Placebo

European Politics Thread.

http://www.bankier.pl/wiadomosc/Der-Spiegel-wschod-NATO-za-zerwaniem-umowy-z-Rosja-3191758.html (PL)

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/sites-named-for-new-nato-bases-in-eastern-europe/506165.html

What is says...

Poland, the Baltic states and Canada — also a NATO member — called for a repeal of the 1997 Russia-NATO Founding Act, Der Spiegel magazine said Sunday, citing unnamed sources at NATO and the German government. Germany disagrees... Nevertheless with many violations caused by russian side, many german politics may chnage their postition and opt for bolstering central and Baltic states.

A video to remind people that parts of europe are still heavily mined

It's something that really piss me off, that a kid may go to the woods to play an got his leg blown up because of a ***** mine that some ***** planted 20 years ago. I know that there are a lot of countries in the world with the same problem, but being a European, I can't understand how with all the amounts of money we expended in commodities, we couldn't just dedicate a few millions to clear all the mines in the Balkans.

- - -

( The Guardian ) EU leaders deliver sanctions ultimatum to Russia over Ukraine

European Union leaders have given Russia a week to reverse course in Ukraine or face a new round of sanctions as Kiev warns it is on the brink of full-scale war with Moscow.

Fears are growing that the confrontation on the EU's eastern borders could engulf the whole continent after Russia sent troops to back a new offensive by pro-Kremlin rebels in south-east Ukraine.

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography

Wuppertal is just a few km away from me. Man I can tell you the Germans are really pissed now.....

But those idiots got what they wanted, publicity...

So today Scottland decides if it is to remain part of UK or get some independence.

Anyway the Queen will remain its Head of State, however should Scottland become independent it would have some economical consequences for UK.

Still I doubt it will happen, as most of the surveys results have shown that the majority (by a small margin) wishes Scottland to remain as a part of UK. But we will see.

Well, seeing as the political leader behind the "Yes" campaign is a frakking idiot who keeps spouting lies and pushing the most optimistic projections he can find as the facts, I can only see bad times ahead if they do vote for independence. Either way, half the country will be pissed at the other half. Though at this point the "No" people are fairly civil while the "Yes" people appear to be fucking assholes, with the majority of what I've been seeing on FB and twitter being them talking about planning to intimidate voters, etc.

Well, seeing as the political leader behind the "Yes" campaign is a frakking idiot who keeps spouting lies and pushing the most optimistic projections he can find as the facts

As opposed to every other British politician, who is a right-minded and well educated, speaks only the truth and has a very rational outlook on the future of our economy?

All politicians are evil bastards who should be exiled to a deserted island and left to their own devices, no matter what country they are from. The only difference between him and every other British politician is that an amazingly high number of people are believing his crap.

And so Scotland remains part of Great Britain.

At least no one has to invent a new flag now :D

And so Scotland remains part of Great Britain.

At least no one has to invent a new flag now :D

Well a part of Great Britain, Scotland's always gonna be. Unless they cut the island in two.

But yeah, Scots have voted democratically and peacefully their future ( with all the possible democratic guarantees ), the result to remain inside the United Kingdom.

That lesson should be learned in Russia ( with their military invasion and fake referendums in Ukraine ), Spain, France, and all the other countries that deny the democracy ( from the authocratic Putin to the retrogrades Rajoy and Holland ).

Ok ok Kingdom of Great Britain, you dont call it Federative Republic of Germany in everyday speech too although that the right name for it.

Ok ok Kingdom of Great Britain, you dont call it Federative Republic of Germany in everyday speech too although that the right name for it.

In fact it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ( meaning the geographical place, both islands ), the metropolis is conformed by four nations: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The abbreviation is United Kingdom or UK.

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

BTW it's worth to read David Cameron's Statement on the vote. IMO superb:

( UK Gov ) Scottish Independence Referendum: statement by the Prime Minister

“The Scottish National Party was elected in Scotland in 2011 and promised a referendum on independence.

“We could have blocked that, we could have put it off but just as with other big issues, it was right to take - not duck - the big decision.

“I am a passionate believer in our United Kingdom – I wanted more than anything for our United Kingdom to stay together.

“But I am also a democrat. And it was right that we respected the SNP’s majority in Holyrood and gave the Scottish people their right to have their say. "

A lot of EU leaders should take note of it.

In fact it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ( meaning the geographical place, both islands ), the metropolis is conformed by four nations: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The abbreviation is United Kingdom or UK.

Still Great Britain is used as a political representation (not only geographical) of England, Wales and Scotland very often, mostly due to its historical meaning. Or simply as a synonym for UK.

But yeah feel free to pick at my every single word. Change you place of living to Republic of Finland in you profile first.

Still Great Britain is used as a political representation (not only geographical) of England, Wales and Scotland very often, mostly due to its historical meaning. Or simply as a synonym for UK.

But it's wrong, as you also meant the country were Northern Ireland is part of.

In the same way that is wrong to call the USA, America or North America. As America is the whole continent ( and North America is formed also by other countries like Mexico and Canada ).

But yeah feel free to pick at my every single word. Change you place of living to Republic of Finland in you profile first.

In this case it's right, as the Republic of Finland = Finland. In the same way that the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland = United Kingdom or the Federal Republic of Germany = Germany.

What would be wrong is to say that the Alps or Central Europe is the same as Germany. In the same way that the island of Great Britain is not the same as the United Kingdom.

It's basic geography.

It seems as if mostly old people voted with NO because they were scared into believing that their pensions would go to waste if Scotland became it´s own country. But really I´m glad to see at least one European country that has decided to solve such an issue in a grown up democratic manner. Respect to London and Edinburgh for beeing so civil about this whole thing. Somehow they did this really the british way. :D

And the funny note of the day, a Kremlin officer say that the referendum didn't meet the international rules...

Which is funny because there were observers from all the world ( I know personally some, from even opposing parties ), but obviously I guess they meant that the Russian Army was not taking care of "securing" ( forcing ) the vote like in Ukraine or Georgia...

Unfortunately the Kremlin's media didn't dare to publish it in English, so I'll add the Google's translation

( RIA Novosti ) Observer: a referendum in Scotland does not meet international rules

Original link in Russian

- - -

sgtseven I guess you know why those characters in your videos are known for...

Edited by MistyRonin

And the funny note of the day, a Kremlin officer say that the referendum didn't meet the international rules...

Which is funny because there were observers from all the world ( I know personally some, from even opposing parties ), but obviously I guess they meant that the Russian Army was not taking care of "securing" ( forcing ) the vote like in Ukraine or Georgia...

Unfortunately the Kremlin's media didn't dare to publish it in English, so I'll add the Google's translation

( RIA Novosti ) Observer: a referendum in Scotland does not meet international rules

Original link in Russian

- - -

sgtseven I guess you know why those characters in your videos are known for...

Huh, Russian Media failing hard? Nothing new to see here....

That lesson should be learned in Russia ( with their military invasion and fake referendums in Ukraine ), Spain, France, and all the other countries that deny the democracy ( from the authocratic Putin to the retrogrades Rajoy and Holland ).

Where does France deny democracy ?

It seems as if mostly old people voted with NO because they were scared into believing that their pensions would go to waste if Scotland became it´s own country. But really I´m glad to see at least one European country that has decided to solve such an issue in a grown up democratic manner. Respect to London and Edinburgh for beeing so civil about this whole thing. Somehow they did this really the british way. :D

With plenty of queueing. :D (Though you would be surprised, e.g. when Andy Murray tweeted he supported the Yes vote some of the shit people started spouting was disgusting, like saying he should have died in Dunblane (a school shooting in 1996 at the school that he attended).

On the other hand itt is good to see such a high turnout at a referendum/election in Britain, though I'm now interested to see how this affects the Catelonian referendum.

Where does France deny democracy ?

Read what for instance says Holland or Valls about Corsica, Basque country's, Catalonia's possible independence referendum's, etc.

That's even worse for Valls as he is Catalan ( born in Barcelona, and his and his family mother tongue is Catalan ).

I remember you that both Catalonia and Basque country have an important part inside the Republic ( check Perpignan's flag and the USAP motto ).

is it true that in Scotland voting immigrants who are not citizens had right to vote ? cause our TV said that Poles who are there working since few years took part in voting, it would be hard to believe that guest may decide about home which he visited and owner of home has the same rights as visitor

edit:

yes, i wrote now, they had right to vote, really "funny" that all EU citizens had right to vote - for me it is cheat when you are not citizen of country X but can take part in voting about country X future

Edited by vilas

is it true that in Scotland voting immigrants who are not citizens had right to vote ? cause our TV said that Poles who are there working since few years took part in voting, it would be hard to believe that guest may decide about home which he visited and owner of home has the same rights as visitor

In Scotland voted all the residents. So no visitors, only those EU citizens who have registered their right to live there / have a permit of residency. Same case is expected in Catalonia.

The idea is that people who live and work in a territory are the ones who decide what happen to it, as are the direct implicates.

Read what for instance says Holland or Valls about Corsica, Basque country's, Catalonia's possible independence referendum's, etc.

That's even worse for Valls as he is Catalan ( born in Barcelona, and his and his family mother tongue is Catalan ).

I remember you that both Catalonia and Basque country have an important part inside the Republic ( check Perpignan's flag and the USAP motto ).

Well, no region in France asks for such independence, even if some independence movements exist. Even Corsica, French catalonia or Basque regions want to stay in the so poor albeit so generous French state, which gives so much money... (I for myself would favour independence of Corsica or French West Indies which cost so much, but they don't want !).

Edited by ProfTournesol