Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Middle East part 2

I concur.

If a new miracle power source was found (wouldn't that be great!wink_o.gif and all western influence suddenly disappeared from the middle east, would:

...people stop killing each other over silly brands of the same religion.

...stop treating women as property and beating them.

Human nature is unaviodable, and rears its ugly head in differnt ways in different places.

What I find even more interesting is how desperate the blame game has gotten.  If you can't blame the "west" directly, blame their darn pollution!

Another excuse how I am resposible for others killing each other...\

Wow my truck and my Whopper consumption is the reason nomadic Muslims picked up rifles...

(no I don't own a truck, no I don't eat Whoppers...

Can't wait until someone finds a way to link climate change in the middle east, the Phillipines and other parts of SE Aisa, or Eastern Europe to complete the circle.

Your SUV is the reason that people have hate for those of Jewish decent...my bad rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]What a convenient world-view. The evil West, big companies exploit all the poor and a few scrupulous masterminds are responsible for all the bad happening in the world

seems that you are ignorant, haven't you heard about Sierra Leone , haven't you heard about countries which have same raw materials like iron, diamonds, about counties who could be rich if not companies corupting local politics or even like on sierra leaone sending troops and mercenaries against local people who want have profits because of raw materials from their ground ?

haven't you heard about colonies ?

where were you when history was taught in shool ?

what happens on oceania ?

western big companies always treat us poor as shit

for example, in some poor countries they don't respect trash, polution and labour law regulations, which they obey scrupulate in their countries

of cours in half it is guilt of poor countries corupted goverments, but this feeling make people commit terrorist actions

if you are poor, if you are treated like shit, one day you want revenge, it is normal, if someone kicks me, i try to kick him back, it is normal

Quote[/b] ]Out of all the flags on earth..I wonder why the American flag is the flag of choice for international flag flamers?

because they are sending their troops everywhere

Quote[/b] ]It takes less than 5 seconds to find videos of people getting their heads sawed off with knives, women stoned to death, and piles of dead bodies killed with nerve gas.

heh, you want links of USMC killing civilians, of blackwaters shooting to everything on streets ? if yes, i can search some link and paste here from Youtube, but you must be registered, because of 18+ content

my friend was in Polish contyngent in Iraq and he was telling me how US troops behave, how they shoot to everything that moves

and blackwater - they are mercenaries, how goverment of one country can send mercenaries, i always thought that mercenaries are in mafia or terrorist groups , not in civilsed country !

what concerns people with sawed heads, capital punishment is in many countries, i am for killing pedophiles, rapists, psychopats, i have no regret for criminals

one coutry has electric chair, other country has knife, what a difference ?

Quote[/b] ] Funny how I've never heard any one condem such acts.

the difference is big, because US troops sits safety after brick wall and fire to civilian cars on the road 200 meters away with not funny comments

there is movie about one soldier who drive trhough the streets of Bagdad and from time to time shoots to people on the street, if movie was not cancelled

no need to use knife, the have Barret and M16, to use knife

if you talk about human culture, than talk about pro-west regimes who were supported in middle and south america and africa

havn't you heard about country leaders who were supported by US and they also were not democratic, why then US troops were not sent to that country ?

Quote[/b] ]what concerns people with sawed heads, capital punishment is in many countries, i am for killing pedophiles, rapists, psychopats, i have no regret for criminals

one coutry has electric chair, other country has knife, what a difference ?

Yeah, they cut the heads of criminals like Nicholas Berg, (Crime being Jewish and American) or for example women who don't wear a bed sheet over their body or maybe even some one who listens to western rock music.

Quote[/b] ]because they are sending their troops everywhere

They send their troops every where as well. The Balkans, Philipines, Spain, Indonesia, India the list goes on. Heroic actions like New York 1993 and 2001, Bali, Train Bombings in Spain. Remember that guy in the wheel chair they pushed off the cruise ship in the 80s? I guess he was probably a pedophile, rapist, psychopath as well, or worse yet a jew.

I can find warcrimes commited by the allied forces in world war two. However in the end there was a clear cut villian and that was Fascist Germany, Italy and Imperial Japan. The Allies were in the right, though their hands are not %100 clean, horrible shit happens in war. However if the allies would have capitulated because of the actions of a few ass holes or screwed up units, well then we would live in a much worse world today.

War is a terrible thing, losing a war to fascism or religious extremism is worse. Sadly I believe the war is lost and I mark this the start of the decline of western civilization. The west is weak and unwilling to fight for anything, the extremist are willing to fight. Winston Churchill once said "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Well the west may be the biggest dog on the block but they have no fight in them. The west is a castrated mutt, the extremist have the fight in them, they'll win in the end.

seems that you are ignorant, haven't you heard about Sierra Leone , haven't you heard about countries which have same raw materials like iron, diamonds, about counties who could be rich if not companies corupting local politics or even like on sierra leaone sending troops and mercenaries against local people who want have profits because of raw materials from their ground ?

haven't you heard about colonies ?

where were you when history was taught in shool ?

what happens on oceania ?

western big companies always treat us poor as shit

for example, in some poor countries they don't respect trash, polution and labour law regulations, which they obey scrupulate in their countries

of cours in half it is guilt of poor countries corupted goverments, but this feeling make people commit terrorist actions

if you are poor, if you are treated like shit, one day you want revenge, it is normal, if someone kicks me, i try to kick him back, it is normal

Ok you want to lecture me on history?

I guess you're talking about the countries who are rich in natural resources, like a lot of African states but haven't developped as for example there Asian equivalents. Do you honestly think multinational companies are the only reason for that? In some states the influence of such companies might have had an influence but the history of most African states was determined by a multitude of other factors.

Talking about Westerrn influence the colonial heritage certainly had an important impact and the Western dominance in the structuring of the global economy continues to create problems for developping nations. But you can't forget that the last 50-60 years of underdeveloppment wasn't possible without the Africans themselves. Today Africans are mostly exploiting each other.

I admit that Europe and the USA make no serious effort to change the status quo, in fact they profit from it but would you remove them not much would change. Perhaps China and India would replace the West.

And what happens in Oceania?

In fact most companies respect local labour and environmental laws. It's just that in most developping countries these laws allow people and the environment to be treated like shit.

Being poor doesn't justify terrorism.

/edit Using youtube to form an opinion about the situation in Iraq and about the character of American soldiers isn't appropriate

For starters checkMichael Yon's blog to get some more info on the perspective of Coalition soldiers.

Being poor doesn't justify terrorism.

Being rich doesn't justify ignorance.

"In fact most companies respect local labour and environmental laws."

Oh and if you believe that then you need to lay off the Disney Channel biggrin_o.gif

It takes less than 5 seconds to find videos of people getting their heads sawed off with knives, women stoned to death, and piles of dead bodies killed with nerve gas. Funny how I've never heard any one condem such acts.

Never?  Never ever?  Yeah, that is funny.

Here on planet earth I can hear of acts like that being condemned all the time.  confused_o.gif

Hey Bernadotte !

How´s life on the outer saturn rings ?

Glad to see you around,

welcome.gif

Quote[/b] ]I admit that Europe and the USA make no serious effort to change the status quo, in fact they profit from it but would you remove them not much would change.

For governmental methods that´s true. They more or less only try to hold such nations at the long hand while gently handing out contracts for their companies to make some big buck there. Noone here is seriously interested in a stable and self-feeding african continent. They are beginning to worry though as a mass-exodus towards europe is and will be the result of that policy. A serious approach would be to help them help themselves, somethin that is not done by governmental authorities as this would take the african nations out of the dependancy oneday they all enjoy so much as you can make great deals with someone who needs you and ows you a lot of money.

Hi ya Bals, m8.

After nearly 2 decades in Central Europe I returned to Canada for a while and immediately gained around 5 kg.

So, unfortunately, I am starting to look a bit more like Saturn than Jupiter.

Of course, I mostly blame ArmA.  wink_o.gif

A serious approach would be to help them help themselves, somethin that is not done by governmental authorities as this would take the african nations out of the dependancy

Very true. But quite simply, you cannot help peopel that cannot help themselves. In Africa (as you used as an example) land that has been taken from white farmers has seen decreased output and thus there are problems with food shortages. Could the west put forth some effort and reverse this...yes. But right now we are too busy trying to save the world from our SUV's.

And how do you deal with countries that preform genital mutilation on females and execute victims of child abuse for chastity violations? Really...I don't have an answer.

71 Child Offenders Are on Death Row, According to Rights Group

Wow never noticed the political forums here. Better late than never I guess.

Edit- An introduction maybe. I'm a student in Israel, I study for a B.A in economics and business management in Ariel. Ariel is a large settelment located in Samaria (West bank's northern part). It has about 40,000 people and Israel's largest college, which is moving towards university status. Well, that sums up my political views, I believe.

Anyway to continue the last post here about Africa, you can't really make order in such a country without committing war crimes yourself. That's because it's almost impossible to make the distinction between civilians and hostiles. You attack a rebel base and kill civilians, because they are civilians and even kids with Ak's.

And they have a different mentality. Coming into a society at war trying to "jump" them to western democracy... You'll have the same luck as if you tried to do that to the Vikings, and that's not a joke. Examples - Iraq and Russia when it tried to "jump" itself in the 1990's.

And now for the comical relief, I suggest all portugese readers of this forum to go check on youtube the video from the band "Kalashnikov" dubbed "Warriors of the Hezbollah"...  wow_o.gif  banghead.gif  yay.gif  pistols.gifrofl.gif