Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Buldozer is unusable

Hello.

I did a quick search before posting so I don't think this has been asked before..

My Buldozer has for some time now been acting strangely when it is started up, since I placed it in the C:\ folder. It starts up with O2, but displays a grey box covering about 1/4 of the screen. This then turns into a massive box covering almost all of the screen and when this happens, there is a significant slow-down which effects all programs I may have running at that time. If I alt+F4 out of it, my O2 works fine, but then I have not got the use of my buldozer.

o2error1.jpg

o2error2.jpg

I can try to restart it with my current model being displayed and it will repeat what it does at start-up.

However, the strange thing is that it will only do this for some models. My current project is also one it will not work on.

My solution this far has been to load up a model it will display, then load my current project without restarting Buldozer. This USED to work fine.

Now when I go to change to my current project, it will stay on the previous model. This means I cannot view my latest work, and that's not a workable situation.

Another problem seems to be that my o2 will no longer convert textures, even ones it had previously done before (so the textures I am trying to convert are correct). I can get around this with textview but that's too time consuming.

This has only started happening in the last day, after I used odol explorer to convert one of our own (DKM's) models to mlod for my use. I do not know if that is related to my recent problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried replacing buldozers .dll's with fresh copies in case one or more has been damaged?

Planck

I have had the exact same problem , i can only relate it to face count , as the model stoped showing around the 8000 mark (cant remember exactly) and when i dropped the faces back down it showed again .

Also try cutting and pasting it into a new project window...that worked as well sometimes .

Thanks alot.

My model is only about 4,000 faces though. So I don't know if that would cause it.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Try putting Buldozer ona different drive than C:

If you only have one drive try mapping another drive name/letter to your directory.

Quote[/b] ]To assign a drive letter to a network computer or folder

Open My Computer.

On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.

In Drive, select a drive letter.

In Folder, type the server and share name of the computer or folder you want.

Example:

\\servername\sharename.

-or-

Click Browse to find the computer or folder.

Notes

To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.

To reconnect to the mapped drive every time you log on, select the Reconnect at logon check box.

Mapped drives are available only when the host computer is available.

Network drives are assigned letters from Z to A, and local drives (your hard drive and removable storage devices) are assigned letters from A to Z.

You can assign a computer or shared folder to a different drive letter by disconnecting from the drive and then reassigning it to a new drive letter.

It works for me anyway...hope it helps.