stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

Dude dont say sorry to them, just do what you want to do and tell em to get farked.

I for one appreciate a proper M4 thats the correct size, its ok if these noobs dont know what a real m4 looks and feels like.

yeah , In spite of the fact that it's still only an alpha version , I can confirm that this M4's one of the best ever made for OFP smile_o.gif

great weapon stgn!

Model and textures blend perfectly into ofp, i like it a way more than any cs import i've seen so far.

oh, that weapon looks 10 times better ingame than in screencaps!

Dude dont say sorry to them, just do what you want to do and tell em to get farked.

I for one appreciate a proper M4 thats the correct size, its ok if these noobs dont know what a real m4 looks and feels like.

agrees 100%

But how about makeing a nice M16A4 Eotech Sopmod with mag pouch on the stock? smile_o.gif

Very nice gun the m4 you made, I allready have decided to use this in many missions, only I kinda miss the gadgets! biggrin_o.gif like the ACOG scope...

I saw a laser thingy somewhere aswell, too bad actually that ppl bitch about addons and disregard them instead of combining all the functions and models into 1 UBER model with every possible mod out there right now...

And I love the open chamber animation. too bad you dont have to load and unload the guns! smile_o.gif

It looks bloody superb, its a pity that their isn't a whole weapon pack up to this standard otherwise I had have a shit load of re-configing to do. Hopefully this weapon will inspire someone. *fingers crossed*

Ho, I'm a bit late posting this?

Excelent addon, yes, it have to be the best M4 I tryed so far. I love the sounds, witch by the way, bug report, I know its a very early version, so its good for you to know that you missed the dry sound, empty mag. Can you do your custom fly sounds to the bullets? That would be nice too.

I love the way the normal M4 seats in the hands of the unit, very good, that must toke you some work.

I would like to see a "grenade vest" for the grenade version, like the one in JAM, but all this is up to you. As it is now it really rocks, more improvements will make it very difficult for other addon makers to bit.

Regards.

@CERO.

@cero

Year I noticed that dry sound too it has been fixed. I will maby add a granadevest later, but that will first be when I start working on the M203 right now its using BIS granades.

hopfuly a v0.45 vil be out tomorow evning(in Europe) it will not feature eny model or texture enhancement but will include:

Dry sound fix

Reloadsound fix

Updated recoile

ACOG versions(I hade em done enyway)

Early Alpha version ACOG scope(got to be realistic too)

A M4A1 SD simulating a M4A1 with a knights QD sound suppressor

Balistic improvements

STGN

Sounds great..

cant wait

Just wondering...

How well dose the ALs do with these M4s?

hopfuly a v0.45 vil be out tomorow evning(in Europe) it will not feature eny model or texture enhancement but will include:

Dry sound fix

Updated recoile

Balistic improvements

STGN

I've noticed that the reload sound is the same volume over distance and doesnt fade out, you can hear it reload from very far, you might wanna check this too, keep up the good work smile_o.gif .

Just wondering...

How well dose the ALs do with these M4s?

You meant AI right?

Well it is my impression that standard infantry are slightly less accurate and first shots miss more offen, Black ops also miss the first shot some times if they turn fast but I am not sure if its just me. AI has no problems using these that I Am aware off. But then again a BIS M16 out match my guns in every aspect shooting wise.

STGN

Dry sound fix

Updated recoile

Balistic improvements

STGN

I've noticed that the reload sound is the same volume over distance and doesnt fade out, you can hear it reload from very far, you might wanna check this too, keep up the good work smile_o.gif .

Thanks for the reminder it is now fixed.

STGN

Bah, stupid fingers!

Good to know it's not over beefed up tounge_o.gif

and what about the tracers?

You've got PM smile_o.gif

STGN

Excelent news on the upcoming pack.

I know that the BIS supressed MP5 is diferent to the other weapons, because its supressed the AI don't heard it, but I tryed some other addons that their supressed version are only supressed for human players because the AI still can heard them firing like a non supressed weapon, I hope you are counting with that biggrin_o.gif

Good work mate.

@CERO.

Excelent news on the upcoming pack.

I know that the BIS supressed MP5 is diferent to the other weapons, because its supressed the AI don't heard it, but I tryed some other addons that their supressed version are only supressed for human players because the AI still can heard them firing like a non supressed weapon, I hope you are counting with that biggrin_o.gif

Good work mate.

@CERO.

Well the M4A1 SD is only experimental right now but it is not set to fire sub sonic ammo(due to the gas system on the M4 it will not reload if you fire a subsonic round) so actualy AI will be perfectly able to hear you shoot although it will be much less than normal rounds it will how ever not be able to see it. The BIS MP5 is set to use subsonic rounds if you use standard 9mm you will hear a lower than usual bang/crack because the round braks the sound wall when it leaves the barrel. And the sound suppressor on the M4 actualy increases the muzzel speed.

STGN

Cool addon STGN.

I believe in real life the MP5SD does not function properly with subsonic rounds. However, when loaded with full power ammo it brings in down to subsonic velocity. Check

HKPRO.com they say state that it brings the velocity down by about 200 fps.

I think you know this but just in case you didn't. Suppressors don't silence more than they change the sound. Suppressors change the sound of gunshots into everyday noises. The MP5SD for example sounds more like a staple or nail gun than a gunshot, which is quiet and not suspicious. I have read reports that M16/M4 suppressors can reduce as much as 30db and make it sound more like a .22LR which is noticeable but on the battlefield very quiet and nonthreatening.

Lastly, Finnish snipers famously used suppressors against the Nazi invasion have an old proverb dating back to the Winter War

"A silencer does not make a soldier silent, but it does make him invisible."

A good suppressor should elminate the visual and sonic cues that could subject the armed professional to effective counterfire from enemy personnel.

Source: Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement Volume 12 Number 2. - Silenced Sako TRG-42 .338MAG by Al Paulson.

Source: HKPRO.com

I also concur that a suppressor can increase velocity by acting as a barrel extension. Looking forward to your updates.

Cool addon STGN.

I believe in real life the MP5SD does not function properly with subsonic rounds. However, when loaded with full power ammo it brings in down to subsonic velocity. Check

HKPRO.com they say state that it brings the velocity down by about 200 fps.

I think you know this but just in case you didn't. Suppressors don't silence more than they change the sound. Suppressors change the sound of gunshots into everyday noises. The MP5SD for example sounds more like a staple or nail gun than a gunshot, which is quiet and not suspicious. I have read reports that M16/M4 suppressors can reduce as much as 30db and make it sound more like a .22LR which is noticeable but on the battlefield very quiet and nonthreatening.

Lastly, Finnish snipers famously used suppressors against the Nazi invasion have an old proverb dating back to the Winter War

"A silencer does not make a soldier silent, but it does make him invisible."

A good suppressor should elminate the visual and sonic cues that could subject the armed professional to effective counterfire from enemy personnel.

Source: Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement Volume 12 Number 2. - Silenced Sako TRG-42 .338MAG by Al Paulson.

Source: HKPRO.com

I also concur that a suppressor can increase velocity by acting as a barrel extension. Looking forward to your updates.

Hey thanks that cleared some things up for me(about the MP5) because I have seen a film of some cops shooting a criminal with a MP5SD and even though the camera was stationed 100-200 meters away you could easily hear the suppressed shots. I have also seen the films of the Sd where its much harder to hear that is becasue of the round you use if you use the light 115g standard 9mm you will hear the supersonic crack but if you use a heavyier and slower bullet the round has subsonic speed when it leaves the barrel.

Again thanks.

About the M16 the QD lower the sound with aprox. 30db but the waepon still has a 132db sound. if you want it to be so low as a 22 lr then you have to use a subsonic round which means no cycling.

STGN

Great progress STGN,

About the db levels, I whipped out my Special Weapons for Military and Police 2004, which did an article on about 30 different .223 suppressors using M4s, M16s, CAR-15s and Ruger Mini-14s. It reminded me that the decibel scale is logarithmic rather than linear, so even a reduction in eleven dbs is significant. The author tested and measured the decibels to that of an air pistol, a Crosman Amercian Classic Model 1377, a .177 caliber air pistol, and it delivers between 120 and 123 dbs! An unsuppressed M4 gives off 164 db a M4 suppressed with a KAC (Knights Armament Company) M4QD suppressor delivers 132 db. That 10 to 12 db increase than an air pistol, though dbs are logarithmic. Subsonic ammo was also used in testing and it demonstrated an increase in reduction of 5 to 7 dbs compared to using full power ammunition with a suppressor.

Good looking weapon man. Is it possible to make one with the stock collapsed? Hardly anyone makes M4s for OFP with the stock collapsed. I carry an M4/M203 and I always keep the stock collapsed. Even when I qualify I keep the stock collapsed. Anyways, just an idea.

Monty

Details about the update:

ACOG versions:

I have had em done for some time and when manhunter09 said he missed some I included them in this pack. The only new thing I made was the ACOG scope picture. As you will see the reticle is very small and the field of view(FOV) is way too big. This is because the ACOG is a 4x optic and I've been told that 0.7xmagnification^-1  is the way to calculate it in OFP. But as it is now the scope is not posible to use to its full potential so in the future I am gonna make a scop which has a higher magnification but it will have the correct FOV so the sight picture will be the "same" just more clear and you will be able to use the bullet drop calculator. only difference betwheen this and the Ironsight version is that the ACOG version is zeroed at 100m.

SD version:

I have in this version included a suppressed M4 as you will notice is quit different from the unsuppresed M4, difference:

The RPM has been increased when you add a suppressor to a direct impregnent M16 type rifle the RPM will increase I have increased it by aprox 100 I don't have eny concret data on this so it was a gues based on info on the M4 CQB version which had a dramaticly increas in RPM form aprox. 750 to 980+ with the suppressor added and since the M4 has a longer barrel I decited to have a lower increase. The recoil has be changed arcordingly to the new RPM and the fact that the suppressor works like a good muzzel breake and both reduces recoile and muzzel raise. Muzzel speed has also been increased with 15 mps this is because the suppressor works like a couple of mm added barrel. When you add a suppressor to the barrel you change the place where the bullets will hit, this is somthing the KAC QD AFAIK is not good at with a change radius from 4" to 12" so thats why I have Made the rifle inaccurate and it is now shoothing somthing like 8MOA it may sound of alot but actualy the carbine can be used out to 300 meters. I have also made the weapon react slower due to the added lenth and unbalance the QD add.

Ironsight version:

I have made them react slightly faster very little. AI now know whitch fire mode to use for surtan distances, I have made them capable to engage tagets at ranges up to 600 meters. They are also louder than a BIS M16 to the AI komme to think of it it might be to much it will problery be changed  in next release.

@PraetorianV

Funny I have that article too. I am aware that db is calculated logarithmic this wil problery also mean that the sound settings in general will be changed a couple of times.

@Monty67t

Yes, enything in particular you would like? or just a Ironsight/m203 with colapsed stock? By the way is it because of your bodyamor you have it all the way in?

@PureMassacre

Thanks for the link and that is a great picture by the way. I have one thing to ask could you please remove versions after SD because there is only one SD gun.

STGN

hmm...nice, but in my opinion we don't need 1000 M4....we need more Civilian Objects to make combat more exciting!