Sign in to follow this  
asha2323

why is OF such a buggy piece of poo

Why the hell is this program such a piece of rubbish,I mean, why the hell don't game developers get things right before they release these things. I got OF, and all the patches to 1.4, and I cant even install the 1.2 patch because of some error or other.

I cant believe that games mags in the uk gave such a crap program 90%, OK, OK< the game might be good, if you actually get it to run, but they should debug and playtest properly before they release games.

It is a rip off to buy a game that needs 4 patches before you can play it, what the hell do these people who make the game think they are doing.

I AM EXTREMELY PISSED, and have tried installing the 1.2 patch 6 times, from a completely clean install. I keep getting the error.

I have removed daemon tools, etc.

fucking shit, if you ask me, I will never be buying another Bohemia interactive game ever again, they are nothing but newbie game coders who don't have a clue how to write a decent program. I will go back to playing Wolfenstein and Half Life, which are by far bettter programs with solid code, out of the box........

Somebody told me they were coding a sim for the US Marines...Good god, I hope there isnt a proper war, we will all die.

Sorry you've had such bad experiences but try putting it into perspective. OFP is one of the largest, most complex games I have ever played and a long way from HL and RTCW ( neither of which are perfect ). Sure some of the bugs are dumb and should have been caught but nobody is perfect.

Even if you catch 99.9% of bugs, a game which does a 1000 things still probably has one bug in it ( roughly speaking ). Make the game twice as complex and you have twice as many bugs. Make it a hundred times as complex...

I've seen arcade shooters with bugs. How is anything this complex going to avoid problems?

And given your problems, this sounds like more than your average gameplay bug. Nobody can cover every PC setup.

I can understand your frustrated but rather than ranting try giving more details ( specific error messages ) and perhaps people might be able to help. This game is a great one and it would be a shame if you were denied the chance to see that.

alright shut up, quit whining, and go play something else if you dont like it.

Did you come here to whine like a petulant child or did you come here to seek our help in getting the patches installed? If the former then go enjoy your linear, restricted, generic HL & RTCW. If the latter then post a complete list of your system specs and we'll do our utmost to help you solve the problem smile.gif

ohh,, don't get me started,, I was just about to go to bed sad.gif

"asha2323",, from reading your post, I can't say anything else than that you don't know anything about games development.

These dayes, there are thousands of thousands different combination of hardware which you can build your PC upon. Making a game 100% compitable with all of these is a job that is,, well.. hard.

If you're having a problem, it's your computer that's causing them. Such a simpel task as defraging your HD can solve a problem.

And you're upset about that you have to download 4 patches. Well,, these aren't just patches. Read 1.20 info, read 1.30 info and read 1.40 info.

Do you see anything unusual compared to other game patches? Let me give you a hint* New features, units, vehicles and weapons. For Free.

Oh,, you mentioned that you would go back and play HL. That's just lame. How many patches aren't there for HL?

Post your specs, and we may help you. If you don't want help, skip the BS please.

Thank you.

Ummm, moderators, I'd like to point out that such a blasting post from someone with only ONE POST to their name is likely someone who is a regular, but wanted to have some fun. IN the future, I suggest you simply delete posts like this instead of getting worked up and taking time to write detailed posts which the original poster will not read.

Sorry but in my experience that's incorrect, it's more likely to be 1. A fan of a rival game, 2. Exactly what it appears, someone with problems who instead of seeking help the correct way decides to sign up to the nearest forum to bitch at all and sundry smile.gif

not to be 'rude' because as you all know I have such an even temper..

BUT

seeing as how almost everyone else seems to have little if any problems with OFP.. and you have so many, the logical rout is to consider your system stability.

OFP is a VERY damanding game, it can push even the lastest greatest PCs to the limits of their capabilities..

1: anything overclocked?

2: whats yer processor temp? anything over 60 degrees C cna cause issues

seeing as how you didnt post ANY of your system specs or go into detail about it its apparent you didnt come here to get any sort of help.. but insted to piss and moan like a 4 year old who dropped their ice cream..

You will never get any shit from people here by saying you have problems and need help fixing them..

Crying%20Baby.jpg

but this is unacceptable.

LOL!

I cant help myself from smiling while reading this, he complains about the bugs in OFP and sayes he is going back to HL, atleast in OFP U have never been able to change skin into a chopper(LOL :D ). And I have never seen anyone in OFP getting on a civilians head and jumping til his on top of a church :p . I have never seen anyone going outside the map swimming around killing ppl from outside the map (I heard U can still do that on de_prodigy). And I have to say the vehicles work just a liiiiittle better in OFP then in CS (cs_jeepathoon2k or something like that woooah realism :0 ).

In OFP I have never seen anyone standing out in the open spinning around shooting ppl in the head *spalsh* *splash*.

Have U ever seen anyone in OFP on the west side looking like a russian? or perhaps instead of CS where U could kill ppl in spectator mode, someone in OFP would fly around as a bird shooting Mavericks out of its ass blowing everything to tiny little pieces. I have only heard about one cheat in OFP and everybody knows about it so it will most likely be fixed in the next release, or am I wrong?

Has anyone but me figured out that the guy has a warezed vesion and he is simply a dumb prick that can't bare to pay? Only these guy ever bitch like that... when you have an original, you might need to re-install, and reset prefs, but that is it...

ehehhe......hehehehehe.....ahahahahahahahaha.....

Ok i have the solution to your question.

"why is OF such a buggy piece of poo"

..........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

.................................................................................because it isn't!.......................................................................................

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 15 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. A fan of a rival game<span id='postcolor'>

Time to dig out my 'WWIIOnline/CS fan repellent spray' again. smile.gif

Reading so many replies to what asha2323 posted, I think you are a bit too harsh on him. There was quite a lot of people in past who posted their first post very similiar to this one. The best way how to react to post like this to ignore the "whinning" and simply ask "what is your problem? What error messages do you have?". Starting quarrel with the topic starter is not actually helping anything.

What John C Flett posted as first reply was very professional and helpful, but replies that came after seem to me quite unprofessional and very close to flaming:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you come here to whine like a petulant child or did you come here to seek our help in getting the patches installed? If the former then go enjoy your linear, restricted, generic HL & RTCW. <span id='postcolor'>

What startles me most is that messages like the quote above come from moderators of the forum, whose role I think is to keep the forum a pleasent place to participate.

/me slaps Placebo with a large cod

Oh behave. tounge.gif

/me slaps himself with a large cod just for the heck of it.

Don't give up yet asha2323. I recommend you to read through Avon's FAQ to find cure for your problems.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Jan. 15 2002,10:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't give up yet asha2323.<span id='postcolor'>

Mmmm... I think he did give up. His post counter dinna go up one wee bit since that ominous message. I think he's gone for good.

Mind you, I'd have probably lashed out all the same, because whining irritates me. Oh sure, I'd have felt bad after, but by then it's too late. Good lesson for me to learn here (and anywhere else...) Thou shalt not smite noobs, cause they will never ever come back with an apology. Those few that do, however, deserve a good, friendly slap on the back.

Just an unfortunate chain of events...

A tip to ppl posting about problems in the future is to calm down be4 posting or U will curse alot and say the game is crap and everyone will hate U instead of trying to help you. I dont think this guy was looking for help, he was just here to let everyone know how he felt before giving up on the game. If he wanted help I think he would have asked what he could do about it and not just say that it sucks and that he is going back to HL before he even got a single reply...

Interesting thread this...

With the diversity in PC building, it's inconceivable that a game or any app for that matter will run the same on everybody's machine - I'm sure the BI guys will have tesed everything in as far asthey could...so I cannot possibly condone asha doodah's posting...he/she did not come here actually wanting to be helped I feel, just to vent some anger...

Many of us have had many problems with many games at one time or another - that's just the nature of the beast...God knows I've had some grief starting MP games via GameSpy with OF - but I can only say I LOVE this game - It's so engrossing and well developed - just the scenery alone is breathtaking!

As to our friend Asha, well, there's always one!

Cheers!

Dark