Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

How bout ...

Well, how bout the option in the game at one point.

for you(an enginer) to build stuff.

1. Towers

2. Sandbags

3. Foxholes

4. Tents

5. Bunkers

and more ? you know... not like, making us put in scripts to do it..

that gets boring.. rock.gif

thank you biggrin_o.gif

You want to work? crazy_o.gif You know how much time it would take you to build a tower or a bunker? Also you want to fill sandbags with a shovel? Not much fun eh.. crazy_o.gif ..

hey, if i have a base... I want protection for my men, yah..

i know how long, and yes... i would love to fill sand bags and build bunkers and towers to protect the men under my command

A yardwork simulator then?

And when your mom tells you to clean up the garden then what?

Maybe not entire towers, but putting fences up and gun positions would be a good idea smile_o.gif

A yardwork simulator then?

And when your mom tells you to clean up the garden then what?

How old are u ? 9? dude, in REALISTIC WAR soldiers do fill

sand bags, enginers do build towers, bunkers, fence's, rolled barb. this is post to be a realistic game right ?

Make it really realistic

How old are u ? 9?

On these forums we expect people to communicate without resorting to namecalling/flaming/personal attacks, please refrain from doing so. Being new it would be advisable to familiarise yourself with the forum rules smile_o.gif

If the OFP2 campaign system is one big ongoing campaign a good time compression has to be implemented.

With a good time compression this feature (building defense positions) would be no problem.

In a dynamic scenario these self made positions would indeed be very nice!

You would not really build them yourself you would tell your men to do so and speed up time.

In another thread we discuss a new drag/ transport feature for wounded/ boxes/ sandbags. With this feature you could make a small defense position yourself.

Yeeah, it's so great to buil my own base.

My idea for multiplay:

A group can buy a base and develop it over time with money. Here we have missions: transport cargo or garther wood, stone,.. to build your base. If other group know information about ur base or your cargo they can attack and capture it,.. u must protect the convoy,.. Sometimes to gain control of province, groups must have monthly battle..

Its sound like a RPG-RTS-FPS game

yah, the time compression is a good thing, In ofp1-res. it has it, but why ?

you cant really do much with it ...

yah, the time compression is a good thing, In ofp1-res. it has it, but why ?

you cant really do much with it ...

You can run acros an Island very fast if you need to I offen use it when no enemy's are around.

STGN

You can run acros an Island very fast if you need to I offen use it when no enemy's are around.

STGN

lol

With enchaned physics (hopfully somthing along the lines of HL2 but not as good) we'll be able to stack objects on one another realisticly, meaning a mission maker could have 2 teams and both start with stock piles of different objects (sand bags, barrels, wood planks, etc..) and then if OFP2 has a 'pick up object,drag object,' or somthing similar to halflife the players could pick up sand bags and place them on top of one another making walls then balance a plank of wood supported by barrels with some sand bags surrounding it and tada! you got ur self a bunker, plus if the other team happens to throw a nade or shoot a rocket at it the sand bags would fly every where and the bunker would collapse. Now that be pretty fun MP game.

Players get X ammount of time to construct a base defending objectives, then after X time the players all spawn and given weapons and have to defend the objective best they can intil Y ammount of time is up, then they spawn with no weapons and have to repair and rebuild there bunkers and bases. biggrin_o.gif

Iunno. Setting up machine gun positions or using an engineering vehicle to dig or fill ditches, sure. Filling sandbags and knocking lean-to shelters up out of wriggly tin all day isn't my cup of tea though. Sure, it might be realistic, but you have to draw a line somewhere. I mean, what next? Guarding some backwater facility fifty miles from the sharp end? Being caught by the RSM with your beret on wrong and being put on spud-peeling duty? Battalion pay clerk? Running the stores? Might just be me, but "Norman The Storeman: Blanket Stacker Extraordinaire" doesn't sound like a fun game to me.

Kooky, please read what every one has said before being rude.

TIME COMPRESSION. HELLO rock.gif

It wont be hard at all.

I did read the entire thread and didn't mean to be rude. I just don't see the fun in filling sandbags. Sure it's part of being a soldier, but so's washing your kit.

Guest Ti0n3r
yea, and that damn Suma didn't code the engine for that too! now did he? mad_o.gif

Next time get us a coder that knows how to fecking SWIM! tounge_o.gif .

Maybe there's no water in the Czech Republic tounge_o.gif

engineers repairing island objects (bridges) and capable of build other buildings/objects is not bad idea

Overcoat if "ofp2" bring us the option to modify the terrain

(trenchs, caves, etc)

it is even a good idea for cti maps, would be nice to have a engineer slot, so he can fortify and build things like a building where to repair, refuel and rearm vehicles

some repairs and setting up positions sounds cool to me but if it comes in too heavy we're talking about Red Alert 3...

Most of what you guys are talking about can already be done in OFP1 with scripting.  You can camcreate bunkers, fences, mg positions, even towers if you want.  I seem to remember even one of the missions in the original campaign had you building defenses for a town.  Unless you want to run around with a hammer and nails and have to click to swing the hammer for every nail, 2 or 3 times per nail, for an entire construction.  Sounds like nonsense to me, this is a combat simulator.

Only way I can think of to add gameplay value to the engineers is maybe to give them minedetectors or maybe those armored bridge layers.  That doesnt really sound too much fun either though sad_o.gif

I think maybe base defenses should be left to the mission editor.

I do like the idea of digging fox holes but how that would work? I.E time to build would be about half an hour. Then again you could always just through a nade/place a satchel biggrin_o.gif

Wasn't there a mission in OFP1 where you could plant barbwire fences?

I don't know if any of you have thought of this, and I'm not sure it entirely fits in to this category, but have any of you thought of Tunnel Networks? Like the ones the NVA used in the Vietnam War, or like Rebels used in the Afghanistan war? rock.gif