Sign in to follow this  
Swatdog

Convoy Under Attack/Dead Detection

Hey guys, I'm trying to build a mission sort of like Desert Ambush in MP. You have to destroy a convoy, fight off a few tanks/squads of soldiers, attack a town, etc... But anyway, here's my question:

I've been picking my brains out trying to figure out a way to detect whether the convoy in whole, or any of it's vehicles are under attack, and if so, the convoy will release it's transport (troops in this case), tanks will then attack, etc... I don't want to use EHs because this is meant as a MP mission. I don't know of any other way of doing it other than EHs. Also, I want the convoy to reload it's transport (troops) and continue on its way if they don't detect the enemy for a certain amount of time.

Let me clarify even more:

If any vehicle part of the convoy group gets destroyed or gets any damage whatsoever, the trucks carrying the enemy soldiers will eject them, the tanks behaviour will be set to "COMBAT", and the soldiers will have an action similar to the "Guard" waypoint, or even "Search And Destroy". Once the threat is gone, the soldiers re-embark their specified trucks, the tanks will then be reset to "SAFE" behaviour, and the convoy will continue to their specified destination.

Basically if the convoy gets under attack at all, all of the units will go WWIII, and then once the threat is gone, they will be reset to their original behaviour.

Is there anyway to do this?

There's no doubt you're gonna need a script groupchain.sqs by Blanco. Using this script it's gonna be easy to make all units in specific kind of behaviour when one of them is attacked and also you can modify it a bit to suit your needs - e.g add action "get out" to all units or something like that. Btw, try to search OFPEC site (editors depot and forum) - I bet you'll find there many helpful informations.