If u happened to be searching for an answer to proxies, hope this may help.
When creating non-vehicular addons, u may wanna make use of ofp or your own addons as proxies the way we use proxy missiles onto our aircraft. It is possible. This is just an example of how i use the proxy trees to complement my PCfoxhill addon.
1. After i have completed my addon, in resolution LOD, i just click on create and added the tree proxy from the data 3d file.
2. Saved the addon and loaded into ofp. NO TREES!!!!
3. Went back to O2, copy and paste the proxy tree from resolution LOD into View Geometry LOD. Saved and loaded into ofp. YES!!!!!!!!! Trees at last...BUT SOLDIERS CAN WALK THRU - NO GEOMETRY LOD!!!!
4. Went back again into 02, copy and paste tree proxy from resolution LOD into Geometry LOD. Saved and loaded into ofp. VOILA!!!! working proxy tree.
5. Basically to cut a long story short, just load the addon proxy thru the create command into resolution, geometry and view geometry and u should be about to have a working proxy object. NO ADDITIONAL CONFIG WRITTEN NEEDED.
6. Should u wanna view the proxy in bulldozer, u will need to:-
a. add in the path of your addon, eg.- proxy:\xaddon\x.p3d Remember to erase off the paths once u wanna makepbo, eg - \xaddon\x.p3d becomes proxy:x otherwise ofp engine wont recognise the proxy.
7. Col Klink is pioneering the DIB concept but i am not sure how it is implemented, however based on my own experiments, it seems the proxies will work for objects smaller than 50m or up to its geo limits. Anything bigger than 50m, u would have the proxy appear ingame base on the method used above but will not have any LOD, but i could be wrong.
All the best!