Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

It's a well known fact that Ukrainian army has been shelled by artillery from within Russian soil. But that's offtopic i'm afraid.

It's like the WMDs, there's no evidence at all, or where are these well known facts and sources that would hold up in a court of law, not opinions or suggestions. Regarding Syria... Blatantly breaking international law from a country you expect to uphold it is dangerous, but then this has been the norm for a while now, Assad may not be everyones cup of tea but it's a sovereign country.. It's reckless behavior, one can only think it's intentional?

Well, the US and its allies are, or already have been pulling out of Afghanistan. What did they accomplish during their wars there? Mission accomplished? Not at all. Slowly everything is returning to the pre war situation, but with very high costs for the civilians. The Bush administration is responsible for two great failures, the wars in Iraq (where thanks to the weak and corrupt government put in place by them ISIS has been able to gain substantial power) and Afghanistan (where the Taliban are returning because the government put in place by the international community is not able to defend its territory.)

Vice news has started a new very intersting series "What We're Leaving Behind", the first video is up but I won´t link it here.

So for what did so many people loose their lives, health and sanity over the last decade?

So for what did so many people loose their lives, health and sanity over the last decade?

Money, bad news is there's more money to be made :(

The second Episode is up and I won´t link it. Both Episodes show daily life in a hospital, don´t watch if you can´t see blood.

Well, the US and its allies are, or already have been pulling out of Afghanistan. What did they accomplish during their wars there? Mission accomplished? Not at all. Slowly everything is returning to the pre war situation, but with very high costs for the civilians. The Bush administration is responsible for two great failures, the wars in Iraq (where thanks to the weak and corrupt government put in place by them ISIS has been able to gain substantial power) and Afghanistan (where the Taliban are returning because the government put in place by the international community is not able to defend its territory.)

Vice news has started a new very intersting series "What We're Leaving Behind", the first video is up but I won´t link it here.

Regardless of the mistakes we made in setting up the new Iraqi government, they themselves have consistently failed to govern. The fact is that we were tired of the cost as for almost a decade we played the world's most expensive game of whack-a-mole going around and killing all sorts of insurgent and militia assholes while attempting to strengthen the Iraqi government. The same is true with Afghanistan. Even people truly devoted to rebuilding these countries will get tired of regularly reading about events where some treacherous Iraqi or Afghan "soldier" turns his weapon on his comrades and American advisers at a base or checkpoint somewhere.

Money? It wasn't profitable for us. Only profitable for those like Karzai who will be out of Afghanistan on a private jet long before some fanatics break into his office to chop off his head.

Regardless of the mistakes we made in setting up the new Iraqi government, they themselves have consistently failed to govern. The fact is that we were tired of the cost as for almost a decade we played the world's most expensive game of whack-a-mole going around and killing all sorts of insurgent and militia assholes while attempting to strengthen the Iraqi government. The same is true with Afghanistan. Even people truly devoted to rebuilding these countries will get tired of regularly reading about events where some treacherous Iraqi or Afghan "soldier" turns his weapon on his comrades and American advisers at a base or checkpoint somewhere.

Money? It wasn't profitable for us. Only profitable for those like Karzai who will be out of Afghanistan on a private jet long before some fanatics break into his office to chop off his head.

Bushs frineds, especially Cheney also made huge profits because of those wars...

Ah Black Friday again, where the crazy almost kill others over trinkets and electronics,and this after camping outside the store or waiting for hours with many many others for the stores to open and the games to begin.

Must say its amazing and sadden to see the sheeple behave like this over crap that they barely can afford or need(not to mention how they threath others!)

Here are some links of footage shot in walmarts and other stores:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaq8gUkAX40

(1983 vs 2014)

and in the UK same story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ-z8xmADQA#t=29

Is this what we have become and going for? animals for stuff made by slaves in china and other places who cant even afford these goods cause they are payed pennys so their company's can make huge enormous profits? wait till its food that they will fight, kill and die for when the time comes!

but i love this santa(aka mark dice)

enjoy :)

Billions of Gallons Fracking Wastewater Pumped Into Clean California Aquifiers

Waste Water from Oil Fracking Injected into Clean Aquifers

State officials allowed oil and gas companies to pump nearly three billion gallons of waste water into underground aquifers that could have been used for drinking water or irrigation.

“At (a) time when California is experiencing one of the worst droughts in history, we’re allowing oil companies to contaminate what could otherwise be very useful ground water resources for irrigation and for drinking. It’s possible these aquifers are now contaminated irreparably.â€

In “fracking†or hydraulic fracturing operations, oil and gas companies use massive amounts of water to force the release of underground fossil fuels. The practice produces large amounts of waste water that must then be disposed of.

“This is something that is going to slowly contaminate everything we know around here,†said fourth- generation Kern County almond grower Tom Frantz, who lives down the road from several of the injection wells in question.

However, state officials tested 8 water supply wells within a one-mile radius of some of those wells.Four water samples came back with higher than allowable levels of nitrate, arsenic, and thallium. Those same chemicals are used by the oil and gas industry in the hydraulic fracturing process and can be found in oil recovery waste-water.

NBC Video Report

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Waste-Water-from-Oil-Fracking-Injected-into-Clean-Aquifers-282733051.html

Edited by oxmox

Youp fracking it's the new black nowadays, and basically it's one of the expensive and less efficient ways to get resources. Besides the huge impact it has. I've lived a few years ago in an area were a few companies started using that systems and it was really awful for the environment ( besides that no one in that region wanted ).

Less the police and more the paranoid wierdo that reported in that case.

I don´t know about the US, but here in Germany the phone operator propably would have told the caller to stop wasting his time...

I understand that the officer has to investigate if he has been sent there, but who is stupid enough to send him for something like that in the first place? Black dude walking down the road with his hands in his pockets? Who tought that this is suspicious?

I don´t know about the US, but here in Germany the phone operator propably would have told the caller to stop wasting his time...

High five to Germany for that, but in the US a lot of agency dispatchers aren't permitted to have that sort of discretion.

Nutty activist drive the news media, the news media drives the politicians, the politicians drive the police agencies, and the police agencies drive activists nutty. It's just one big frickin ugly.

Well here in Germany people also know that they will be fined if they call the emergency services without a proper reason.

Reflecting on my prior statement:

"Nutty activist drive the news media, the news media drives the politicians, the politicians drive the police agencies, and the police agencies drive activists nutty."

When you have an Activist as "Politician in Chief", like the US does, it turns this into a malicious looping script called "Corrupt_Political_Indulgences.sqf." The script is not local, mind you, it's global in effect. It can run on any country's political machine.

Given the recent events in the Midwest leading to all the protesting, I wouldn't be surprised if it was later learned the guy had an 'activist' buddy who made the phone call for the reason of the response being filmed. But the guy truly has to be given the benefit of doubt because any dispatcher can tell you they do receive some loopy calls from time to time by people with the most honest intentions but who just are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

US operations in Afghanistan based on lies?

Afghanistans second vice president Mohammed Karim Khalili discussed the current situation in his country with RT.

Your police is truly weird

watch?v=9_wLTmnKP5I

The Police officer was doing his job. The weird one here is the person who called the police. This is an example of the hostile mentality that the modern times creates, placing everyone against everyone.

Seriously police in the US neds to be better trained. Your firearm should be your absolute last resort ESPECIALLY when dealing with children for fucks sake.

I know no gun debate, but still when the police reacts to a call about someone with a possible gun, in a country where everyone can own a weapon, where children are shooting their parents/siblings/friends from time to time, you have to understand what those police officers are facing (or think that they are facing) on such calls.

The police chief saidthe boy has grabbed his gun (which lacked the orange marking BTW) at the police officers, perhaps because he wanted to be cool and "gangsta", how should they react?

I doubt the police would shoot a child just because they like to shoot. But they certainly seem to overreact a lot, but that comes from the fact that everyone might own a real weapon.

Seriously you should stop selling airsoft guns or anything that looks like a gun in the US, because owning a real gun is everyones holy right in the USA. Perhaps the police will shoot less innocents then.

Edited by negah

They also shoot frequently at people without a gun in their hand. That to me is a sign of bad training. The officers in question obviously weren´t mentaly equiped to deal with the situation.

but that comes from the fact that everyone might own a real weapon.

I fully agree but if you haven't already, you should take a look at the video of the scene on Youtube.

They have a really strange procedure to approach a potentially armed suspect...not to mention how they tackled his 14 years old sister and made her sit in their car just a few feet away from her dying brother...