Sign in to follow this  
Badgerboy

Digital Editing

Hi all,

I was hoping someone would havea recommendation on a video editing solution I can use to create a decent video. I'm doing this as a favour to a friend (A new, foxy, blonde, famous model friend.... no, no names, try and guess smile_o.gif ), and have about 15 mins of footage taken from a DV camera ripped to raw .avi. (5gb). I need to take segemnts, tidy them up, re-arrange them, plus drop in some covers as an overlay etc, and other publicity pictures.

I had a dabble with Pinnacle Liquid 6, but I think I might have thrown myself in the deep end with that. Its not the easiest to get to grips with! Pinnacle Studio 9.3 only allows you to edited video you have ripped directly from the camera, so I can't use that either...

Any ideas? I'm seeing her again on Wednesday, so I want to get cracking on it! And don't say Windows Movie Maker!

Thanks

Adobe Premiere

Combustion

Ulead Video Studio 8

All of them require some time to get into them.

Premiere is pro, Combustion is superpro and Ulead Video Studio is fast to understand , learn and use but provides only limited functions while they should be enough for what you intend to do.

I guess Video Studio 8 can be downloaded as demo, but I´m not sure what the demo limitations are.

Trying a demo of Premiere, and getting on well with it.

Thanks!

use vegas video if it needs to be done quickly

creating image and sound transitions is very easy and intuitive, and it has more text animation effects available

(unlike Premiere Pro: it's the best IMHO, but you need to do a lot of reading before you understand the way it handles the most easy tasks like lowering the volume or mixing sounds)