Sign in to follow this  
The_Cobra

Help with briefing

I´ve heard that you can make a briefing with the Chris´s Script Editor. But is there som other script you can write on someway to make a briefing without the Chris´s Script Editor?

take somebody else's briefing.html and edit it with notepad ...

you could click my banner for an example wink_o.gif

I checked that out but how du you change the briefing? It was just like a homepage. I tried to show the source (I don´t know if it´s named like that on english but translated directly from swedish it´s: "Show source") but it was just like a HTML document... but I´ll try anyway but I really don´t understand how to do it.

The briefing is saved in HTML format that can be edited by notepad, in can`t see the problem.

There was an tool, called AJ_Briefinggen. Try that. smile_o.gif

I tried to change it in notepad but when I put in my mission it becomes a .txt file. Why is that or is it just that I should not save it to my mission?

make sure that when you save the .html file in notepad, the "save as type" line points to "all documents" and not to ".txt documents. now your document has the extension .html.txt, you can get rid of that .txt by means of an ftp, winscp program or anything that allows you to see the extension etc.

I´ve done this all and the note is changed, gears are also changed but when I klick on; "You´ll start near tho town, nothing happends. It´s have the htmltag; <a href:"marker:start"> (something like that, I know it´s wrong but just to show) but when I click on it the marker doesn´t get centrated. Why?

the marker on the map needs to have the exact name you are refering to with the html tag

markers can be edited on the map by pressing F6 and by clicking on them

I allways name my markers mrk# for example mrk1, mrk2. i copied the briefing from another mission. but I haven´t changed those names... should I change it to <a href:"mrk1:start"> or something like that?.

If your markers name is ThisIsMyMarkerAndItShowsWherePlayerStarts then the correct would be

You are part of team which starts <a href="ThisIsMyMarkerAndItShowsWherePlayerStarts">here.</a>

"You are part of team witch starts" - normal text

"ThisIsMyMarkerAndItShowsWherePlayerStarts" - is the name of the marker like it's named in the editor

"here." - is the text that whould be blueish and when you click it, it would take you to that marker

You figured it out now?  rock.gif