Sign in to follow this  
Sexacutioner

Heli Flies through structure but person doesn't

Ok, I tried searching for this since I figured it must be a common problem being I have just started modeling, but either didn't know what to search for or couldn't find it.

Here's the problem. I create a model and then Geometry LOD for the model. I give all the objects in GEO names "Component01" etc...and weight. When I test in game, if I walk up to it, the GEO seems to be working fine, not allowing me to go through parts that are there, however if I am in a helicopter it can fly right through it as if it weren't there at all.

My config is set to inherit house, although I don't think that's the problem since I have de-pbo'd a tower model of someone elses and tried it with my config and theirs worked so it must be a problem with my Oxygen model.

I've even tried it with something VERY simple. I made a tall rectangle (about as tall as normal towers) and copied the LOD to GEO LOD and named the big rectangle "Component01" then applied weight. Same thing, person is blocked but heli flies right through. Any idea what is causing this?

Don't name the selections in geolod yourself.

Safest way to do this in geometry lod, fire geometry and view geometry is to

select "structure" (menu bar)

select "topology"

and then "find components". (use this for regular cubes etc)

or "convexity"

then "Component convex hull". (for cylinders etc)

Yea, I've tried having the program name them or naming myself both. Also tried the other suggestions and no go. It's only one square though. I made it simple after my complex model didn't work and still can't get it.

http://metalblend.com/pole.zip

There's the file if anyone wants to have a look. Contains the uncompressed and compressed .pbo. You'll notice that collision detection works with men and vehicles, but a helicopter will fly right through it. I don't know what else I can do.

Ok I deleted your old component01 and made a newy.

Added fire and view geomtry, Pboed it and it works fine.

If you give me an MSN or something I can email changes to you.

----

Well there werent any changes really. The fire and view lods were just duplicates of the geometry lod

Thanks alot for the help man. I really don't know what was happening, but I started over with a new .pbo and did the exact same thing and then it worked. I tried a couple more things and they worked too. Maybe something got messed up in my file? Thanks for the help!

-Shawn