Sign in to follow this  
SHWiiNG

just spotted something

if you see any addons when if you fire off a round, smoke is seen at the end of the muzzle, you will know that this is wrong, because, this would only heppen if oil has been put down the rifle, this can be good and bad, its is sometimes required, but they will shoot the oil out of the barrel bofore combat , so im just sayin if you didnt already know, for all you addon makers out there, try not to put the smoke effect on rifles when shot.

I'm sorry. I didn't notice you posted something. I was too busy looking at the end of the barrel of your avatar. Flash/Smoke, it's all magical.

Have you EVER shot a gun? And I don't mean an air gun.

Actually smoke is expelled from the barrel of my air rifle when fired tounge_o.gif

Dude, buy yourself a REAL gun and fire it. The barrel and ejection port (for the catridges) do produce smoke.

It's not much and it's hardly seen, but it's there.

Have you EVER shot a gun? And I don't mean an air gun.

Yes i have, M16's, M60 HMG, m2 50 cal. HMG, M4A1, Ak47(Chinese Varriant), M249 SAW, M9 berrata....for the most part, only a little bit of smoke is dispersed, and honestly, there wouldn't be any smoke unless it was burning oil. The gun powder is all gone by then, burned by the small but contained inferno. All you see is a tiny bit of smoke, but not a ton, and its gone by the time you clicked on the safety after firing a few. So in retrospect, yeah, ofp shouldn't have the smoke coming out of the weapons like that, its just not true.

Brandon

I looked at the post 3 times.

I still dont know why you posted that.  rock.gif

Yes i have, M16's, M60 HMG, m2 50 cal. HMG, M4A1, Ak47(Chinese Varriant), M249 SAW, M9 berrata....for the most part, only a little bit of smoke is dispersed, and honestly, there wouldn't be any smoke unless it was burning oil.  The gun powder is all gone by then, burned by the small but contained inferno.  All you might see if some smoke after you fire enough rounds, but thats hardly anything.  So in retrospect, yeah, ofp shouldn't have the smoke coming out of the weapons like that, its just not true.  

Brandon

Ok, I thought the guy meant the smoke effects on the MAP weapons by Earl. Those are very relealisitic.

It's indeed correct that the smoke on for example the MP5 is much to visible and a little bit too much. Becides; on the MP5SD most gasses are contained inside the silencer so there should actually be almost no smoke at all.

ah...no...i'm a Senior Airmen in the United States Air Force Auilary Civil Air Patrol and when i was at ft lewis this summer, we got trained in firing a number of weapons, including all the ones i mentioned above. I got to ride in humvees carry guns, ammo, vests, for 2 weeks, etc.,etc. but thats getting off topic

Brandon

for all you addon makers out there, try not to put the smoke effect on rifles when shot.

I don't care about if smoke really is expelled from the barrel, but telling addon makers not to do it, I mean come on. Thats rude, and I'm sure someone went through some hard work just to get their smoke effects to work. So please don't be disrespectful, its the addon maker's choice, and if you don't like it, don't use it.

Thats all I have to say.

hihihi, did one of you think of how to turn off the smoke on hand weapons?

i have an almost fully textured modern crossbow on my HD and i'd really like to know if there's a way to disable the muzzle smoke in ofp.

... AFAIK there's no way unless you make a whole mod. and that's why that crossbow will stay on my HD.

Well, the smoke comes out where the usti hlavne (I think thats how its spelled) point, so you should move it back, then you can make the smoke come out in the back, somewhere less visible. You could try moving it around until you find somewhere where it won't look bad.

lets just put it this way......... its in game so whats gonna be done about it as it is default? I personally think this is a rather stupid thing to bring up but on the other hand i havent fired a gun before so i am not the one to say

Col Klink has figured out how to remove the smoke thats coded into the weapons.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=41148

Bratty, according to that thread, that only works on vehicles, not small arms weapons. You would have to make a new soldier that uses no smoke on any weapon, so making your specific weapon have no smoke won't work.

I don't see how others can call him rude and them be even more rude. rock.gif

It's some advice for ppl and a suggestion, not a communist cenorship. Don't you think it's pretty stupid to reply to a post just to be rude.

P.S. When I shot my dad's pistol, it made so much smoke, you can see it float in the air...of course it was a black powder pistol smile_o.gif