Sign in to follow this  
marcusjm

Mount & Blade: PC RPG.

This is the first rpg where I've seen mounted combat work really good. It has a more mideaval feel to it than the typical RPG, which might appeal to people who normally dislikes RPG:s. Actually it reminds quite a bit of a classic called Darklands.

Another neat feature is that you can hire a small army and command yourself. Not only 5-6 guys but like a platoon smile_o.gif. The 3d engine isn't too bad. Not Oblivion class but definatelly great for a shareware RPG.

Combat is a bit awkward at first but if you are confident with the WASD movement it shouldn't be much of a problem.

One can play the first 6 levels before it stops(or you register it).

http://taleworlds.com/

marcus

The JAM-3 RPG is quite good too! smile_o.gif

jam-3 ?  rock.gif

rpg wise im looking forward to the new elder scrolls:oblivion.

from the pics it seems like a mixture between daggerfall and futuremarks nature tests wow_o.gif

Lol TES4 looks amazing!

I suspect the game well just be stat and text bas with perdy renderd screenshots in the background for those whom play it on "low detail" mode. tounge_o.gif

It's not as graphically impressive as Oblivion but more mideaval feeling to it. And the cool point that you can lead a little army yourself smile_o.gif.

Maybe Gothic 2 is a better comparison combat wise. Or perhaps, a combination of Darklands and Gothic 2. Morrowind was good looking but lacked some of the depht that could be found in games like Darklands. I think a small developer is what's needed to get the really original ideas nowadays.

Btw is that rpg soldier available yet?

marcus

lol i am confused with the real rpg biggrin_o.gif

Jam-3 lol biggrin_o.gif:D:D!!!

I'm already regretting that i didn't write c-rpg smile_o.gif.

Otoh that unit looks cool. I'd like to try it.

action2.jpg

All those guys are part of the same player gang smile_o.gif.

combat1.jpg

marcus

Title fixed cos even I was confused and wondered why I was looking at medieval screenshots wink_o.gif

Thank you. Though that R.P.G was nice too, didn't even know horses existed in OFP yet.

marcus

The JAM-3 RPG is quite good too! smile_o.gif

jam-3 ? rock.gif

rpg wise im looking forward to the new elder scrolls:oblivion.

from the pics it seems like a mixture between daggerfall and futuremarks nature tests wow_o.gif

Yeah, JAM3 RPG is really cool. ;)

I'd like to have some Modern Warfare RPG ^^

Buying Jeeps instead of horses and having rifles instead of bow and arrow ^^

I'd like to have some Modern Warfare RPG ^^

Buying Jeeps instead of horses and having rifles instead of bow and arrow ^^

+2 M4 of blind patriotism crazy_o.gif

Didn't someone plan to do a Twilight 2000 campaign for OFP? Maybe too ambitious, don't know.

Would be fun too. This is my main point. In order to get innovative games one has to hope for small companies to do stuff like that. Big shots never tries to do anything like that. OFP itself is a good example of what small dedicated teams can do.

marcus

Mount&Blade website

I came accross this game today. It's a medieval RPG developped by a turkish couple. I love the tournaments smile_o.gif

There are a few screenshots on the website.

The graphics may look a bit dated but remember that they are only two working on this project smile_o.gif

It's not yet finished but it's quite promising at this point !

Probably the best $11 I've ever spent on a game.  thumbs-up.gif   But be prepared to lose at least a week of your life because it's VERY addictive.

Don't expect a lot of eye-candy for a 35 MB download.  Moving around in towns and across the world map are kind of like placeholders for now with a storyline to show up with the final release, which will cost $25 if you haven't already bought the beta.  The real treat is the battles.  People who know say that no other game is better at delivering the actual feel of fighting on horseback.

The game's second greatest feature is its modability.  And the the official editing tools haven't even been released yet.

There's no demo version, but you can play for the first 6 character level-ups for free.  Check it out!

been mentioned before though the original poster was much less clear about what he was talking about before the mods changed the thread title smile_o.gif

It does look neat

ok, I just did a quick search with Mount&Blade before posting, thanks for the heads up biggrin_o.gif

now, could a mod merge those two threads maybe ?

I downloaded last night and was up till 4am - it's a great game already and very addictive. I don't even like medieval games or, typically, RPGs, but this one is something special. I love the freeform environment - you can pretty much go anywhere you want.

The combat is outstanding, especially the mounted combat (though I have yet to effectively use the lance - but I'm a crack shot with a crossbow). It's tough too - I have no problems fighting river pirates, but I get trounced going against anybody more effective.

I downloaded last night and was up till 4am - it's a great game already and very addictive. I don't even like medieval games or, typically, RPGs, but this one is something special. I love the freeform environment - you can pretty much go anywhere you want.

The combat is outstanding, especially the mounted combat (though I have yet to effectively use the lance - but I'm a crack shot with a crossbow). It's tough too - I have no problems fighting river pirates, but I get trounced going against anybody more effective.

try to join ongoing battles beetween the Swadians and the Vaegirs if the advantage is on your side, once you've won you may have captured a couple of knights, just make them new party members biggrin_o.gif and voilŕ, you've got highly trained and highly efficient elements as part of your party biggrin_o.gif

I for one prefer the bow which can, if used correctly be deadly at all ranges with a good rate of fire on the contrary of the crossbow (which on the other hand can be a "one shot one kill" weapon if you know how to aim like a god).

And there's nothing more gratifying than stopping a pirate or any kind of thug in the middle of his rush toward you, a few meters aways with an arrow in the head (if you miss, you better be quick to switch to something a bit more efficient at close ranges biggrin_o.gif )

I like it when you're rushing headfirst toward the enemy with other horsemen!

Right now, I'm "struggling" to get to level 4 and to be able to take more people in my party as 23 people is too few to fight against the hordes of steppe bandits and enemy war parties !

I'm level 10 from playing last night. I can tell this game is gonna suck up a lot of my time... confused_o.gif

Sounds cool, i dont really go for medevil games much but this one sounds pretty entertaining and i need somthing to take up my spare time as my newly installed Far Cry dosent work at all sad_o.gif

Downloading now..

Great game! I'm yet to purchase it, but sheez. This much freedom in a 35 mbit download is... Amazing biggrin_o.gif

Yea just got off it now amazing game, i like the combat too. personlly i pick the enemy off from the distance with a bow an arrow althou ive been killed a few times when they get too close, right now im trying to improve my mounted archery.

Also has any one else noticed that on the world map screen the trees and bushes look uncannely like some of OFPs trees and bushes tounge2.gif

I really, really like this game! smile_o.gif

Nice find!!!