Page 493 of 547 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 5470

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

Don´t bother Fox, I start to think that Pelham is just arguing for the sake of it.
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

I shall not insult moderators
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox '09 View Post
    @PELHAM
    Walker took his time to write up his post, don't you think he at least deserves to have all (if not most) of his points refuted one by one instead of responding to one point?
    If it wasn't so full of inaccuracies about what I believe or said I probably would. I was simply wondering if the Anarchists were in any way democratic. I guess from that it's a "no".
    It's not unreasonable that they ask the opinion of the majority before they engage in tearing down the system is it? How can it be right that a small minority dictates how the rest should live, be that the elite or the anarchists?

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
    Don´t bother Fox, I start to think that Pelham is just arguing for the sake of it.
    No Fox Tonci is just calling me names to try and devalue my point of view because he doesn't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PELHAM View Post
    If it wasn't so full of inaccuracies about what I believe or said I probably would. I was simply wondering if the Anarchists were in any way democratic. I guess from that it's a "no".
    It's not unreasonable that they ask the opinion of the majority before they engage in tearing down the system is it? How can it be right that a small minority dictates how the rest should live, be that the elite or the anarchists?

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

No Fox Tonci is just calling me names to try and devalue my point of view because he doesn't agree with it.
    I hear you. I'm all for civil dialogue, I think Tonci went a bit over the edge. I haven't actually read walker's post yet, but I assume what he's driving at is , even if they are a minority, they are on the side of the majority (the majority is somewhat progressive and untrustworthy of the goverment as noted by polls). Their tactics and motives may be different, but if you ask me they're technically on the side of the 99 percent, even if their tactics undermine the 99 percent's efforts. A part of me wants to cheer the anarchists when they terrorize bankers. Government should be afraid of the people. However, I think nonviolence is the only way true, long-term change can happen (if at all).
    "Simulations aren't about the destination, they are about the way there." - Metalcraze

If you don't think anything will ever happen, then why bother? This country has been sliding down ever since McCarthy and Ronald Reagan's ilk have been suppressing dissent of corporate control. It's merely a show now if you ask me, so kick back, relax and watch the empire crumble. Didn't start with them, but boy did they even push this country off the edge. Next up: commercial real estate bubble.
    I don't know . . . but it bothers me a lot. I should have precised that no change will be achieved by legal means. But I'm convinced that we will see massive social unrest all over the world, the current situation is just the beginning and it's going to get a lot worse. When we, the people, are with our backs against the wall and there's no way to retreat further, then we are going to push back. When we the 99% will start to starve and experiencing a lot of hardship, then the next big revolution is going to happen and it won't be a peacefull event.

I must say that the power elite has been very skillful in distorting the reality, lying to the people and deceiving them. They control the mainstream media all over the world which is the most powerful tool to manipulate the public opinion. Rockfeller himself said that without the loyality of the mainstream media they couldn't have achieved what they have so far.

The only thing I can try to do is to talk with people and with my friends about what is happening around us. But everytime I talk with my friends about these kind of matters I see that they are feeling very uncomfortable in discusing the current situation.
    The ignorance of people all over the world, concerning the actual status quo, is really mindboggling to me because I see that they are brainwashed by the mainstream media and they prefer to stuck their heads in the sand.
    What makes me really furious is the replies I get such like. "What can we do? We can do nothing."
    I'm always answering that the first thing they can do is research to gather information. Second talk with people about what's going on, try to raise awareness. But in the end I see that they prefer sitting in front of their TV and let others decide for them what to think.
    It's most of the time very frustrating to see the indifference in people about their own future and the future of the next generations, hence I understand why you are saying "Why even bother . . . just kick back . . . relax and watch the show."

Fact is people are slowly waking up but it's not enough. Awareness must be spread as much as possible.
    Do you like music?
    http://www.alchemydivine.com/index.html

Originally Posted by walker
    Took out myself and two other squad mates bouncing a grenade off a wall.

Originally Posted by CarlGustaffa
    Bah, I've done that since OFP I can't hit a barn when I'm trying to. But with nades, I can hit a barn when I'm not trying to

I shall not insult moderators
    I hear you. I'm all for civil dialogue, I think Tonci went a bit over the edge. I haven't actually read walker's post yet, but I assume what he's driving at is , even if they are a minority, they are on the side of the majority (the majority is somewhat progressive and untrustworthy of the goverment as noted by polls). Their tactics and motives may be different, but if you ask me they're technically on the side of the 99 percent, even if their tactics undermine the 99 percent's efforts. A part of me wants to cheer the anarchists when they terrorize bankers. Government should be afraid of the people. However, I think nonviolence is the only way true, long-term change can happen (if at all).
    Well said, but just to be sticky about the technicalities, if they really do stand for 99%, they need to prove it and ask. So far they and most other minority groups have not done so and show no interest in doing so. If there is no democatic vote, they are not democratic and are imposing their will on the majority without democratic consent. That is what bothers me, if the Anarchists or any other group could post evidence of majority popular support well that would be that. The continued program of tearing down what they disagree with, without any hard evidence of public consent is simply wrong. If the RSPB can bother me about membership on a weekly basis surely the Anarchists, Wikileaks and Occupy and others could drop a ballot paper though the letter box of every home in most countries?

According to SPIEGEL Online Santorum left the race and now it's Romney vs. Obama.

Actually there are more than two people running for president.

Oh please, any other primary candidate needs a wonder to become the Republican candidate.

First off, that attitude is exactly a reason why we are stuck in this god-awful two party swing oligarchy. Second, I said president, not republican candidate.

People whine and moan about the two parties, and then vote and only talk about the two parties because "why bother?" And "why bother" is a fuel to this country's political stupidity.

Ron Paul 2012.
    Last edited by GRS; Apr 10 2012 at 23:56.

Quote Originally Posted by GRS View Post
    First off, that attitude is exactly a reason why we are stuck in this god-awful two party swing oligarchy. Second, I said president, not republican candidate.

People whine and moan about the two parties, and then vote and only talk about the two parties because "why bother?" And "why bother" is a fuel to this country's political stupidity.

Ron Paul 2012.
    I'm not stuck in this two party "democracy". Just watching the spectacle of the US elections/primaries and of course this is not really democratic to choose between two "extremes". I think the US needs to realize that they need to vote for new parties and need to take a look at other democracies.

People in my country are shocked because the Pirate Party managed to get 13% of the votes in the weekly "Sonntagsfrage". This party didn't even exist in Germany until 2006 and they are well ahead of the 2% Liberal party (which is in the government right now) and the 10% Green Party. And this is a good example of democracy. They started as a protest against the CDU's plans to regulate the internet and if they manage to keep this momentum, they will be in the government in 2013.

Now imagine this happening in the US, oh wait...

Page 493 of 547 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543 ... LastLast