Sign in to follow this  
freda

DePbo.dll

Hi Folks,

am embarrased that I can't find the original topic on this.

Salisin figures prominently but damned if I can find the original thread.

I have made a depbo.dll avaialable at

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/list.php?show=pending

or http://andrew.nf/ofp/tools/

Source code supplied on request

the dll will decode the usual compressed folders and things as well as decrypt so-called 'encrypted' mission sqm's and fps files.

You can attach it to any C++ or visual basic app you care to make and should solve the eternal issue of dicovering, yet alone writing, a decompressor for pbo files.

I have fully credited original code suppliers in the various headers in the rar file above and apologise to those of you for not doing so here.

enjoy

Nice smile_o.gif

Did you find any bugs in the original bin reading code?

God, how bad is that. I can't even get your name right salisin !!! tounge_o.gif

umm, from memory, the main issues were a severe lack of malloc freeing. Large pools were created of ultimately innaccessible data (because it had been 'used' and ptr discarded), this became noticeable on huge campaigns like fury.

Admittedly C++ came to the rescue there.

Am I talking to the person with the ~erik website? Because if so, the code supplied from there solved all mysteries for me and is a C++ version of it (modified extensively to DLL)

The only 'bug' I found was in some strange decompression signatures, particularly 'product' on some very few pbo's. The depbo (not the bincpp) didn't know what to do with them.

There were no showstoppers in either of the source codes, just some odd quirks.

Basically, I'm just damn thrilled to have this dll now, because it opens up a Pandora's box of possibilites using visual basic (which while poor and slow has the best quick 'n dirty forms maker out there)

If you want a sneak view of how powerful this option now is, grab the addonscanner2 from the same site which sniffs pbo's for addons in the mission.sqm.

Am just waiting now for a bit of feedback from various sites that there's no major bugz, and then I'll release the source code as well. If you want an early copy, you know what to do i guess....

If I've got the right person, Erik Gävert, <email suppressed> let me thank you right now for that code source.

If I've got the right person, Erik Gävert, <email suppressed> let me thank you right now for that code source.

Yes, that'd be me.

Nice to hear the code was of use. smile_o.gif

Just remember that your code now is basically licensed under the GPL also, since it's a viral license. So sourecode must be made available to all who get the binary, if they want it.

very comfortable with gpl, the source is now, also provided on the same site

Very nice work!  wink_o.gif

Can you implement a option to add and delete some text to/from the inner files like the mission.sqm or even deleting whole files?

I would have to add MakePBo functionality first.

btw, I did find one major quirk in your source and that was, often, the decompressor would extract one byte less than the stated file size, causing a checksum fail. I dunno why that would be.

and, I have no idea what the difference is between resistance vs older 'pbos'. Works on both and I can't see what it is.

Link is probably down...  I Try to find a good working application to unPBO missions.

Untill now I used PBO decryptor1.5, and it works from time to time... But not all the time. So I started my search for a good application.

Tried several already trough the WorldWideWeb.. like WinPBO, pbox+wrptool, Depbo.dll, extractpbo.dll, pbotool101... but without any good result (only get errors like didn't find dll  or can't find your temp folder etc)... Running Win7 by the way.

Does anyone has some good advice for me?

2 hours ago, Tango56 said:

Link is probably down...  I Try to find a good working application to unPBO missions.

Untill now I used PBO decryptor1.5, and it works from time to time... But not all the time. So I started my search for a good application.

Tried several already trough the WorldWideWeb.. like WinPBO, pbox+wrptool, Depbo.dll, extractpbo.dll, pbotool101... but without any good result (only get errors like didn't find dll  or can't find your temp folder etc)... Running Win7 by the way.

Does anyone has some good advice for me?

Closing - seriously why did you re-open a 12 year old thread?!