Sign in to follow this  
KEVBAZ

Call of Duty 2

* The sequel to the award-winning Call of DutyTM, Call of Duty 2 is powered by a proprietary new engine featuring striking new visuals, advanced A.I. technology, the most realistic squad combat and explosive action in new historic campaigns.

* Call of Duty 2 lets players experience four individual soldier stories as they overcome insurmountable odds in multiple campaigns. Players have the freedom to follow each of the four storylines through for the ultimate character-driven experience, or they can engage in the historic battles chronologically for quick hitting action.

* Squads now have the freedom to take on a variety of mission objectives, on expansive battlefields that allow for multiple paths and the ability to utilize actual combat tactics like outflanking and fire and maneuver capabilities.

* Call of Duty 2's new engine and A.I. technology set the stage for authentic squad combat and astonishing action. Concealment can be key as battlefield smoke or even deployed smoke grenades cloud visibility. Weather effects such as the dusty sandstorms of North Africa and whiteout blizzard conditions of Russia, for example, will keep soldiers glued to their bunkers. The team has also employed a state-of-the-art Battle Chatter System that brings the action to life as squad-mates bark out context-sensitive updates in real-time to players through an advanced A.I. system.

sounds good to me smile_o.gif

At least Call of Duty was better then Brothers in Arms.

BTW:

Pics

I'd prefer more Sim-like games rather than another "hurray like" game.

I am looking forward to battling in North Africa.

I hope they make the campaigns longer and less scripted. I really get tired of spending $50+ on 10 hours worth of gameplay.

I hope they make the campaigns longer and less scripted. I really get tired of spending $50+ on 10 hours worth of gameplay.

keep dreaming wink_o.gif

I wanna fight the Japanese in the Pacific! Never got Call of Duty, but I might get Call of Duty 2.

I wanna fight the Japanese in the Pacific! Never got Call of Duty, but I might get Call of Duty 2.

Are you kidding me? Why the hell didnt you get Medal of Honour Pacific Assault then? The Graphics and athmosphere were breathtaking! smile_o.gif

Are you kidding me? Why the hell didnt you get Medal of Honour Pacific Assault then? The Graphics and athmosphere were breathtaking!  smile_o.gif

Shame about the rest of the game.

88mm

Apparently the AI needs work.  smile_o.gif  He's trying to fire through that small window, right above the MG42 gunner.

Either that or he's trying to take out that just-arrived shipment of cold-weather gear, still packed in the crates.

Too bad the "German Campaign" rumours were untrue. sad_o.gif

But then again, there are always x packs. >_>

Apparently the AI needs work.  smile_o.gif  He's trying to fire through that small window, right above the MG42 gunner.

Either that or he's trying to take out that just-arrived shipment of cold-weather gear, still packed in the crates.

Maybe he's not telling the crew to fire, and he's just waving to his German friend to say hello wink_o.gif

But I think CoD need's some work on their MP.  The mission types all feel the same and there's not much strategy to it. It always ends up being a battle with scoped Kar 98s and Bren machine guns.

ZZzzzz, sounds boring to me, not even remotely interesting, on the other hand VC2 has been anounced too wink_o.gif .

For mp, they should set it up like americas army. have a limited number of weapons open, forcing some to use normal rifles.

I always had a soft spot for Call of Duty because of the British missions. I was starting to think that I'd imagined the part we played in the war tounge_o.gif

Nice to see they're keeping it up for the sequel. Impressive graphics, too.

For mp, they should set it up like americas army. have a limited number of weapons open, forcing some to use normal rifles.

You can do that already, its up to who ever is running the server

cod mp is great i always have a blast, you just gotta find a decent server like any other game out there

i pay on www.dvdf.net clans custom map server, just set yer cod to download maps and away you go smile_o.gif

Too bad the "German Campaign" rumours were untrue. sad_o.gif

But then again, there are always x packs. >_>

I can't think of any game that has that.

I like the CoD games, they have a nice atmosphere despite not being anything technically astounding. The music's some of the best in any game I've come accross.

The graphics in this one look excellent, and by the looks of it, there's finally a British campaign that's not something to do with the SAS, so we get a fairly decent representation of our war effort for once.

Quote[/b] ]Call of Duty 2 lets players experience four individual soldier stories...

4 stories? That's one more than the usual 3 American, British and Russian campaigns; perhaps there will be a German campaign? Though the screens seem to indicate 2 British campaigns: one in Europe and one in North Africa. Or is the European one a Canadian campaign?

They have a story about two brits.

Thats the reason.

Or is the European one a Canadian campaign?

Heh, highly doubtable for hundreds of reasons, the first being sheer ignorance. I doubt half the developers know how to spell "Canadian", let alone try to represent them in a game. Not to mention the hundreds of kiddies going "OMGWTF WHO CREZ BOUT CANOOKS DEY NEVR FAOGT OMG PUT MORE AMRCANS IN OMG1111!!!"

I know EA tried that once with Battlefield 1942 map released in a patch. Ended up with this horrible mess in the form of a 'tribute'.

They have a story about two brits.

Thats the reason.

yay! biggrin_o.gif , i loved CoD, it may have not been a sim but it gave u the feeling you were there in the middle of it smile_o.gif

I'd rather make love to a cheese grater, using shards of liquified glass as lubricant than be tortured with another WW2 10 hour long game FPS. smile_o.gif

ah cmon people, yeah ww2 shooters are getting old but don't be so negative smile_o.gif

IMO, screens look good, and it looks far more open ended-one of the major problems that was in the first one. also, I think COD in some parts gives you a far more chaotic sense to war than ofp does smile_o.gif

I too, would like to see a german campaign in a game. Or a good movie about it at that. But one can wish sad_o.gif Its really too bad that generally a normal wehrmacht soldier in a game would be immediately be mistaken for an SS nazi Jew-murderer, which is the reason why they wouldn't do that. I am not trying to promote the atrocities that occured during the time period, but I think it would be cool to be put in the part of a normal german soldier.