stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

Wow, you've just made my day, thanks! :)

PS. I can see that there are no markings on your M4s - any reason, or "just because"?

@STGN please bring your work to Arma2 :D

What do you mean theres no markings? the guns says PROPERTY OF U.S. GOVT. M4A1 CARBINE.......

STGN

Oh, yes. My bad FPDR. Probably I'm used to white, easily-noticeable markings on civilian variants of AR-15...

HI I have decided to release this as 1.0 alpha, because its been a while since last release and RL is keeping me busy so adding the things I wanted for 1.0 final seems to take alot of time and this is an otherwise functioning addon.

As this is an Alpha there is unfortunetly no documentation. All models have been binarized and theres alot more of them than last time,

Sights include ACOG TA01NSN, ACOG RX01NSN, AIMPOINT CompM, AIMPOINT CompM2, EOTECH 551, Ironsights.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20864189/STGNSOPMOD1_0ALPHA.rar

STGN

Very nice, have some questions to M203 variants though (take notice that I'm almost complete noob when it comes to M4s :p):

- SOPMOD w/M203 - I'm not able to use the leaf sight the way I did in other addons

- SOPMOD SD w/M203 - leaf sight is visible on model, but it's not there when pressing "V" key (I can see only front sight with suppressor)

- M4A1 w/M203 - no leaf sight on model, no GL sight view mode.

Is it right or wrong?

C'ya!

Oh, and MRE A w/ ACOG - rulez!

Very nice, have some questions to M203 variants though (take notice that I'm almost complete noob when it comes to M4s :p):

- SOPMOD w/M203 - I'm not able to use the leaf sight the way I did in other addons

- SOPMOD SD w/M203 - leaf sight is visible on model, but it's not there when pressing "V" key (I can see only front sight with suppressor)

- M4A1 w/M203 - no leaf sight on model, no GL sight view mode.

Is it right or wrong?

C'ya!

Oh, and MRE A w/ ACOG - rulez!

The SOPMOD w/M203 is zeroed at 200 meters, aim like the rifle and put the front sight post on the target if its 200m away, if its closer aim low, if its further aim high. oh and by the way lean to guesstimate you shots instead of using the sights for other than precision shots.

SOPMOD SD w/M203 due to the way you aim with the leaf sight the supperssor is in the way and so using the leaf sight is less usefull. so thie sight is just for "precision shots when you need to hit a window" u can use the front sight post for direction.

M4A1 w/M203, from what I have seen Carbine handguards are the only type which is used with leaf sights mounted, the m4 handguards used here does not allow for easy mounting of the leaf sight due to the double heat shield. so for now its sight less.

Superb work as always mate. Top-notch quality!

No sorry though there is on another 16.

m16a4z.jpg

STGN

@STGN

Top quality work :thumbsup:

Now that's a real M16A4!

P.S. Your previous M16A4 (with is awsame) has M16A2 hanguard. Does this mean that you would someday release M16A2 variants aswell? :butbut:

Icarus

Well this is an M16A4 MWS.

Yes M16A2 will someday be released :)

STGN

Nice A4! I'm eagerly waiting to see them (and SPR too)!

But just as Elias Pinto, I'm more into '80s - early '90s era, so I'm gonna ask: do you have any XM177/Colt Commando variants in future plans? They'd go well with your's M1A1! ;)

m4a1update.jpg

Slowly importing M4 into Blender and redoing both the model and the UV map so it will be easier to convert to other models like A2 and A1. Itry to reduce thenumber of vertices's and reduce the faces count in places where you won't notice.

STGN

Edited by STGN

O my God, M-16 A2!!!

STGN you are the best! :notworthy:

P.S. Does XM-177E2/Colt Commando (circa 1985/86) use only M16A1 type receiver? If so than making XM177 would require you to make M16A1 receiver first.

@krzychuzokecia

Don't expect to see XM177 any time soon, unless STGN has already made M16A1 type receiver.

Edited by Icarus
stock is not the same as receiver... :)

Slowly importing M4 into Blender and redoing both the model and the UV map so it will be easier to convert to other models like A2 and A1. Itry to reduce thenumber of vertices's and reduce the faces count in places where you won't notice.

STGN

Id love to see your models in A2 :D

An XM177E2 is based on the M16A1 though by 1985 the long flash suppressor had largely been replaced by the A1 birdcage flashhider on guns still in service(acording to what i have read from alleged former SF members).

Colt Commando anno 1985 would be similar to M16A2 though it would problery have A1 sights(offered with both A1 and A2 sights).

STGN

Finally M16A2! I hope that release is close STGN!

Well, don't take it seriously and take your time

Colt Commando anno 1985 would be similar to M16A2 though it would problery have A1 sights(offered with both A1 and A2 sights).

STGN

Aren't you talking here about the so-called "M16 Shorty" or M16 Carbine (Colt Model 723, 733 and others)? It's M16A2 with 16" barrel which was produced in many variants, and many of them used A1 sights, but I think that they weren't adopted by US military.

Colt Commando (XM177) of course went into changes through the years, but it was mainly changing the flashhider and introducing (on E1) forward assist (so changes of receiver were the same like on M16A1). TBH I've never heard about Commandos with A2 style receiver.

But you're the AR maniac here, not me :)

Edited by krzychuzokecia
question of stocks and receivers is now over ;)

Then Colt called the 733 the colt commando, today its the 933.

I might have mixed up something it does not seem like the 733 was ever offered as an A2.

STGN

I might have mixed up something

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa:(

I'd checked it and it was me who mixed up two things: Colt 723 and 733. Both are Colt Carbine series weapons, but 723 was made in '80s as M16A2 with 14" barrel while 733 was made in the same time period as M16A1. Carbine version of A1 was 653 (16" or 14") and 733 had 11.5" barrel, but it had standard A1 flashhider (opposite to the one on Colt 607/609/610/629 Commando which had some sound suppressing abilities). 733 was then updated (under the same name) with A2 upper, BUT before that it wasn't called Commando! It was sold under this name in '80s not earlier (full name was Colt M16A2 Commando - similar to other Carbine series rifles, which had "carbine" added after M16 basic designation). But even then, you could've buy 733 with A1 uppers or lowers.

So your saying that:

was true.

Sorry, sorry, sorry...

Searched a bit more and its model 735B which has the A2 sight and burst setting, was apparently sold to Brazil.

STGn

Edited by STGN
grama

early eighties xm177

sfmodxm1771.th.jpg

STGN