Sign in to follow this  
Baphomet

Wasteland Island released.

Antimeasure submitted his Wasteland Island to OFP.info

I've always wanted to make a dynamic wasteland type mission, in the same vein as those games in the Fallout series.

This addon has once more stirred my imagination. It'd be really great if one of the more scripty mission makers made a dynamic mission in which you could travel around the world talking to npcs to either buy, or trade weapons/vehicles/etc or to generate missions.

What would especially be nice is a multiplayer version which emphasized a party of individuals.

I don't know if it's possible in OFP but with Starsiege Tribes' mod Tribes RPG, they tackled the problem of saving games by giving players the option to output certain data in the game to a file that could be loaded later which would track the last known location, inventory, etc.

Would this be possible in OFP? Is there even a demand for such a thing? Regardless. I think it sure would be fun.

No no, fallout is an RPG which is set in a post apocalyptic setting. Excluding the roleplaying stats, the game featured a vast range of NPCs which you could talk to and take missions from, only in the context of fallout this would advance the overall story. With OFP you could simply be generating random encounters or missions.

I've always wanted to make a dynamic wasteland type mission, in the same vein as those games in the Fallout series.

This addon has once more stirred my imagination. It'd be really great if one of the more scripty mission makers made a dynamic mission in which you could travel around the world talking to npcs to either buy, or trade weapons/vehicles/etc or to generate missions.

What would especially be nice is a multiplayer version which emphasized a party of individuals.

I don't know if it's possible in OFP but with Starsiege Tribes' mod Tribes RPG, they tackled the problem of saving games by giving players the option to output certain data in the game to a file that could be loaded later which would track the last known location, inventory, etc.

Would this be possible in OFP? Is there even a demand for such a thing? Regardless. I think it sure would be fun.

Check the link in my sig

EDIT: in fact, I will be making a campaign .. perhaps I will use this island map. I think it looks pretty good

Fallout, Fallout 2 and to a lesser extent, Fallout: Tactics are (IMHO) the greatest RPG's ever made. The location and world design is excellent (if someone would make a Tonal sized version of THIS map you'd be my hero). Vehicle and weapon designs with that rusted wasteland look. The character development with skills/perks/traits, it's humour and in-game references to other media (books/movies/magazines/TV).

For a couple of years I've thought about a Fallout Mod for OFP but lacking any ability in O2 and limited skills in Photoshop and Configs, my options are reduced to hoping for it to be made. I did once make a mission that I never finished with NPCs, weapon shops, hotels where you could sleep/heal, random encounters, raider/slaver camps and a skiptime script so that 24hrs would pass in 1hr as fallout had that 1/2hr day 1/2hr night thing. I lost this mission long ago though. Anyway... I wish  blues.gif

Cap.

Fallout *bump* Heartattack

DOWNLOADING NOW....

Somone get me my Bozar please gotta to kill some muties

Quote[/b] ]Check the link in my sig

EDIT: in fact, I will be making a campaign .. perhaps I will use this island map. I think it looks pretty good

You know I was thinking about Sinews of War when I thought of a dynamic mission that could be used for a post apocalyptic setting. I think it would work great.