 at all on the server!

Read the whole thing on the official explanation site!

Watch out -> http://www.ofpsentry.de.vu

Generally use at your own risk and expect updates.

sounds interestiing GJ anthing that catchs these SCUMs is welcomed with open arms.

has this been tested CTI at all and what where the results was there any scums caught and if so is there a master list of these Cheaters biggrin_o.gif i know we catch many with file checkers but we know there are ones that get bye that hopfully this will expose them for who they really are biggrin_o.gif

1) server will need to be set to only allow ppl running the client, other wises its no good

Cient connecting = has Sentry allow

Client connecting = no sentry ban IP

ect

it will need a self checking program and the name location all has to be checked by the game server, and the program neeeds to send to the server its name/file loction for verification other wise this program will be hacking in minutes

has this been tested CTI at all and what where the results was there any scums caught and if so is there a master list of these Cheaters   i know we catch many with file checkers but we know there are ones that get bye that hopfully this will expose them for who they really are

This System requires that all players use the Sentry client for it to work. So we cannot catch anyone except ourselves with tests. Even I don't know if one of the Beta users tested it on a CTI. I personally did not.

1) server will need to be set to only allow ppl running the client, other wises its no good

Cient connecting = has Sentry allow

Client connecting = no sentry ban IP

ect

it will need a self checking program and the name  location all has to be checked by the game server, and the program neeeds to send to the server its name/file loction for verification other wise this program will be hacking in minutes

This is an extra feature. Nothing to do with the ofp server. So it cannot decide weather a client is using the sentry or not because if you are connected to the Sentry Server you actually use the Sentry Client.

This programm includes extended features to prevent hacks... wink_o.gif

dont matter, TKC is now ripping apart the OFP EXE, so yours wont be any different, if you follow the design of OFP watch and talk to him about intergrating the code he will help, the merger of the two will be a OFP Punk busters in my mind

That level of coding it out of my reach so good luck

dont matter, TKC is now ripping apart the OFP EXE, so yours wont be any different, if you follow the design of OFP watch and talk to him about intergrating the code he will help, the merger of the two will be a OFP Punk busters in my mind

That level of coding it out of my reach so good luck

There is a difference! Only thing they can do with the OFP exe is to edit strings! If there aren't any important strings in it, they can do nothing! Runtime decryption is the one... Let's have a look at what they try...

So give it a try. If you dont try something new you will never get a solution on this! We will see what they can do...

Why not setting it up on your server for one weekend or even one day and only allow players with sentry running? Set the server to put the xml anywhere so you can access it from the web. So everybody can verify the use of Ofpsentry.

I'm sure if you make that day public before cheaters will not stay at home and will try to by pass it...

I also talked to certa times ago and had to mention there is not really an interest doing something against cheaters... Yes it would be quite nice if those tools were merged together but what shall I do if there is no interest on. Only thing I can is trying to contact if there is no answer it is purely busy.

@Gadger

At this time there is no linux server available. I'm already searching a good possibility to port it on linux....

so does each player need to DL this to beable catch the person or persons trying to cheat ? or just server need it runing >?

id like to set it up and malbo to go spam TKC and lift all the banns we allready have on all there cheators hahahahahaha

@Gadger

At this time there is no linux server available. I'm already searching a good possibility to port it on linux....

OK, hope you have a linux client and server version out soon, then league's can successfully start using it, excellent work sicillian. smile_o.gif

so does each player need to DL this to beable catch the person or persons trying to cheat ? or just server need it runing >?

id like to set it up and malbo to go spam TKC and lift all the banns we allready have on all there cheators hahahahahaha

Because it is client server based each client has to download it!

Note: It is running beside the OFP client and the OFP server. Don't mix it up. It is a client which is running on your local machine while you play OFP. And there is a server running on any machine waiting for the results. This hasn't to be the ofp server machine at all but it is an extra server.exe. All together you have 1 ofp client + 1 sentry client and on the other side 1 ofp server + 1 sentry server.

OK, hope you have a linux client and server version out soon, then league's can successfully start using it, excellent work sicillian.  smile_o.gif

You only mean the server version, don't you?

Currently I'm extending the server with Fwatch from Kegety to show up the messages not only as xml but rather ingame messages. But therefore the maps have to be edited. A sample map will be included where you can show the players which are connected to the sentry server and check if they got any bad results. Fwatch will be used server side only, is only available for windows server and is easy to extend for personal needs!

What about the small proportion of the community that use Linux as their O/S, does the win version make no difference to them and its only an obstacle server side? Sorry, I'm not to awares of the differences between Linux and Windows.

What about the small proportion of the community that use Linux as their O/S, does the win version make no difference to them and its only an obstacle server side? Sorry, I'm not to awares of the differences between Linux and Windows.

Do you know any Operation Flashpoint version which runs on linux without any emulator?

Do you know any Operation Flashpoint version which runs on linux without any emulator?

Not without an Emulator, no.

Not without an Emulator, no.

Therefore there is no need to code the client for linux! You can even run it in an emulator.

Back to topic please!

Ok, it looks pretty nice. smile_o.gif

How exactly does it attempt to start flashpoint? It fails miserably for me, only brings up the flashpointpreferences program all the time.

You should probably also warn people that it will mess with their OFP installs, specifically it appears to rename the Addons/ dir while it's running.

How exactly does it attempt to start flashpoint? It fails miserably for me, only brings up the flashpointpreferences program all the time.

You should probably also warn people that it will mess with their OFP installs, specifically it appears to rename the Addons/ dir while it's running.

Did you make a shortcut on it?

If yes than change your working directory to your ofp folder.

This issue is described in the readme -> First Start!

If the Sentry works properly he discard the renaming process after shutdown. But your right this I forgot to mention in the readme. But by the years we are now mostly playing Resistance and therefore there is no need for the old addon folder. Only bad configured unofficial addons require it sometimes. Sry for that. Readme will be changed soon.

Did you make a shortcut on it?

If yes than change your working directory to your ofp folder.

This issue is described in the readme -> First Start!

If the Sentry works properly he discard the renaming process after shutdown. But your right this I forgot to mention in the readme. But by the years we are now mostly playing Resistance and therefore there is no need for the old addon folder. Only bad configured unofficial addons require it sometimes. Sry for that. Readme will be changed soon.

It's alot cleaner to put your own addons in Addons/ rather than in Res/Addons since Res/Addons contains BIS addons also.

But this is a matter of taste and not really ontopic.. smile_o.gif

I've been testing a bit and it looks like the server is very vulnerable to replay attacks. You need to turn it into some sort of challenge-response system, right now someone can record a "clean" login and then replay that later to the server to make it look like they're still running the client.

I've been testing a bit and it looks like the server is very vulnerable to replay attacks. You need to turn it into some sort of challenge-response system, right now someone can record a "clean" login and then replay that later to the server to make it look like they're still running the client.

This could be right so far. I couldn't think about every detail sad_o.gif but its on my list of todos now! wink_o.gif

this tool looks nice, but:

1. how does it prevent me to send my own fake data stating that i am not a cheater?

I don't even need to run the program, i can just write my own, which would be sending a fake data to your server.

2. how does it prevent me to send my own fake data stating that all of you are the most evil cheaters in the world?

I have noticed, that there is only Player's name used to identify the player, right? (It should be his ID - but even then i can generate random IDs and send a "he-is-cheating" data to your server)

...or maybe i have missed something?

It could be better to use some encrypted form of communication between your program and your server - if you are not already doing that.

All data between client and server is encrypted!

To identify and bypass ofp ID Changers I seperately calculated a SentryID which is unique for each player. (the big red number on the client window)

Every player can be identified that way without the need of the ofp ID. And your IP can't be changed to what ever you want. This is the second identifier.

sentryclient.jpg

ok, this sounds better.

but, if you are not using the real player ID to identify the player, then it's very simple for anyone to use, for example, my nickname and make me a cheater.

...because on the list you can see only nicknames, no IDs - so when i go to the server to check whether any of the players i am currently playing with is a cheater, i could do that only by comparing the nicknames on the server list, with player names in my OFP game.

You definitely MUST show the real ID in the server cheaters list, because that is the only reliable way to identify the player.

It would be also nice if you can run another program on the OFP server, which would send all player IDs to the Sentry server to check whether there is a cheater, and if yes, then the Sentry server would send back the ID of the cheater, and then the program could publish a message to all the clients (either by somehow using the OFP globalChat/sideChat methods, or through it's own communication [you can get IPs of all players form the Sentry list] where the Sentry client could force the displaying of appropriate message over the OFP screen)

Sounds Great for League play if Leagues would adopt it (And thats only if it worked with Linux) but is there anyway of developing a way to not have the players have the clinet.

If that was possible we could see the full effects of the system and possibly a cheat free community once again.

What you have done so far is really a great start.

Good Stuff sicilian!!! wink_o.gif

Yes would be excellent for league play if it was just Server version. That way it would work on everyone, and people could not impersonate other people with new ID changers and changing names etc.

Good job so far, but it does need more work to actually be effective with league play from what I've heard. smile_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

Whatever it does anticheat is needed... tounge2.gif

Hate cheater...