Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

I stumbled across this game that was recently released. smile_o.gif

Website

Quote[/b] ]Immerse yourself in "Nexus - The Jupiter Incident", the latest surprise to hit the gaming world! Innovative and groundbreaking, it is a real-time mission-based tactical space game featuring spectacular real time battles and breathtaking motion picture quality. Focus on tactics and action as you control up to a dozen battleships encountering aliens, unknown solar systems and astrophysical phenomena in your struggle to save Earth.

At the dawn of the 22nd century the conquest of space and the colonization of the solar system is being monopolized by several huge and ambitious megacorporations. Although extremely delicate and vulnerable, a balance is maintained by these companies. It has now been 60 years since the terrible catastrophe that befell Noah's Ark, the first colony ship of mankind.

At the very edge of the solar system the companies make a discovery which will shift the technological advantage and upset the balance. And so a new conflict is born: "The Jupiter Incident". You are Marcus Cromwell, a young but already famous captain. With your legendary spaceship Stiletto you find yourself in the middle of the conflict.

“Nexus – The Jupiter Incident†is what we call a TFS: a Tactical Fleet Simulator. It’s like nothing you’ve played before. The strong, elaborate story takes you from mission to mission and allows different approaches. It’s up to you which tactics you choose to bring each mission to a good end. A reward system enables you to repair, upgrade and enhance your ships depending on the approach you chose. Mission briefings let you roam through an unbelievably accurate 3D animated star map system.

Are you ready to take on the challenge…?

"Nexus - The Jupiter Incident" is due for release 1st of October 2004.

img_large156.jpg

img_large145.jpg

Ship models, weapon effects, the UI, briefings illustrated with planetary movements can be highly modded. A HALO mod is in the works for the game. smile_o.gif

Too bad it is too late to ask for Christmas. Hopefully my birthday will come by quickly. wink_o.gif

Cool. Sounds kinda like a newer version of Freelancer.

EDIT: Is that 2nd pic a battleship?... Fugly use of Textures

I recently got this one, great fun and graphics. The only one as good was the ill fated universal combat.

I knew those screenshots looked familiar.

In fact Nexus is the new name of the Imperium Galactica 3 game that was in development but was cancelled several months ago.

That is good to see such a promising game (the playable demo of IG3 was really impressive) finally made it to the public despite having been cancelled first.

So, Nexus the Jupiter Incident started as IG3 , and i can't find a thread started already thats more relavent and i can't post anything valid on other topics because i don't have anything overly to say on them. but Is there going to be an Imperium Galactica 3 eventually? sorry for the considerable necro posting. but after searching the forum this is the most relavent thread for it . So basically yeah..is there going ot be an IG3 at some point?

even after 14 years its still one of my favorite games sadly its so old now that the newer OS systems don't support it . but i think if you guys followed the same formula for it , real time space battles and RTS map it'd be awesome. just think of how much more realistic the fighters and destroyers could look now.

Nexus the Jupiter incident was nice but it lacked the same scope as IG2 did. i haven't played IG1. but the Shinari and the Kra'hen, and the Humans were nice it'd be nice if the other races were a bit more fleshed out. Not many games are anywhere near as good or original as Imperium Galactica was. part city builder, part combat simulator , and RTS/Empire management all in one o.o

i thought mentioning it might let you guys know that it hasn't been forgotten , and i don't know where else to post this o.o